December Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • We have lots of opportunities in December to practice making healthier plans and choices -- let's work through them together!

Join the December Weight Loss Challenge to set your goal, track it, and meet it -- with the help of a supportive and encouraging group. All the goals will be compiled into a list. As each goal is met during the month, it gets turned RED in celebration.

This thread is for weight loss goals. For your exercise goals, check out our sister thread: December Exercise Challenge
  • SW 121
    CW 121
    TW 118

Alright, an important month for me - hoping that December will take me to my final-final target, and then it's just the hard(er) bit of maintaining in 2021!
  • Thanks for starting this thread, GardenerJoy! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 166.6
    CW: 166.6
    GW: 159.6

• SW 121
    CW 120
    TW 118

1/3 of the way there
  • December goal: Maintain below 86.5 kgs

5: 85.9 kg
  • My goal for this month is to maintain at 194. I've been fluctuating up and down for a couple weeks now and would like to be at 194 on 12/31.
  • Welcome, everyone!

ange82much: -3 lbs
    gardenerjoy: maintain below 86.5 kgs
    GettinFit: maintain at 194
    VickieLou: -7 lbs
  • SW 121
    CW 119
    TW 118

2/3's of the way there
    One more 1lb to go and i'm at maintenance. Yippee!!
  • Cheering you on, ange82much!
  • Ange82Much You are so close to maintenance! Good Luck, Everyone!

SW: 166.6
    CW: 165.8 (- .8)
    GW: 159.6

• thanks vickie and joy! I"m pretty excited too! I'm also really pleased that i've been able to knuckle down and stick to it.

I know i'll go up and down again in future, but i really feel to have found something that works for the down bit, that i can tap in to in future as i've done it a few times in the last few years (it's only taken 52 years to get the hang of what works for me!)

i was actually at target this morning, but i want to see it a couple more times before i claim it properly
  • SW 121
    CW 118
    TW 118

Ok, job done

I've been at target weight for around 6 days now so i'm calling that it! I'm where i want to be
    I lost 7.5% of my weight in the last 8 weeks with being pretty strict - no sweet stuff/refined carbs and pretty low calories etc - and am feeling fantastic - just a million times better. It's really amazing how my life minute-to-minute is so much better when i feel to be eating right.

So i need to watch calories for the rest of the month to make sure i don't go up again - i will check in again then!
    And next year will be strength-focused...
  • Yay, ange82much! That's so exciting that you're at your target weight! It's wonderful that you're feeling fantastic and really notice a difference. I love that you have a plan for health in 2021, too!

ange82much: -3 lbs
    gardenerjoy: maintain below 86.5 kgs
    GettinFit: maintain at 194
    VickieLou: -7 lbs
  • I'm declaring my effort "good enough." I see some room for improvement, now that I've decided what is and is not worth the calories to me this festive month. So, I'm going to aim to do a little better in the next couple of weeks.

December goal: Maintain below 86.5 kgs

15: 86.35
  • December goal: Maintain below 86.5 kgs

15: 86.35
    29: 86.3

Tags

weight lose 10 to 15 day, weight loss