Impossible weight loss with hyperthyroid

• I have graves disease, and CANNOT lose weight. I am already eating so little (~1300 cals a day), and am only 28 years old (I hear weight loss is easier when younger).

I am also working out about 3-4 days a week. I know I need to up it, clearly but I am not sure what else to do. I actually started gaining weight (??) and am about to lose it. I don't do strength training so I doubt it's muscle - I do a lot of Zumba, etc. easy cardio.

Has anyone had ANY luck losing weight with thyroid disease?
  • "Weight gain with hyperthyroidism isn’t common, but it’s possible. It usually happens after you start treatment for hyperthyroidism and gain back weight you previously lost from the disease.In rare cases, it can mean something more serious. If you have hyperthyroidism and are gaining a lot of weight, talk to your doctor to figure out the best treatment or diet changes." https://www.healthline.com/health/hy...-gain#takeaway
    One thing to check on is if your Graves Disease has now become Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (swinging between hypo and hyper thyroid)

canadjineh (I'm hypothyroid - but treating with 30 mg dessicated thyroid, and selenium supplements to lower thyroid antibodies)
  • I've always been a bit podgy. One year I decided to work really hard, go to the gym every day and diet. I lost about 15-16 kilograms and was pretty happy with myself. I gained 2-4 kilograms after a few months and tried the exact same routine I had done so before. I just wouldn't lose weight. I went to the doctors who advised me I had severe hypothyroidism which is why I wasn't losing weight. I began taking 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 my medication for it.