The Splendor of December: December 2020 Check-in & Accountability Thread

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I hope everyone is doing well and is staying safe. And I hope you are enjoying a great Holiday season so far.

I have been eating well...if you don’t count all the food gifts David and I received. A square of this here, a piece of chocolate there, a slice of goodness on top of that. That is life. I worked out 4 days in a row last week and then nothing. I’ll be working from home today and then have 5 days off, so if I don’t get back to it now, I don’t know what it will take. I’m just being lazy and finding excuses, but 4 days last week is good, and I can do the same this week.

Our government is closing all non essential stores from December 25th to January 11th. But employees can still go inside to work, so our company is keeping its employee schedules as is, and stores will receive shipments, mark down merchandise ,do the annual deep clean of the stores and prep and complete their yearly inventory. If someone does not want to work, no problem, but no pay. The government allows this because strong protocols are in place to keep employees safe.

I know our government is not allowing people to visit each other during the Holidays, except for single people who can join 1 family “bubble”, but I think a lot of people will celebrate anyway and I fear for a spike in cases afterwards. I hope that won’t be the case, as our health system is fragile at the moment.

Time to relax a bit and see if I may fall back asleep in an hour or so, after waking up at 3am. Sleep maintenance insomnia strikes again.

Enjoy Wednesday-before-Christmas!

1: 2.4km walk
    2:
    3: 2.3km walk
    4: 2.4km walk
    5:
    6: 2.6km walk
    7:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13: 30 minutes pilates and low-impact cardio workout
    14: 35 minutes total body strength training
    15: 36 minutes abs workout
    16: 30 minutes flexibility workout
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
  • Joyeux Noël!

It is so warm outside that I could’ve gone out in a t-shirt when I went for a walk this morning and we have all windows open in the apartment. That is not normal weather where we are for this time of year, to say the least.

Hope everyone is in good spirits on this Christmas day. Wishing all of you the best in this current state of the world.

and remember, it’s ok to eat all the things today, or tomorrow, or yesterday. Holidays are a part of life and you get to celebrate however you want. And then tomorrow you get back to your plan

Sending everyone warm thoughts!

• Hope everyone has been enjoying a good, easy Saturday-after-Christmas

We have been couch potatoes for most of the day, but I did complete my physio exercises, I went for a 2.4km walk before lunch wearing my boots and crampons (my first time walking with those on for a long time, felt clunky and not exactly comfortable, but manageable), and I just completed an upper body strength training workout. I am still sore from yesterday's HIIT and lower body strength training workout, even though I couldn't hang on to weights for most of the exercises, as I felt incredibly "heavy" and constantly out of breath after the HIIT portion. Today's workout was much better.

Still eating all the Holiday foods that we have received. I am chosing to eat healthy, normal meals, but if snacking comes, it comes.

25: 2.4km walk + 46 minutes HIIT and lower body strength training
    26: 2.4km walk + 38 minutes upper body strength training
  • Hi everyone!
    Officially I am at my December goal of 30 pounds and am even less than that this morning, but didn't change my stats yet. I did eat what I wanted on Christmas and the 26th with all the leftovers, but yesterday I did try to get back more into eating less again. I am officially back on my plan of trying to stay around 1600 calories a day (the amount of calories needed to maintain 160 pounds) and will get in a walk hopefully today too. I guess if tomorrow I am still weighing 234 or less I will change it "officially" on 3FC! It's funny that even though I allowed myself to eat what I wanted I didn't go too crazy. I had great leftovers for all three meals and even some treats but didn't just eat non stop.
    Martine Your dog is so cute! Congrats on getting all the exercise in! I was like you with eating. I did allow myself some candy that people gave us, but again, I didn't go too crazy with it and even gave some of the treats we got to my son. He is grown and has his own home and he is thin. He was thrilled to take some of sweets! I knew if it was here I would eventually eat it!!
    curvynotlumpy "Except when exiting the womb" LOL I was even 9 lbs 9 ounces at birth so I can't even say that! Yes pretty much I have always been a little overweight. Basically I was a little overweight as a kid and a size large as a teenager even though I am tall, I was heavier than the other girls. I have lost weight several times and then of course almost as fast as I would lose it the weight came back since I never really learned to keep doing what I did to lose it to maintain. With your study, it's interesting I woudn't think smaller sized people would have to deal with issues like that either.
    William 315 is great! Keep plugging along!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to all. I plan to report back with whatever the scale says by the 31st for the December goal.

• Martine: Is that Loki? What a beautiful pup! I don't think I have ever seen a picture of him. Those eyes! I've been mostly a couch potato for the duration of this two week break so I know where you're coming from. I am following your "snacking will happen" eating advice to the letter.

loganandlivsmom: Congratulations on meeting your December goal. Here's to an equally successful 2021!
    Happy post-Christmas, pre- New Year's time! I had a lovely and low key Christmas Day. It certainly was a very different type of Christmas Day and holiday season this year for us all. While I've been mostly a couch potato, I have gotten out every day to walk first thing in the morning. I've also been doing some cooking, watching way too much television, and doing odds and ends around my place. It's not too different from my regular weekends, but I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have to get up at my regular time in the morning or pack my lunch. I really have enjoyed my time off from the busyness of work and I as I head into week two of vacation, I hope I can remain in the moment while it lasts.

Wishing everyone a beautiful start to their week as we wrap up 2020.
  • loganandlivsmom great job on reaching your goal this month, all while enjoying the Holidays!

curvynotlumpy yes that is our little Loki. I finally figured out how to post his
    picture on this board 🙂 I’m glad that you have been enjoying your time off from work and relaxing to the fullest. And good job on getting in those daily walks. What have you been watching on tv, anything good? We are currently watching The Mandalorian, Queen’s Gambit and I’m watching On Pointe, Disney documentary chronicling a season at the School of American Ballet.

Had to take a rest day yesterday, with my hips acting up a bit. But I will stick with my physio routine at home and hopefully the flare ups will become less frequent and less painful over time. I did go for a walk this morning and completed a cardio workout just now. Onto a relaxing evening, then 2 days of work followed by 4 days off to ring in the New Year.

Have a wonderful last few days of 2020 everyone!

25: 2.4km walk + 46 minutes HIIT and lower body strength training
    26: 2.4km walk + 38 minutes upper body strength training
    27:
    28: 2.4km walk + 32 minutes cardio workout

• Happy almost end of 2020 everyone!!
    It seems the 30 pounds off is real! Officially now 31! Yay! My husband is still very into losing weight and watching his calories and in fact has lost more than I have in less time! Thanks everyone for the virtual support group the past few months, I appreciate it!

curvynotlumpy and Martine Thank you for the congrats!! I think I have learned to make a small goal each month...even a few pounds and keeping it off is great. When I was younger I would lose weight very fast and of course each time it would be back almost just as fast.

Happy New Year to us all!

• loganandlivsmom: I'm thrilled that the numbers weren't jerking you around! One of the best parts about losing pounds is how a person maneuvers in the world. There is just something about having to move less weight around during exercise and in every day activities. Kudos to your husband as well. Men generally do lose more weight quicker, and they can thank the fact that they carry more muscle. Regardless, it's all about the work you're putting into it and you both should feel proud and accomplished.

Martine: I've actually been indulging in a lot of college football and other things I've missed over the months. CNN did an interesting series on the British Royal Family that I watched. Really, I've been watching a hodge-podge of things including Christmas movies.

Not much happening in my world. I went to the grocery store this morning since I'm making chicken enchiladas tomorrow for dinner. The condo next door to me is being remodeled and the owner asked if I wanted to see what they'd done. He and his wife are going to use it as a rental property. It was beautiful! Kind of the place of my dreams as renter. Over the last few months I've had several friendly conversations with him and his wife and they are lovely people. He said to me, "Curvy, we'd love to have you move in if works with your budget." Of course it won't because it will be an expensive rental due to the top notch renovation. Still, someone is going to enjoy living there and be very happy. I hope they appreciate it!

Wishing everyone a lovely evening.
  • One last post in 2020 to wish everyone all the very best for the New Year, especially to remain strong and healthy of mind and body.
  • Awesome
    This is very cool very inspirational

• Happy New Year's Eve! I hope everyone is staying safe and enjoying their last day of 2020. Please join me over on the January 2021 thread which can be found here.