Weightloss Healthy Recipies

• Healthy Birthday Cake (Fruit-Sweetened!)

This healthy cake is moist and fluffy, naturally sweetened with dates. It's gluten-free, grain-free, , dairy-free, and so delicious!
    PREP TIME 10 minutes
    COOK TIME 25 minutes
    TOTAL TIME 35 minutes
    SERVINGS 12

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup Medjool dates , pitted (8 ounces)
    • 1/2 cup water
    • 3 eggs
    • 1 cup almond butter(or nut butter of choice)
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt

INSTRUCTIONS

• Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease two 8-inch round pans with coconut oil. (I like to line them with parchment paper, too, to guarantee easy removal later.)
    • In a blender or food processor, combine the dates and water and blend until smooth. (If using the food processor, I like to start with only 1/4 cup of the water because it can splash so much. Add the rest of the water after the dates have broken down more.)
    • Add in the eggs, almond butter, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and blend again until a smooth batter is formed.
    • Pour the batter into the two prepared pans, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake until lightly golden, about 25 minutes.
    • Cool completely before removing the cake from the pan, then frost with your favorite frosting and serve. This cake can be served and stored at room temperature for at least 2 days, but for best shelf life I recommend storing it in the fridge, tightly covered, for up to a week.