Alternachick chat September 1+

You're on Page 12 of 12
Go to
  • Girls - You are all so sweet! You make me blush!!!

Lesbia - Glad to know I still got it.

My job is driving me crazy lately. My boss doesn't know how to switch from one window to another on the computer. My assistant is making up stories that I've got all this free time to help other directors when the reality is that she doesn't want to do the work and I'm swamped.

Then, on the way to school today, I was rear-ended (and not in the good way). Luckily, there was very little damage. But the girl who hit me is in my yoga class so that was a little akward.

On the brighter side, my English Prof asked me to stay after class (I thought I was in trouble!). Turns out he wants to submit my story to the literary magazine and then asked if I would be interested in editing for it. Very flattering!
  • Jessica-COOL!!! Great news about your story!!! Too bad about the other crap though. Don't you wish that bad things WOULD just happen to bad people? Your co-worker is the one that SHOULD have been rear ended. (Again, NOT in the good way!!!)

SFLAKE-ME TOO!!! Get it out of the dryer and no ironing needed!!! I don't iron anyway. I HATE IT. If it needs ironing hubby does it. He finds it "relaxing" (SEE, I really AM attracted to sickos!!!!!)
  • Goddess Jessica, how exciting about the story! I need to take some college writing classes, or at least get my butt writing again, because I always think of how exciting it would be to publish something -- but it's kind of hard to publish a novel if you haven't written more than 15 or 16 pages of anything! Maybe I should give up on the novel idea, and stick to poetry and short stories. Hmm... but anyway, I just wanted to say congrats, because I know how exciting that must be for you! :-D
  • Awwww... thanks! I always wanted to write a novel but my ADD says that short stories are more likely to be completed! You should defiantely write some short stories. I think they're more difficult to write than long stories because you have to communicate something in a short amount of time.
  • Jessica, congratulations! I too like to write, but only academic stuff. I recently submitted an article to a Lit. magazine. Here's hoping!

And now I've turned this around to all about me. Sorry!

Congratulations again!
  • Jessica-congratulations on getting your story published!
  • Just a quick fly by!

Jessica - Congrats on the story!

Thanks for the kind words Ellis, Den & Sflake.

Hi to the rest of the chicks!

Sorry to have been so MIA, but I have only been home & awake at the same time for about 2 hours in the last 2 days. Off to bed.
  • Jessica, don't you hate it when you get rear-ended?
    Congrats on the story, though! What's your major?

Haven't been around much...played Beat The Clock getting Rob prepared to go for a trip back to Holland, and things haven't quite settled down since he left. One thing I know is that I HAVE to get my eating in line again, FAST! Too many restaurants and convenience foods!
  • My major is Film. Midwestern girl moves to California, you know the end of this story. I'm having a ball! I've done a commerical and a couple of shorts. This semester I'm working on other people's projects so I can get some experience. I'll probably end up with a double major because I love to write.

Get your eating in line! Big Sister's watching!!
  • Jessica you must be so proud. And I love stories like yours with a happy ending Girl get everything she wants.