Steel Magnolias #65

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Good Morning! It is supposed to be another nice day in my corner of the world. The sun is peeking out but it is very windy. Last night was also very windy for the football game. It wasn't that cold but I wore my winter coat and glad I did. Ian's team won so their season is undefeated going into the finale next week. It will be inside so we won't have to worry about the weather. Yay! My plans for today are to do some laundry, vacuum, and make a "to do" list for next week. I've got Ian's birthday list to work on for starters. I need to fix something good for dinner, thinking maybe a casserole so there will be leftovers.

Ceejay, I’m so sorry about your nephew’s COVID test being positive. I hope the rest of his family tests negative. A gal in Bob’s office is quarantined at home with a four year old and two year old twins because her husband tested positive. He is a teacher in a nearby town. She is an “on the go” kind of gal so is really challenged being home full time. I do think my shoe inserts are helping the pain. They aren’t visible in the store and the clerk went to the back room to get them. The doctor said either the local shoe store or a pharmacy would have them.

I hear Bob in the shower so will make coffee to get the day going. Hope you have a super Saturday and do something you enjoy!
  • Nephew's pregnant wife also has covid but the year and a half year old is negative. I do feel for them. I told sis last night that I want this stuff to go away
    Church this morning was online.
    It's been a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
    I made chili this weekend but I'm about to get tired of it. Need to fix something else.
    Going to take some things to Goodwill tomorrow
    gma
    You mentioned not to long ago about smothered chicken. It has been a very long time since I've had that. Could you post a recipe for me? My grandmother made the best smothered chicken.
  • Good evening. Sorry for being absent, but Jack is having multiple swelling issues with his tongue and it’s consuming my thoughts. All his allergy tests have been negative and his blood test came back normal so we are fit to be tied what it could be. Last night he started tongue swelling about 6 pm and it just got worse and worse. The poor man was dribbling from not being able to swallow very well, but his throat wasn’t swollen. He couldn’t do an epi shot because he had taken oral antihistamine and he kept vacillating about what he should do. He was so miserable and nothing helped. We put ice packs on his jaw area hoping it’d help but it did nothing. I put the tv on to try and relax him and we watched a ton of, “Delicious Destinations” episodes and finally around 1 AM he said the swelling was going down. The aftereffects are a very sore tongue, which is still sore tonight, but at least he ate dinner. I told him he needs to go back to the allergist and get them to figure out what to do next.

CeeJay: I’ll say a prayer for them all to get better quickly. Hope they can get the daughter away while they’re all sick since she is negative. My nephew got covid and was horribly sick for a month. I heard today getting a flu shot can help to lessen symptoms if you get it. I’ll do the best I can, but I’m a throw together cook.

Smothered chicken

4-8 dark meat chicken pieces
    1/4 c oil
    4 tbl butter
    3 c chicken stock
    3/4 c flour
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

heat oil and butter in deep skillet
    salt and pepper chicken then dredge in flour tapping off excess. brown chicken, remove and set aside
    drain all but 1/4 c of oil/butter mixture
    sprinkle about 4 tbl flour combined with garlic powder into oil mixture and stir to make a roux. cook it about 2 minutes but don’t let it burn. Pour your chicken stock in and cook on high to med high until gravy consistency. Place browned chicken in gravy, turn temp to low, place lid on and simmer for about 35-40 minutes turning every 10 minutes. Test by sticking a fork in chicken. If it’s done, fork will easily go to the bone.

Jean: I looked at your temps tonight. We were in the 70’s today. I had to turn ac on yesterday. I figure out what I can do. The back with be more stripes than front, but I can cast on 3 colors, left, center, right in gray, white, and pink so they’ll be fat stripes but will be horizontal like the back. I saved a video of casting on for intarsia knitting that is better than any I’ve learned so will use that. I’ll do a photo when I get it finished, but I’ve been a nervous wreck about Jack and can’t keep my mind on anything.

Time to go to bed!
  • Gma
    Thanks for posting the smothered chicken recipe. Poor Jack. He most definitely needs to go back to the allergy doctor.. I've had my flu shot.

-----
    Time has gotten away from me. I had just lay down to stretch out for a few minutes and my phone rang. It was nephew asking if I could make a grocery run for them. I did. He acted like his normal self but we both wore our mask. He got the groceries out of my vehicle and went on my way. When I was talking to him on the phone I could hear his wife in the background. She sounded horribl and of course being 8 1/2 months pregnant doesn't help.
    I need to go back to Ash Grove today to get packages delivered. Sis is Christmas shopping
    Went to Ash Grove yesterday to get mail and a few other things. But those packages had not been delivered.
    Going to put some pork chops in the crock pot for dinner tonight.

Hi Jean

• I absolutely love this content. You girls are cheering me up every day after a hard day!
  • Majaar,come and join us in #66! We are glad you are full of cheer.

Tags

weight lose 10 to 15 day, weight lose fast