The Right Program for Me?

• Yes, I'm visiting sporadically. I know my BIGGEST hurdle is sugar addiction - it's the reason for my excessive weight and will be the most difficult thing to change.....

I started with a trip to the doctor today to get a blood test done. Pretty sure I've got thyroid issues (have had in the past and I've got all the symptoms of hypothyroid currently) and maybe some hormone imbalance.
    Found out I'm actually 197 lbs! I REALLY don't want to get into 200s, so I've got to start making some changes.

I'd like to find some sort of meal replacement plan (like shakes). Because the thing is, I am NOT hungry. I hardly eat anything, and I can't really eat much when I try to eat (besides maybe 2 chicken nuggets and 4 fries like today or something very small, I nibble - no not all day, just when my husband wants to get some lunch and I feel like I SHOULD eat something but just not hungry. I don't eat breakfast, but I eat a couple pieces of chocolate when I first wake up. I drink tea, sometimes sweet but often unsweet or with like Splenda. I know, I know, not good...
    But I don't usually have an appetite until the evening. I have a problem with late night eating too (like I'll fix a healthy choice meal around midnight). But I think I could drink something during the day, like smoothies or shakes, and then a healthy dinner in the evening. I like salads and some veggies (green beans, zucchini, squash, broccoli, etc.) Hate beans.
    Anyway, I am pretty sure that fasting and meal replacement shakes is the right TYPE of diet for me. The question is, which one? There are SO many out there, and I'm overwhelmed

Cost is a major factor - I need something that does NOT cost hundreds of dollars a month. So like Optifast, HMR....can't afford that. There has to be some cheaper options, even if I create it myself. But if I do that, what's good at like GMC as far as meal replacement shakes?

And secondly, I would like the shakes (and bars if included) to actually taste good, or I won't be drinking/eating them. I like the taste of the Boost Protein shakes (not sure if that's helpful information or not), the milk chocolate flavor. I love pineapple/island or pina colada smoothies, love fruit (mostly berries and grapes and of course I'm a pineapple freak, but I HATE bananas)....

Anyway, sorry if that's too much information, but can ya'll sort of point me in the right direction in finding a meal replacement plan? Or maybe partially fasting, like Optifast (there are no clinics for this one in my area though).

Thanks!!

Rushell
  • in my opinion the easiest way to diet is to increase the number of daily activities and eat healthy foods. fasting also needs to be considered. This is cheap