Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 06:38 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Nancy, I am so impressed that you can hike that far! I wouldn't be able to do that right now! Cleaning out your deep freeze sounds like a good idea!!!

I took in an average of 1436 calories this past week. I got leg curl weights lifted yesterday for quads and hams.

Today's goals: 1300-1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, calcium, treadmill.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:04 AM   #62  

Default September 2020

Hi!

Computer not working quite right now...

Nancy, Rachel: Yeah, Nancy, you are so fit. I think it is easier if you belong to a group like sierra club or an outing club...

I am off the beaten track... will walk later...

Old 09-07-2020, 10:09 AM   #63  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Weigh In: 184.4
Up: 1 pound

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy and a great start to your week!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 7

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

Pat lay crying in bed. It was so hard. It seemed that for every three pounds she lost, she immediately gained two back. She really wanted to lose weight, but she felt so weak in the face of temptation. Wasn't there anything that could help her? Pat fell asleep that night with a prayer on her lips. Strangely, she felt a wonderful peace the next morning. The battle was truly tough, but she was once more ready to face it. God didn't take away the struggle, but He was able to give Pat just what she needed to carry on. That is the wonder of our God.

Today's thought: I'll keep fighting fat until I'm fit!
Old 09-07-2020, 11:15 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 281/191.1/185

Height: 5' 11"

Over the target by 500 cal the past 2 days but staying active, particularly yesterday after smoking 30 lbs of pork and brisket. Ready to get a good walk in follwed by cleaning smokers, buying propane and some work related stuff. I am not going to mess up the weight loss as I am focused on getting below the Mendoza line.
Old 09-07-2020, 02:35 PM   #65  

Good afternoon! Lazy morning and busy afternoon. Just got home from power walking and running an errand. Ran into a gal I used to work with at the grocery store. She and her mom were there getting some groceries. I had just checked out. They were coming in.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:51 PM   #66  

Beautiful walk today and cleaned up the smokers after making 30 pounds of smoked pork and beef brisket yesterday.
go White Sox!
Old 09-07-2020, 06:39 PM   #67  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon to all
WI up .2, so not a biggie for me just want to stay lower than last Saturday LOL
WO nothing today

I have spent most of my day painting a new mandala, right now it is on my garage floor with clear coat drying. This time I did it on a 30cm round mdf board. DH had some mdf at his shop so we went down yesterday and cut out 7 rounds for me to paint...the only problem will be trying to hang it on the wall. You can put a small nail in the back because it is only 1/8th" thick....I will figure it out. My poor home office is getting to look pretty crowded with all these I have been painting.

Diana what a lovely way to bring in the choir I can't believe that does not stress you but being with children does. Gosh we all have our triggers for sure!

Terri I am sure there are hiking clubs around me, I just am not good with formal things like that. We, and I mean DH and I prefer to strike out on our own. Yesterday we went to the local park/woods. The area we tromped through they have nicknamed 'the wildside' since it is attached to the park but there are not roads or picnic tables etc. Just trails. I managed to get into some nettles (dumb dumb me wore capris)...so of course that bothered me all day. Baking soda and water..the miracle cure for such things.

Usc4valpo OK I have to ask, what are you doing with 30lb of smoked pork?? Have a large family gathering? Storing for winter...oh how my mind does get silly

Rachel, good for you on the leg curls, when I try/tried to do them I would get cramps in my hamstrings. I tore my right hamstring once and it never really healed I think right. (yes I did a stupid thing to tear it, it was so loud when it happened DH though I hit the wall with my leg)

Ok back again later

Old 09-07-2020, 08:34 PM   #68  

Good evening! Went for a power walk and ran errands after supper. There were some things that I forgot to get when I was there earlier. Will try to get to bed early tonight. Have a busy morning tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #69  

Nancy - plenty of winter meals and different dishes. We also have brisket to carve. We will smoke turkey and sausage in a few weeks.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:56 PM   #70  
Trying to live below 200

Hi Everyone!

Nancy The singing is a bit stressful but not as much as the kids. I am not used to being around kids. I was an only child and spent most of my time around adults. Also, DH and I didn't have any children.

Total Approx 1600 calories + calories are high but I stuck to a decent plan on Labor Day

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
Frittata
spritz olive oil in pan
2 large eggs 140 calories
veggies 60
14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
Fruit spread 30 calories
juice equivalent to 60 calories
coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (350 Calories)
chick-fil-a market salad w/BHF's ranch 350 calories

Dinner (850 Calories)
homemade cheeseburger made w/bun, meat, cheese, ketchup, mayo, mustard 500 calories
sweet potato fries 250 calories
vanilla pudding cup 100 calories

Exercise:
1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
Old 09-08-2020, 07:00 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 168/working on it/136-139

Height: 5'8"

Default Good morning

Usc4valpo, what is the Mendoza line again? I think I asked you that before but I don't remember?

Jen and Yangzter Gangster, & Princessroha & TREEMBBS, how are you all doing?

I took in 1850 calories yesterday, so I was over my goal. Got the treadmill done and met my other goals. Should weigh in today, but I had salty snack before bed last night so will hold off .

Today's goals: 1300-1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill.

Old 09-08-2020, 07:05 AM   #72  

Good morning! Will have breakfast in a few minutes. Busy morning here!😁
Old 09-08-2020, 07:57 AM   #73  
Trying to live below 200

Good Morning, Everyone!

Today is the first day doing the Bible study in the school. I hope everything goes smoothly.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1600 +
Weigh In: 185
Up: .6 (this could be a second gain from the binge the day before. Refocus and back on track today)

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

September 8

Luke 12:29
'And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.'

Clyde was so infuriating! Every time his wife suggested that he go on a diet, he came up with some excuse. Most of the time he just said that diets weren't healthy. He was afraid he would do more harm than good. Clyde knew it was just a dodge. He didn't want to lose weight, and he saw no reason why anyone should want to push him. That all changed when he landed in the hospital with a heart attack brought on because his body simply couldn't carry the weight Clyde contained. Clyde no longer questioned what was right. Instead of doubting the intelligence of dieting, he wondered why he ever been so stupid as to resist it. Sometimes God needs to let us know through crisis what we will not hear normally.

Today's thought: If it's a choice between dieting or dying, I think I'll diet!
Old 09-08-2020, 10:41 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 175/158/145

good morning,
hope you all had a wonderful labor day!
too much junk food for me over the weekend. detox week starts today. lol
Old 09-08-2020, 11:20 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Mmm, all that brisket and everything sounds so tasty! Things are going well here (thanks for asking, Rachel! ). I auditioned for a flamenco program for the year and got in, and I start this Friday. I'm very excited!

Yesterday:
Breakfast: bread w/ jam and butter, milk
Lunch: 2 ribs, coleslaw, 1 corn on the cob, 1.5 biscuits, lots of dessert
Dinner: little bit each of daal w/ naan, plain greek yogurt, and cucumber tomato salad
Closed Thread