March 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 2 of 26
Go to
  • It's Spring! (well, not quite, but at least it's March!)
    It's been a good day!
    Started the day with Bible Study and some quiet time.
    Then did a Sam's run (and Publix and Kroger). Got so much healthy food in the house.
    My meal today was 1/2 Chicken Breast with a bit of BBQ Sauce, fresh roasted Broccoli, Mushrooms and Carrots. And a side of tomatoes. (Which reminds me, if any of you have a Sam's membership and you like tomatoes you should try "Flavor Bombs". They are the very best tomatoes I've ever eaten. They are small - like Cherry Tomatoes - but still on the vine and so so yummy!)
    I've only drank half my water today. Need to get drinking!
    I also take supplements - which I have been sorefully neglecting the past few weeks. My pill organizer is full, and I will begin again.
    Had a chance to bless a homeless woman today. She was sitting out by the road with a sign. It was barely 50 and drizzling. She was in a short sleeve shirt with no jacket. I bought her a meal and gave her an extra jacket I had in the trunk of my car. She said it was the first time she felt cared about in a long time.
    I'm not saying this to brag at all...it was simple. I think that we often forget how the small things can be such a blessing to someone hurting. I'm going to be filling some purses I don't use any more with some things to give out to those who are asking for money on corners. I thought I'd fill it with some non-perishable food, hygiene items, but also a few things that would make them feel special If you have any suggestions I welcome the ideas!
    Blessings on you all.
  • Good evening! Did 2 miles Leslie Sansone this afternoon. Will do another mile in a few minutes. 😁❤️🍀
  • ChangeforLife I like your kindness. We do forget how a simplegesture can warm somebody else's life.

I am not a regular on this thread but pop in now and then. I do need to be more accountable to myself however.

Keep going all you "good things" x
  • Hi yangster - yep it will be in the 50s this week. People are biking, skateboarding and moving around.

Donna, don’t ask me why, but a Hershey bar would be an awesome treat for anyone. so where in East Tennessee should we retire? We may be making a trip down there over the summer.

Many thanks for your prayers. What an outstanding group!

• Good night all! Did another mile Leslie Sansone tonight. Had supper. My fitness goals for today have been attained. 😁❤️🍀
  • Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the support with my situation.

Total Approx 995 calories +

Breakfast ( 320 calories & )
    2 Siggi's yogurts 220 calories
    Banana 100 calories
    coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (125 Calories)
    Pole Beans 125 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
    Zoodles w/meat sauce 400 calories
    1/2 banana sliced topped with vanilla pudding cup 150 calories

Exercise:
    40 minute walk, Essentrics Full Body Workout, CS Frozen Shoulder

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Diana, will keep praying about your situation.😁❤️🍀
  • March 2021
    Hi!

usc: I like reading your comments about work. It is insightful for me to hear how others deal with conflict.
    Change: I like your purse idea. How very nice of you.
    Joe: I did not get any seeds started this year. There is still time..

I biked today.
  • Good morning
    Yangtzer the Gangster, You're back!!!!! So great to see you!!! We have missed you!! Yes, I am cooking for my parents; I'm not very good at it though . I need some new ideas. They don't eat much meat; they like simple things and I'm a simple cook. I can tell they are getting tired of the same old things. Although, bless their hearts, they are not complainers!!

Change4Life, Donna, I am so touched by your creative & practical ideas for the homeless person. I'm glad you shared that. I should make up some little kits to just keep in my car.

TREEMBBS, hello! Good to see you

I didn't do so well yesterday. I took in around 2000 calories. Did not get in any exercise either. Before I went to bed last night I had some popcorn with butter; that put me over the top calorie-wise. New day today.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min/cal supp., stretch, sit-ups.
  • Good morning! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. 🍀😁❤️
  • Donna, what you are doing is a beautiful thing and the right thing - you are directly making a positive impact for those in need.
    Diana - I really hope I did not sound a bit critical. The work environment has been less empathetic these days. CEOs are becoming darlings on Wall Street while the employees are getting crumbs.
    Ciecie - keep at it on the Leslie Sansone.
    Jen - we will get through this mess. Let’s take it day by day.
  • Good morning again! Just did 2 miles Leslie Sansone. Will have breakfast in a few minutes. Hope everyone has a great day! 😁❤️🍀
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Usc No, you didn't. I appreciate your input. This situation is a bit different because it is volunteer work. But the situation remains, that there will always be personality conflicts. Also, as a side note, I feel people with certain personality traits seek out others who they can treat that way. There has been a lot of issues with others and this person I am dealing with. On a positive note, she is a very hard worker. She just comes across very harsh and gruff and I take it personally.

Steps for yesterday: 11,188
    This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 995 +
    Weigh In: 197.6
    Down: 1.2 pounds

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

March 2

Deuteronomy 31:8
    And the Lord, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.

Sylvia was such a support. She really did know what the other women were going through. Not so long ago, Sylvia had weighed well over two hundred pounds. If anyone had earned the right to speak, it was Sylvia. Somehow it made it easier having someone around who was both sympathetic to the struggle and had been successful. Sylvia was indeed a blessing. It does help to have others around who have been down the road we are walking. These people can be a great source of comfort and courage. Thank God that these examples exist for us to follow. The Lord will not fail us.

Today's thought: I have no fear of failure, for the Lord is with me!
  • Hi all! Just had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands later on this morning. 😁❤️🍀
  • Exercise Today : 1 Hour
    Food Today: 1200 Calories
    Feeling Today: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy,
    For everything else, there is MasterCard.

Tags

weight lose, weight loss advice