January 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 8 of 21
Go to
  • Hi Everyone!

Today was incredibly busy. The children today really touched my heart. At the end of our study we take prayer requests. I mentioned that my Husband is having surgery on Thursday and I would like prayers for him. We also will ask if one of the children would like to make our closing prayer or if they would like one of us to do it. One little girl raised her hand to do our closing prayer. She said a full prayer for my Husband and called him by name. It was so sweet and touched my heart. Then it was time for my appointment for the freezing of the precancerous area on my ear. While I was there I brought up about the wait and see area on my nose. I decided that I might as well address it since I was already getting stuff done. The Dr. agreed so she did a biopsy on my nose. After all of that I went to my ladies meeting. Never made it back home until after the meeting. That made for a long, busy day. No time for a workout either.

Total Approx 1430 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (270 Calories)
    1 Siggi's yogurts 110 calories
    Fage 0 yogurt 90
    Fruit 70 calories

Dinner (760 Calories)
    chickfila sandwich 440 calories
    small waffle fry 320 calories
    unsweet tea

Exercise:
    nothing

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Good morning
    Diana, so very precious about the little girl praying to her Lord. Touches my soul.

Where is everyone?? I'm really missing the others' posts. I had a very indulgent day yesterday. I took in 2880 calories. Wow. A brand new day is ahead.

Today's Plan: 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp., recumbent bike.
  • Good morning! Great day yesterday shopping! Got heartbreaking news last night.. my uncle called. He’s dying. His kidneys and liver are shutting down.💔😭🙏
  • Hello gang! Been busy with work and the daily grind which has been stressful with the new reorg. I wish I could have taken the voluntary separation.

Ciecie - so sorry to hear about your loss. my thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.

Diana - I hope all goes well for you and your husband.I am praying for you too.

weight wise I have been around 192 to 195. Weird fluctuations. I am doing more cardio than strength training as my back and knees are acting up a little.

Diana - personally, I will never go to Olive Garden period since I am an Italian food snob and find that food preprocessed and fast.

My daughter went back to college last night and motivated to make the deans list this semester, which is awesome.
  • Good morning again! Will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.😁❤️🍾
  • January 2021
    Good Morning!

Diana: I hope your surgery went well and they got it all. I wonder how they decide if something is CA or not... Hope they did not leave a big scar on your nose. Hope everything goes okay with your husband.

CieCie: So sorry about your uncle. I wish the doctors could reverse the organ damage. I am glad that you were able to talk to him.

Rachel: EVOO is extra virgin olive oil. It is said that it is better if you get cold pressed which may be a little more expensive. and get a reputable brand. I have heard that high polyphenol EVOO is even better. Polyphenols alleged can reduce inflammation? I don't know much about this...I never know what is baloney...

Usc: I am sorry that your job is so stressful. I am sure there are a number of us here who can empathize with your situation. When I had stress, I wish I had a friend...

I took the "high road" yesterday and walked 40 minutes again. I looked up the song Bonnie, Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomond. It was a love song about a soldier's love for his Scottish king and choosing the low road (execution) rather than giving up allegiance to his king and face imprisonment (the high road) in England. It is a little different than how we use high road or low road in normal conversation...
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

This morning I worked on getting DH's preregistration done for his surgery tomorrow.

USC I'm sorry to hear about the continued stress. Hopefully in time things will calm down.

Ciecie I'm so sorry about your Uncle.

Teri Great job with the walking.

Rachel Yes, it's a new day. It always amazes me how quickly calories add up.

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 5,590
    This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1430 +
    Weigh In: 196.2
    Down: .8

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 13

Proverbs 21:21
    He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honour.

Long-distance runners train themselves to think of the finish line. They visualize it just ahead. They say this keeps them from wanting to give up somewhere along the way. The reward of crossing the finish line is worth more than any pain or discomfort on the way. Dieters can learn from this. Instead of dwelling on how hungry we are, or how much we long for rich foods, we should continually think in terms of the rewards that await us at the end. Christians follow Christ with hope of a heavenly reward. Faith means we await something yet to come. Dieting means we live in the hope of trimming down and looking fit.

Today's thought: The reward of our diet is greater than the sacrifice!
  • Good morning again! Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.😁❤️🍾
  • Well my pacemaker refuses to give up. Way back in September my pacemaker test said less than a month for battery life left. I had it tested every month since and yesterday January 12th 2021 every reading says less than a month battery life left. Medicare won't pay for a replacement until the pacemaker says now is the time. So I have another appointment for February 9th,

• LarryH, will be praying for you. Will your be watching The Bills play on Saturday?
  • Quote: LarryH, will be praying for you. Will your be watching The Bills play on Saturday?
    Thank you for the prayers. I am aware of how well the Bills are doing but I stopped watching NFL and AFL when plyers started kneeling during the national emblem
  • 11 Best Ways to Lose Weight without Diet or Exercise
  • Good evening! Power walked and ran errands this morning. Will fix supper in a few minutes.🍾😁❤️
  • Hello to all my lovely chicks and roosters....had to throw that one in

Well I have been doing much better, WI still not much of a change physically still about the same. Mentally I am so much more relaxed right now.
    I did officially stop ww and it will end Feb 10th, so I am going through downloading recipes I think I might try in the future.
    I am logging my foods on my fitness pal (user lmlmrn if you need to find me).
    I also found a group that is supportive for Less Alcohol or Alcohol Free. I have struggled with this for so many years and this group I feel are in the same boat. I am proud to say I have been AF (alcohol free) for 9 out of 13 days this month. This is pretty big deal for me.
    ciecie I am sorry for you loss
    Terri nice job on the walks and exercise. you don't seem to be eating as much sugary stuff?
    Rachel, You seem to be holding your own which is so awesome. How are mom and dad?
    Diana, you too have been busy. I hope the biopsy on your nose shows no CA cells and I prayed for your DH for surgery tomorrow
    USC, well you almost have all the decorations down. HEHE another reason I hardly put any up
    Larry, I would find that scary when every month the battery says one month left...sheesh

I will pop back in later this week Think of you all often
  • Hi gang - made it through the day and did my steps and cardio. Worked out too hard and feel hungry but I am fine.
    Larry - I wish you all the best, and Buffalo is a very underrated food city! I would love some wings and a beef on week!