Resist the urge to skip a meal

• Skipping meals will not make you lose weight faster. If a hectic day makes a sit-down meal impossible, stash a piece of fruit and pack of nut butter in your car or purse and keep snacks in your office desk drawer anything that will keep you from going hungry!

Going long periods of time without food does double-duty harm on our healthy eating efforts by both slowing down your metabolism, and priming you for another binge later in the day. (Think: You've skipped breakfast and lunch, so you're ready to takedown a whole turkey by dinner!) Make it your mission to eat three meals and two snacks every day, and don't wait longer than three to four hours without eating. Set a "snack alarm" on your phone if needed.
  • Smile Resist the urge to skip a meal
  • This is actually completely wrong. Check out intermittent fasting.

Every time you eat you release insulin which is a storage hormone. The more insulin the more fat is stored. It takes 2 weeks of less eating to have your metabolism reduce. Check out the MATADOR study.
  • Ann, i dabble in Intermittent Fasting, daily fasts, not extended, yet. I have a problem believing it does not slow metabolism but rather increase it. I never heard of the Matador Study but have bookmarked several articles to read and also videos to watch. I looked into the book mentioned. I will hold off on that for now because I have more diet books than a person ever needs. I need to do more, not just read about it.

Thank you!
  • Skipping meal is very harmful for health. We must try to eat healthy and do workout to improve metabolism, for staying fit.
  • o ya
    stunning

Tags

diet tips