January 2021 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 4 of 21
Go to
  • Hi Everyone!

I went to the ENT today about the sores in my nose. One side (right side) has completely healed up. Left side is still there but not as bad. The Dr. said I have a polyp. I discussed with him how all of this came about when we were cleaning out the shop. His thoughts are that it might have started as an allergic reaction to all the dust and dirt. I had this look when he mentioned polyp. I asked if he thought it was anything bad he said he thinks it's benign. Nothing looks suspicious. So the treatment plan is flonase and prednisone. I will go back in 2 weeks. I felt a lot of relief after the appointment.

Total Approx 1420 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (270 Calories)
    1 Siggi's yogurts 110 calories
    Fage 0 yogurt 90
    Fruit 70 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
    collard greens 150 calories
    grilled pork chop 300 calories
    mashed sweet potato 200 calories
    pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
    Jessica Smith Cardio Core Walk Yesterday's steps: 6019

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Diana, so happy your doctor’s appointment went well. My upstairs toilet was removed today. So was the bathtub and shower. The ceiling in the bathroom will come down tomorrow. 😀🍾🎅🏻❤️😁🤶🌲😷
  • Good morning
    Ciecie, wow, demolition is right re: your bathroom! Why are they doing that? Just a major remodeling?

Diana, grateful to hear about your nose report. Great news!

Yangtzer Gangster, so fun to see you! Please stay with us!! Hope all is well.

USC4valpo, way to go on your workout yesterday. Awesome!

My kitty's vet appt. went as well as can be expected. His teeth are very bad and he will go under anesthesia this morning to clean up his mouth which will include extractions. Poor baby. But he should feel and do much better after that is all healed. Otherwise he seems to be healthy! So hard when one has a feral cat; hard to tell when something is wrong with them. They hide it well. I was very busy with going to the city and dealing with him so did not get in any exercise at all. Took in 1400 calories.

Today's Plan: 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, cal/vit/min supp., recumbent bike, sit-ups, stertches.

• Good Morning, Everyone!

I am on prednisone for 10 days. Any recommendations/suggestions? I had problems in the past with taking it, water weight gain, insomnia, acid reflux, bad attitude. The Dr's office recommendations were to take in the AM w/food, drink plenty of water. I swapped around my "lunch" and "breakfast". I had one yogurt with fruit before I took the prednisone this morning. I also have to go for my thyroid labs this morning.

Where is Nancy?

Ciecie Are you making any changes or is it just replacements? It's hard getting people to do good work these days. We need to have a bathroom remodel, too.

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 8549
    This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1420 +
    Weigh In: 195.2
    Down: .2

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

I love today's devotion!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 5

1 John 1:9
    If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Once we decide for ourselves that being overweight is wrong, then it is vital that we put ourselves in God's hands. Though being overweight is not a sin, few people would say it is good. We should avoid everything that is not good. God will help us whenever we turn from things that are bad. Prayer is an important part of our attempts to lose weight. We can trust God to bless all our efforts to do what we feel is right. There is no reason to feel guilty for being overweight, for God forgives us our weakness and offers His own strength as our own. We can start our diets with a clear conscience and an assurance that God is with us every step of the way.

Today's thought: We have nothing to feel guilty about!
  • Good morning! Had breakfast. Will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes. Ceiling in the upstairs bathroom is coming down as I type! 😀🍾🌲❤️😷🎅🏻🤶
  • Still here
    Lol, the two main titles saved in my phone for this site are im still here and im back.

Ciecie, hope ceiling coming down will be immediately replaced

Diana, thank you for being faithful

Rachel, I hope kitty will be speedily and painlessly back to health

Hi again yangzter. And usc

Yikes,, Larry be careful!

I will jump in...and continue convos from here forward.

So still in the 190s. Was 190.4 two days ago when started TOM. CURRENTLY experiencing delayed bm though...

enjoyed Christmas and thankful but ex had to torture me with another woman being at his house when I picked up kids. Could have been avoided. I asked him not to. Since he doesn't respect my feelings EVER, im keeping my distance.

New Years is still kind of crazy so im trying to keep myself from emotional eating especially chocolate.. on days i mess up CAD i just do 16:8 which is why I haven't gained all my weight back.

I have been very slack on exercise..

Been very stressed.. direct exposure to covid but im testing negative,, thank You Lord. Also kids testing negative. Allergies trying to start for Splinter Season though (SC SPRING+WINTER). Honestly since having Legionairres, im not afraid of sickness for myself. I did leave my body, but the Lord made me go back, so yeah sickness sucks but im not afraid of death. If you don't know, Legion Aires is a bacterial pneumonia that spreads very quickly and can really kill you fast. If I didn't have fluid in my ear, I wouldn't have been put on an antibiotic quickly to slow the spread, but my fever was already 104 before I realized I was dealing with a bacterial infection from the Hotel pool/spa, being a nurse, I knew a rapid onset of 104 fever plus my exposure to that environment combined with my symptoms was bacterial not viral..as it was 4 days before a chest xray found my lungs were eaten up with pneumonia.. I was switched to more effective antibiotic but when I went for chest xray i had no fever.. was 86% on room air but refused to go to hospital. It was a looong recovery. I tried to notify DHEC in NC but they had already shut everything down before DHEC could go test them. I didnt want anyone else getting sick. Boys were fine thank God. Its not contagious either. Only from environment that was the year Stacey Abram's lost the gubernatorial race and I actually saw Heaven booing her when I left my body...before she lost.

Back has been a real pain especially with sciatica during TOM but I put on some worship and did some lyrical dancing. This is my favorite form of exercise and I did a few strength moves too.

Anyways, love you guys, hope everyone is doing well new and old.
  • Jendiet, the ceiling will be replaced as soon as possible. The weather has been 100% cooperative.
  • That is so good ciecie, I dont want it to rain in your house!
  • Good evening! Had supper a few minutes ago. Will get a box of Kleenex for when I cry during Jeopardy tonight.😭💔😭💔😭💔
  • Good afternoon and evening to all the chicks here. I know I have been MIA over the holidays. Something about when you DH is home all day with you you just plan get so busy!

I have caught up on the thread but hope to make comments soon...other than oh boy Diana so happy it is nothing serious and ciecie, I know you were remolding but the ceiling too? LOL

Any way up several pounds since the first of December (about 10lb) I know yikes right? Too much food, adult beverages and no real workouts. Did take several long walks with DH weather permitting but not so much this last week.

The last two mornings I have gotten up early (5:30-6:00ish) and worked out. I am doing a lot of painting and soon I will have to concentrate on looking for a job but honestly we are in a position that I don't have to work but feel I should before we really retire in 4 years.

more thoughts later
  • Good night all! Had supper. Watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Have two boxes of Kleenex on the end table for crying during Jeopardy. 😭💔😭💔😭💔
  • Hi Everyone!

Good to see everyone back.

Nancy Good to see you check-in.

Total Approx 1580 calories +

Breakfast ( 180 calories & )
    1 Siggi's yogurts 110 calories
    Fruit 70 calories
    coffee w/cream & monk fruit

(Lunch 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories

Snack (200 calories)
    Individual package cashew nuts 200 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
    collard greens 100 calories
    grilled pork chop 300 calories
    sweet potato w/pumpkin pie spices 300 calories
    skinny cow ice cream sandwich 100 calories

Exercise:
    30 minute outdoor walk,12 MIN Posture Workout | Essentrics, Aging Backwards No.5 Relieve Your Pain | Essentrics

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Good night again! Will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.🎅🏻🤶❤️😁🌲🍾
  • Good morning
    Jen, Yay to see you !! Thanks for update on all. WHEN did you experience this Legionnaires? Was this just recent?? Wow!

Nancy, . Kudos on your workouts so early in the morn! You go, girl

My kitty came out of surgery well. Six teeth pulled. Will stay at vet's til Friday for pain control meds, etc. I'm so grateful something could be done for him. Met my goals for yesterday. Took in 1100 calories and met exercise goals. Weighed in this morning at 137.5.

Today's goals: 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, vit/min/cal supp., recumbent bike, sit-ups, stretching, and maybe leg press for weights.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

I have been awake since 3:30. I suppose it's insomnia from the prednisone.

Jen Welcome back! It's good to see you.

Rachel Great news about your kitty.

Last night: Basic stretches, yesterday's step total 10,003
    This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1580 +
    Weigh In: 195
    Down: .2

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 6

Hebrews 9:22
    And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

If we learn anything at all from being a Christian, we learn that good things do not come without sacrifice. Jesus had to give everything He had in order to reunite us with God. If we decide to be the best we can be, then we need to accept the fact that there is some sacrifice required. When we learn to sacrifice, we learn what it means to be a Christian. Sacrifice is a good discipline. Sacrifice teaches us what is really important, and it helps us be thankful for what we have. When we stop to think of how great Christ's sacrifice was for us, it inspires us in our diets to become better people: people worth dying for!

Today's thought: Dieting can draw me closer to being a disciple!