The Daily Cluck - Monday, Sept. 15

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Up and at it, Chickies!

I know you are all awake and have just not popped in to post.
    I'm up earlier than ever to get some "me" time before my day gets cranked up but have not been logging in early.

Anyhow the coffee is served on the deck. It's a summer morning out there but there are patches of yellow and red on the maples so it won't be long before we'll have to move the coffee back into the kitchen.

Have a super Monday.
  • mornin' ruth
    mornin'. all is well here other than killer cramps. i'm not gonna get on the scales for several more days--til TOM leaves. i hope the weekend went well with you, ruth. i'd better get off soon. just taking a small break from the boxes. have a great day!
  • Good morning,
    I have been to the gym and the market this am. I am waiting for a man to come and replace the window that DH shattered with a stone from the weed wacker. (sigh)

It is a beautiful day here and a good week on WW. I did have chineese this weekend and I think it is going to take a few days to get rid of the sodium.

So drink up and have a good day.
    -L
  • M-m-m-m-m, good coffee! I weighed this morning and lost 2 lbs. I wasn't off program yesterday, but I did make poor choices with the 10 carbs I ate. Oh well, new day-new way.
    Have a great day everyone.

Karla
  • what a wonderful spot to enjoy my morning coffee Ruth, thanks

Well, yesterday was my free day, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Had hotdogs, chicken wings, chocolate and potato chips am I paying for it today?? very very much, puffy eyes, and a headache!! So I am ready to get back to it today. Starting week 2! Ive had to go out 2x last week to purchase heavier weights. The ones I had just werent doing what they were suppose to (according to the book)

Hubby and I have a busy day today, lots of running around, so Im off to get busy.

Have a great day ladies and gent

Robin
  • Coffee would be lovely, and so would a little extra sleep. My boss (my favorite one, that is) broke the news that she is resigning (sp?) and I don't know what that will mean as far as my work load. She wants me to take on more, and I don't think I can. What to do, what to do???? Other than that, typical Monday stuff, and waking up alone this morning felt weird. I guess eventually I will get used to it? Hope you all have a great day, I'm off to fix an early lunch!
  • Backatcha
  • Well, made it to the gym this morning (even did my upper body weights) and now I'm back digging through my desk. I need to get groceries as we are running low on basic stuff and they're already hyping the hurricane for the weekend even though it will almost certainly come nowhere near us...

Have a good one all...
  • Good morniong everyone!

I am just taking a few minutes before I run to the gym to say hi!

I had a pretty good weekend. Didn't lose anymore weight this week but that is OK, to see the scale drop to 189.5 is a great thing! I havent seen the 80's for over a year now!

I am really proud of myself though. My aunt and uncle are in town and I was at my cousin's house last night. I stayed OP even though my aunt really really upset me. SHe had me in the bathroom crying. normally I would have just binged and paid the next day, but I pulled myself together and ate only what I should! Chicken and zucchini that I cooked myself! I drank an extra cup of coffee instead of eating desert but it didnt put me over in carbs at all.. in fact I still ended up at only about 10 carbs for the day.

Anyway, I am going to eat a couple of quick eggs then off to the gym!

Talk to you all later!
  • Good Monday morning to everyone - new week, where did the last one go? Glad to hear everyone is doing well. TOM has struck here too, but I managed losing 5 pounds last week - which is really good considering I normally gain 4 pounds for the week during TOM - so maybe next week will be better. Took measurements this morning and I was down in several areas.

Spent the afternoon Saturday painting at a friends and helping on a huge roofing project Sunday Was on the roof from about 9:00 am to 5:30 when the job was completed. There were between 25-30 on the roof at a time. Friends brought in LOTS of food - mostly junk. I took a package of almonds so I knew I'd at least have something to snack on. Lunch was hamburgers/hot dogs on the grill - had a hamburger NO bun. ALso had a big salad and some veggies. Dinner they brought in KFC chicken and pizza . I was good had a chicken breast after I removed almost all the coating and a big salad and a few almonds. I'm hurting today - my body isn't use to that strenuous work, but it was good.

Karen - your chicken/zucchini sounds good - how did you make it. I make a zucchini/italian sausage dish that my daughter and I love. I'm running home at noon to have it for lunch. Saturday night I made mock mashed potatoes and a creamed turkey for over it - it was really good.

Sorry I don't drink coffee, but would you mind if I joined you with a cup of tea???

20 oz of water down so far today
  • Good day! Is weigh in on Monday or Tuesday? My scales are telling me that I gained 4 pounds. It's because I haven't had enough fiber most likely. Does anyone else have a problem with constipation on Atkins? It's killing me. I started the Fat Fast today and am off to a good start. I've only had one meal so far. I try have the first one a little late in the morning, then eat every 3 hours or so. The hurricane is projected to hit us in Virginia Wednesday or Thursday probably, so I've got to hit the store for Atkins friendly staples. I may not be able to stick with the Fat Fast if we lose power as most of the allowed foods require refrigeration. I'm gonna fill empty soda and water bottles with water and freeze to put in an ice chest just in case. I also need to refill propane tank for grill. Most of the people I work with are already planning to evacuate but I'm planning to stay. At least the roaring sound of the hurricane before the eye passes over might be enough to loosen the bowels up. HaHa! Have a super week!
  • Afternoon everyone!! Well, it was a rough weekend in many ways. I have an adult daugther, 22, who is living at home. She is not working and hasn't since she moved home in March. Saturday night we had a family "intervention" about her alcohol/drug abuse problem. I had to lay down some fairly severe terms for her to continue to live at home. It was either agree to the terms or leave the house. Major tough love. It was touchy and very difficult, but she finally did agree to the terms. Many prayers answered!! She began attending meetings that night and went again last night. I hoping she will see her way to a better lifestyle, even if it is forced at first.

Well, needless to say there was much stress for the weekend. I had way to many carbs to post!! I did add it up in Fitday and it was scary . Robin, I saw that you said after eating lots of carbs you had a headache? Is this always the case? I did wake up with a major headache. Kind of felt like a hangover. Uch!!

So, back to OP today. I will weigh in tonight. I hope it's not to bad. Hope everyone has a good Monday!
  • Good morniong everyone!

I am just taking a few minutes before I run to the gym to say hi!

I had a pretty good weekend. Didn't lose anymore weight this week but that is OK, to see the scale drop to 189.5 is a great thing! I havent seen the 80's for over a year now!

I am really proud of myself though. My aunt and uncle are in town and I was at my cousin's house last night. I stayed OP even though my aunt really really upset me. SHe had me in the bathroom crying. normally I would have just binged and paid the next day, but I pulled myself together and ate only what I should! Chicken and zucchini that I cooked myself! I drank an extra cup of coffee instead of eating desert but it didnt put me over in carbs at all.. in fact I still ended up at only about 10 carbs for the day.

Anyway, I am going to eat a couple of quick eggs then off to the gym!

Talk to you all later!
  • Just popping in to say "HI!"

I decided to start measuring myself. Especially if the pounds don't come off as quickly as I'd like, it will be a good way to see some results.

I took one measurement yesterday, though, and was mortified. I mean, I know I've gotten really heavy over the last 15 years or so, but a 41.5" waist is pretty scary to me. Oh well, it was probably 42 last week! I'll just have to bite the bullet and do this.

Jen
  • Turtle~thats always the case for me, and thats exactly how I describe it too. Feels like a "hangover" Sometimes if Im eating something that has a specific type of sugar (Im yet to figure out what it is) I will get an instant headache. Certain cookies, and icecreams will do that to me.