Liquid Protein Diets

• I have been on a liquid protein diet for three months (and exercising faithfully!) and have lost 37 pounds; my goal is to lose 20 pounds more. I am ready to start eating real food while still adhering to healthy eating (i.e., poultry, fish, veggies, fruits, grains). Of course, I am concerned about gaining weight because of the liquid protein diet. I am wondering if anyone has done a liquid protein diet and, if so, what effects did you experience once you started eating real food. Any input will be appreciated!
  • Check out my web site. My wife and I are unquestionably true VLCD success stories. We did it "right." Made sure we got enough protein. Did a good amount of weight-bearing exercise. Etc.

Click on the "Health Management" link for our whole story. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have!
  • What type of protein shakes did you use? Can you tell me more about what products you used?

Melody
  • Melody, the above is a very old post. You might be further ahead to do a search on protein shakes in the recipe sections or send a PM to Bicker who is still around but may not see your post.
  • During weight loss I used HMR 500, and then HMR 800. In maintenance, I've primarily used Myoplex Lite, but have also occasionally made pudding from HMR 70+. My weight-loss regimen included use of meal replacement entrees as well as meal replacement shakes. During weight-loss they were all HMR entrees. In maintenance, I typically buy Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice or Smart Ones.