Let's Get to Goal Weight 2021

You're on Page 2 of 15
Go to
  • LoganandLivsMom - It looks like we've had similar paths.
    I hope everyone is doing well and ready to tackle a new month on Monday.
  • Hello everyone!
    An update I started this thread weighing in at 225.8 on February 22nd. Today was 222.4 I'll take it! LOL When I posted here the first time I thought of what weight I'd love to be on 12/31 and I chose 199 knowing doing this slowly without starving I will not see an "ideal" weight. I have made it sort of a mantra "vision 199." It's definitely doable even at a slower pace. Good luck to us all!!
  • I hope everyone is having a good month/year!

L&L's Mom, you are doing awesome!

I'm still chugging along.
  • Hey everyone!
    March is almost over, 1/4 of the year is already over. I hope we are all working on our goals. I sure am! I am now 220...yay!! Offically 5.8 pounds since joining this thread. My goal for the year is 199, just to say 1 for once and not 2 will be amazing!
    KStrong Ten pounds to goal, wow! You are right, we have had similar paths I will see you make your goal (virtually) and know I can do it too!
  • Great job, L&L's Mom!
  • KStrong Thank you!! I am working on my "mini goal" of 50 pounds. Four pounds to the big 5-0! I have lost that much a couple of times over the years. Also, I have not learned to keep watching the calories and the weight always came back. If only we all learned the first time, huh? LOL
  • I heard that L&L's Mom. You are doing super awesome and if we both remember how we struggle maybe we'll keep it off this time!

I hope everyone is doing well!

• KStrong Yes! The old doing the same thing over and over and thinking this time it will be different! Uh...no! I would lose weight (when I was younger) very fast meaning keeping my calories too low. I would eventually feel I looked pretty good and then I could eat whatever I wanted and calories didn't count. The insanity is correct!! How is it going now? I think you are about where I want to be. My weight is basically the same. I may go up half a pound and then down back and forth. I am OK with it now. I do want the 50 pound loss but not at the expense of my metabolism! What has helped me is measuring my waist and hips. Seeing them both 5 inches smaller has helped tremendously...that and the smaller clothes.

I hope everyone else is hanging in there. Summer will be here before we know it. Lets get active and burn some calories!
  • I totally agree about measuring. I try to do everything once a month and my hips and waist weekly.
  • Hi everyone!

I officially reached 50 pounds down!!My goal for the end of the year is 199 so I am 14.8 pounds away. Just reaching the 1's as the first number in my weight is a huge deal. I know for sure it's been over 20 plus years!!

KStrong I never thought of measuring my thighs, etc...when I started. I literally just measured my waist and hips. Oh well!

I do know the size on my jeans has dropped so that helps no matter what. Going from a 24 to now 20 and even some stretchy 18's somewhat has been a great motivator as well.
  • Congrats!

You can always start measuring now so you can see those changes going forward. Clothing is a good backup if the clothing doesn't stretch or shrink over time.
  • Thanks so much KStrong! Great idea on start measuring elsewhere now. By the way, are we the only two on this post? LOL Where is everyone?
    After reaching 50 pounds, I stalled and went up a pound and a half. I teetered around that and now it's back to 50. I am grateful for that and will keep plugging away at it;.
  • We do seem to be the only one posting new stuff, but I think Vickie Lou is still around and updates sporadically. Shell hasn't been on the site since January? I hope she is okay???

• KStrong I'm still around. I'm doing okay, except for my weight loss. I have been struggling since November 2020 to get out of the 160's. I hope to get there soon. I post on my first post but haven't been commenting alot. I need to do a better job with my calorie counting. I still hope to reach my GW by the end of this Year. Good Luck, Everyone!
  • You and me both, Vickie Lou! The 160's must like us.