August 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 2 of 25
Go to
  • Hi Everyone!

Today I went to see my Aunt. I wanted to bring us some lunch and was at a bit of a loss. I had some containers of Panera Bread potato soup, so we had that. I put it in a pot and then heated it at her house. I also stopped to get us some single serve packs of Keebler cookies (100 calories). It was a nice afternoon. Then, I have been wanting some chicken enchiladas. I had planned to make that tonight. So the potato soup and chicken enchiladas was probably not a great combo to have in one day. My calories are fine, but not the sodium. Expect major drama in the morning.

Teri Yes, there are gators, snakes, etc. Some people have heard something at their door, looked out and there was an alligator. It's best to keep your distance. I don't have issues in my neighborhood because we don't have ponds, lake, or river in here.

yangtzer We finished the hallway and foyer this time. The previous project was the fireside room. I'm thinking the next project will be the kitchen. Believe me, there's plenty to do.

Total Approx 1400 Calories +

Breakfast 200 calories
    1 Siggi yogurt 110 calories
    Fage Total plain 0% 90 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch 500 calories
    Potato soup 400 calories
    cookies 100 calories

Dinner 700 calories
    chicken enchiladas 500 calories
    boiled okra 100 calories
    yasso coffee yogurt pop 100 calories

Exercise
    1 hour outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
  • good night all! went to church tonight. ran an errand on the way home. had supper after i got home. watched two of the perry mason movies on hallmark movies and mysteries tonight. will be shutting down to go to bed soon.
  • Good morning
    Yangtzer Gangster, I had to smile at your comment about my parents being good cooks It's I who am the cook at their place because they are so elderly! AND I"M NOT A GOOD COOK . But I munch on what's around there and I don't necessarily make low fat foods for my parents, at least for my Dad. He needs the calories. That's where the challenge comes in for me.....eating too much of his food. Nancy is right; I need to have more of MY foods over there. It's all in the planning. It's doable! I just have to do it.

Usc4valpo, I have to smile at your ongoing "battle" about the housework with your daughters. I bet when they are on their own one day, they will change their tune Way to go on your incredible commitment to exercise! I admire that!

The past week I averaged 1463 calories. That's good for maintenance for me. Lots of salty stuff though. I don't want to weigh in I got a few weights lifted yesterday: arm curls and leg curls..... to work my biceps, my hams and my quads.

Today's goals:
    1500 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill, maybe leg press for weights and the arm/shoulder/upper back deal.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
    This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1400 +
    Weigh In: 181
    Up: 1.2 pounds (this was expected)

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters
    August 2

Matthew 11:28
    'Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

'
    Sunday was 'anything goes' day. Carol had decided that if she was good about sticking to her diet through the week, she would allow herself to splurge on Sunday. It made the diet so much more tolerable. Interestingly, she never really went overboard on Sunday. She ate something she really liked, but she ate a moderate amount and found herself totally satisfied. Whenever we attempt something difficult, we need to allow ourselves a respite. It is a good thing to take a break, even from a diet. It requires self-control, but it can help us keep a healthy perspective on why we diet in the first place. Once we have rested from our fast, we can return to it renewed.

Today's thought: I am tired of being heavy-ladened physically!
  • good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
  • Good Morning. a new low by a hair. 197.8 Got a 3.5 mile walk in last night at a good 3.5 MPH pace. Weather forecast today is tornado watch in coming from the west with rain and hail. Coastal flood watch in effect, oh, and a hurricane approaching from the south. Thank you 2020, you are really handing things to us in style, LOL.

So I did something thwat was strangely scary yesterday. I took 4 garbage bags of old clothes that have become too big over the past 10 months and donated them. SOme still had tags on. Never got to wear some because of COVID although I did wear a couple around the house just cuz I could. It is a little scary to let go of them. There is that "what if I gain?" thinking in the back of my head (because it happened last time). But I am hoping this will make me confirm my commitment. I still have a small bag of "too small" clothing left in the back of the closet. Just feels weird to let them go.

Yangzter - I am on babysitting duty this coming week so I will be up there from Tuesday to Friday. with him. With the hurricane blowing thru we may not get our outdoor time in so it might be an interesting week.
  • August 2020
    Good Morning!

Diana: ...Reptiles kind of creep me out...I occasionally encounter a black snake in the yard...Every couple of years, I hear about alligators found locally. It is believed that some pet owner released it into the wild. I think it is still considered too cold to survive the winter here.

It rained last night, so I missed walking. I got up in the middle of the night and biked 30 and lifted light wts. and did 100 situps. This am, I walked 20. It was cooler, but muggy. More rain is expected today, I walked around a community yard sale and bought some toys for some relatives...

I had a slice of bbq pizza today. Now it is all gone. I need to go back to using a food mover. I am trying to eat more veggies.
  • congrats on the new low gzgrl! got busy doing other things so still haven't had breakfast.
  • Just came back from jogging. Very cool and pleasant morning.
    Isaias could dump up to 4 inches of rain in NJ next week. Much needed break from the heat
  • good morning again! had breakfast. will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
  • I'm back..
    Hello ladies.

I'm still chasing my goal of fit after 40.

I think when I was here last I was in the 180s again. So hard to break them for me.

ONE GOOD thing I'm GREAT AT MAINTAINING. I'm at 191.6 today but did bump up to 195!

That's when I was like "oh no you dont"

I'm doubling down my efforts with IF, OMAD and CAD.

So, the bump up was due to 2 weeks of cheating on my CAD with non allowed foods outside of 1 hour carb meal. Grr...it makes me so upset but at the same time I'm glad i.was able to shift my determination.

I dont know if it was because of the stress of my ds2 lipoma removal (which biopsy did reveal normal lipoma, praise God) or the stress of making the decision of back to school plans?

A couple of changes.

I'm focusing on the anti aging benefits of fasting as well as the weight loss benefits and since fasting is a part of my spiritual life...I'm more determined to make it through longer fasts.

I want to report that I completed a 23:59 min fast yesterday. I ate my 1 hour carb meal at 230 pm friday. So started clock at 330pm Friday and fasted until 329 pm Saturday.

I was hungry by 8pm on Friday. I drank bubbly. I focused on the benefits of fasting. I was hungry going to bed, but when I woke up, I was not hungry at all. I made pancakes and didnt want a bite. I sipped on low carb coconut almond milk. I felt energetic. I also drank Aha with caffeine. I went shopping for food. I cooked my dinner and waited on my mom to eat, I wanted to make it 24 hr. One of my app gave me the 24 hr. Badge.

I felt energetic and revitalized. Then I ate my meal and I DID FEEL SLEEPY...but again I started the clock for my next fast at 445 pm.

I am on TOM and my weight has been going down so I cant really check the progress of weight. This app keeps progress of my waist circumference though...that's a biggy for me.

I've also added back my morning stretching, light exercise routine.

10 reps side leg raises
    10 reps of bent knee raises (glutes)
    10 tricep dips
    10 wall push ups
    10 squats
    2 standing superman each side
    40 knee highs to warm up.

I'm not logging my food but my progress of IF and CAD

OMAD which is my preferred method is pretty much like this but I find timers motivational so I incorporated it into my OMAD life through IF (same diff)

I didnt do my routine yet so I need to do it. Was too hot when I took dogs out and they tried to sneak off too.

Just a quick hi and I want to read up on you all.

Hugs.
  • good afternoon! welcome back jendiet! we missed you! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. came home and had lunch.
  • Quote: good afternoon! welcome back jendiet! we missed you! went for a power walk and ran errands this morning. came home and had lunch.
    Hi Ciecie! You are always consistent.

Ok guys, I still haven't done morning routine but I'm trying to do it every day...I did however do 4 songs of worship dance.

I didn't go to church today because I have to work so that was important. If I feel moved by the Spirit I dance in church...not on the stage or anything...just in the back ..unless I feel emboldened by the Spirit to move up at all...Dripping with sweat so once I cool off will get those exercises in.
  • Quote: Just came back from jogging. Very cool and pleasant morning.
    Isaias could dump up to 4 inches of rain in NJ next week. Much needed break from the heat
    I admire joggers!
  • Quote: Good Morning!

Diana: ...Reptiles kind of creep me out...I occasionally encounter a black snake in the yard...Every couple of years, I hear about alligators found locally. It is believed that some pet owner released it into the wild. I think it is still considered too cold to survive the winter here.

It rained last night, so I missed walking. I got up in the middle of the night and biked 30 and lifted light wts. and did 100 situps. This am, I walked 20. It was cooler, but muggy. More rain is expected today, I walked around a community yard sale and bought some toys for some relatives...

I had a slice of bbq pizza today. Now it is all gone. I need to go back to using a food mover. I am trying to eat more veggies.
    Terri, wow!! 100 sit ups!