Who the Heck Knows? Maintainers Chat for 2021

You're on Page 1 of 16
Go to
  • Welcome to the new maintainers chat thread! There was certainly very little "foresight" about what 2020 brought! Glad that's behind us. There aren't many posting here, but new folks are certainly welcome to join in.

Whether you're at goal weight or still working on it, we're glad to see you posting.

We had a quiet evening at home, although we of course had to hear all the fireworks around us. I feel so sorry for the animals.
  • Love the title

Yes, we had fireworks and shooting of guns. I got some hiking in today. Things are all quiet tonight.
  • Happy New Year to all you guys.

The new title is the best.
  • Happy New Year Bill, JayEll, Alice, and anyone else who lurks and/or posts infrequently.

Love the thread title.

Dagmar :
  • Alice, shooting of guns? Ye gods. Do people think bullets just evaporate?

It's a big football day! My partner and I are fans. It has been a weird, screwy season, just like with everything else.

I have some good snacks lined up--snacks that hopefully won't increase my waistline too much.
  • We had the last of our holiday snax - gingerbread cookies covered with chocolate - with our tea today. House is clear of sweets and other treat foods!

Dagmar
  • I think shooting guns at midnight on New Year's is a hispanic tradition. I don't like it and neither do the dogs.
    Dagmar, I've never had chocolate-coated gingerbread, but it sure wounds good!

Happy New Year everyone! May this one be much better than the last!!!!
  • No resolutions this year. Doesn't seem to be much point.

I am going to wait to weigh myself and see how far I've strayed in December. I'll probably weigh in January 15 - makes sense to wait a couple of weeks and stay on plan as much as I can. And I find weighing on a Friday is a much more accurate reflection of what I weigh. Waiting until a Monday pretty much guarantees I'll be up a bit from weekend indulgence.

Dagmar :
  • Welcome to crazy town. Events in Washington DC make me angry and sad.

We're planning a taco salad dinner soon. This meal is easy to make and not loaded with calories (unless you get carried away with sour cream and cheddar cheese). We like romaine lettuce as the salad part. Campari tomatoes cut into wedges are perfect.
  • I love taco salad! I make it a couple of times a week. In addition to romaine and tomatoes, I add a few pinto beans, a little ground beef, and half an avocado.

Dagmar, hope the scale is not too unkind when you finally weigh. I've been avoiding mine
  • We have another big lockdown coming, to add to our already locked down status. I wish they would start concentrating on being proactive, rather than reactive, and getting the initial dose of vaccine into the arms of as many people in the "hot" areas as possible. Want to reduce transmission? Reduce the number of people that can transmit, as well as using the other safety protocols.

I know a lot of frustrated people right now who, like myself, are starting to really lose ground economically.

At least I'm not eating to relieve stress as much as I was. Hoping that won't change as the provincial government continues to play political silly buggers rather than doing anything concrete to stall the second pandemic wave. Not much else to do but eat. SIGH.

Dagmar
  • They are saying here that we'll still have to wear masks, social-distance, wash hands, etc. even after we get the vaccine--for quite a while. I don't know how many people realize that.

I hope your government gets its act together, Dagmar. We are going to have a rough several days down here.
  • Quote: They are saying here that we'll still have to wear masks, social-distance, wash hands, etc. even after we get the vaccine--for quite a while. I don't know how many people realize that.

I hope your government gets its act together, Dagmar. We are going to have a rough several days down here.
    I hope your President's inauguration goes smoothly with no interruptions by idiots.

We have 2 levels of government - federal and provincial - which are NOT working together on the vaccination roll out. Health care is generally left to the provincial governments to administer but our premier here in Ontario is an incompetent populist who got elected who knows how. He also has a major chip on his shoulder about Toronto - long story . So far only 860 people in out entire province have received both shots. The head of the rollout is blaming the federal government, who is co-ordinating the vaccine supply. The federal government is blaming the individual provinces for not working together.

And the COVID case numbers are rising rapidly. People will die while the admin is being sorted out. It's not like they didn't have any advance warning that the vaccines were coming . . . SIGH.

Dagmar
  • That's not too unlike what's happening here, Dagmar. The rollout is left to the states. Our county had 3,000 vaccine doses arrive, and all appointments have now been filled. The population of our county is just under a million. Of course, the first doses are to go to those at greatest risk. I'm holding off even though I am age-qualified. There are people who need the vaccine more than I do--I don't have a "front line" job, and I'm healthy. And, I follow the guidelines religiously!

I ate way too much yesterday while watching football. But, today is a new day.

• Did my first weights workout since before Christmas. Messed up my back on Christmas Day - no idea how - and have been waiting until things felt healed enough to resume the weights. Boy that felt good!

Dagmar