May 2020 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 1 of 26
Go to
  • Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
  • Morning!

All bloated today - 67.9kg and bleaugh. But that's probably because yesterday I had loads of stodgy and sugary food. I saw a video on YouTube about Navajo coffee (made with toasted flour and sugar). Had a couple of those and a few sliced of butter soaked fruit toast. It was one of those comfort food days but I've woken up feeling rough. Like a hangover but sadly no alcohol consumed!!!

babasylli - welcome! I drink loads of coffee, but other than an iced one for breakfast (whole milk, no sugar) the rest are black. I probably have six double espressos a day. It's not a problem (for me) lol!

Nancy - bleaugh for you too. New month, hopefully things gets better!

Princessroja - my vote is on the cap sleeved one it's sooooo pretty! Congratulations on being in the 130's!!!

Joe - I hope you have decided to stick with us for another month and also that your house completion went smoothly :-)

Ok, the kid is calling so got to cut it short but I hope everyone else is doing ok...Teri we will both make our 2 pound achievable monthly goal, I'm sure!
  • PS - Diana I forgot to say thank you for setting us up again for May...May already! Sheesh...
  • May 2020
    Good Morning!

Diana: Thanks again for starting a new thread.

Princess Roja: Bravo!

Joe: Yeah!

BabaSylli: Welcome! I love frappes...and the calories and the expense can really add up...I used to get instant coffee and add almond milk and stevia... I worry about stuff that is hard on your teeth like green tea, coffee, juices like cider, cranberry juice, cherry juice, pomegranate juice...apple cider vinegar, etc...I don't know what the solution is. I try to remember to drink some water afterwards...

Yesterday, I walked 20 minutes and later I biked 30 minutes. I moved the resistance from 7 to 9 and it felt fine...I tried that a few months ago...but went back to 7. I do some upper body exercises as I bike. No gardening. Diet was soso. I had my usual sundae, but also had a lemon poppyseed muffin, a breakfast burrito, etc. A family member brought in a big container of cheese balls that is sitting in the kitchen. So far, I have managed to not partake...
  • Happy May Basket Day
    Princessrojo, yay on hitting the 130's . I've had that roasted kale before. I really liked it!! Hard to stop at just a few pieces of it; very tasty.

BabaSylli, Re: the coffee: a few months ago, I stopped using the creamers I so loved (the sweetened, flavored ones from Coffemate and International Delights) because it seemed I was taking in too many calories from them. I started using milk. Now, surprisingly I don't LIKE the creamers anymore! They make the coffee seem too sweet now!! I never thought I would say that because I've used those creamers generously for years! Now, I'm very satisfied with just the milk in my coffee.

USC4valpo, you are doing so well . You are an inspiration.

This morning I weighed in at one pound down at 146. It's slow but it is going. I think my last 10-11 pounds are going to be quite a challenge, but "one step at a time and no hurry." I took in 1200 calories yesterday.

Today's goals:
    NS Plan, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber, calcium, treadmill.
  • Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Welcome back, everyone!

Update on Ms. Connie, our Pastor's wife who has pancreatic cancer: I forgot to mention that Ms. Connie had a scan and blood work done this week. She got a good report. I'm not sure about the level of cancer but they said it was a good report. The tests were to determine if the last round of chemo and radiation worked. So I will report what we were told.

Last night: Basic stretches
    This Morning: Oxycise

I am waking very sore from the physical work I have been doing. I have to hobble around for a while because my feet hurt so bad and I am exhausted. I am up .2 this morning. I know it's not from too many calories or sodium.

Calories for yesterday: 1360 +
    Weigh In: 188.2
    Up: .2

Have a Blessed day, stay healthy, and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

May 1

Mark 9:23
    Jesus said unto him, 'If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.'

All my friends said they didn't think I could do it. They had watched me stuff myself so many times; they didn't think I had any self-control at all. I showed them. I knew in my heart I could make it. Sure, it was tough, but I'm no quitter. When the going got the toughest, it just made me more determined to lose the weight. The key is to believe in yourself. God believes in us, even though we don't always deserve His trust. If God can believe in us, then who are we to do otherwise? Pray for God's assurance, and you will find more than enough faith to make it through.

Today's thought: God believes in me!
  • thanks for getting the may thread started diana. that's great that ms. connie got a good report from her oncologist. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
  • Happy May Day, the "Labor Day" celebrated by the rest of the world.
    FUN FACT: "1st of May" was chosen to be International Workers' Day to commemorate a strike in Chicago in 1886, but it's not celebrated in USA, LOL.

We should celebrate it too since maintaining a healthy lifestyle takes a lot of work.

• Good morning, all! 139.4 this morning, woohoo! That's definitely the right direction. Can't believe it's May already! Time has whooshed by.

Breakfast: yogurt w/ jam and muesli
    Exercise: 90 min ballet class

Hope your drive goes well today, nancy!
    Jaimy,
    the cap sleeve one is super tempting, isn't it?? Hope you feel better soon!
    Thanks, Teri! My husband LOVES those cheese balls and eats them with chopsticks so his hands don't get dirty. It's such a funny sight watching him dip chopsticks into the giant tub and emerge with a single cheese ball
    Rachel, thanks! It does seem to be slow going those last 10 pounds, doesn't it? I'm expecting it to be like pulling teeth once I get to that place myself.
    Hope you feel better soon too, diana, and can get some rest today too.
    yangtzer, so true!
  • good morning again! will go for a power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
  • Lunch: 1 slice avocado toast, apple, oat ball, 2 squares chocolate
    Snack: oat ball
    Dinner: shredded carrot salad, 1 slice pizza, cereal, pudding... a motley assortment since I didn't have time to cook dinner tonight. Can't wait until the semester is over next week so I can breathe!
  • Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1365 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & monk fruit

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
    Chick-fil-a market salad w/BHF's ranch 340 calories
    single serve pack of chips ahoy crackers 210 caloires

Exercise:
    12,000 steps

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Hello,
    I had a very stressful day. Work was a pain especially for a Friday. My daughter is a HS senior dealing with no graduation and everyday growing pains. Difficult work and parenting day overall.
    I did 30 minutes cardio and walked for 4 mi. I consumed 2021 cal, which is 71 more than the target. No biggie.
    Breakfast: multi-grain Cheerios, blueberry chobani yogurt, small slice of deli ham, 3 cups coffee.- 380 cal
    Lunch: ham sandwich, hummus, snap peas, 3 oz leftover smoked pork - 603 cal
    Dinner: grilled chicken strips, guacamole, grilled veggies, chips, salsa, 2 margaritas from scratch - 1039 cal
    Lesson learned - tortilla chips are my kryptomite, I gotta avoid them when available.
  • Hello,
    I had a very stressful day. Work was a pain especially for a Friday. My daughter is a HS senior dealing with no graduation and everyday growing pains. Difficult work and parenting day overall.
    I did 30 minutes cardio and walked for 4 mi. I consumed 2021 cal, which is 71 more than the target. No biggie.
    Breakfast: multi-grain Cheerios, blueberry chobani yogurt, small slice of deli ham, 3 cups coffee.- 380 cal
    Lunch: ham sandwich, hummus, snap peas, 3 oz leftover smoked pork - 603 cal
    Dinner: grilled chicken strips, guacamole, grilled veggies, chips, salsa, 2 margaritas from scratch - 1039 cal
    Lesson learned - tortilla chips are my kryptomite, I gotta avoid them when available.
  • Morning! 67.3kg today.

Rachel - 146! That is amazing you are doing sooo well :-)

Teri - well done on the resistance increase and getting so much exercise in. When this lock down ends I'll have to start running again...eek!

USC4valpo - oh no, sounds tough! My little one is about to turn 3...there I was hoping things would get easier lol!!!

Diana - I'm so pleased that Ms Connie is doing ok, thank you for sharing the update.

My goal for today is to not eat too much chocolate. Also my kid keeps asking for Indian snack foods to eat (that are not stocked by our supermarket at the moment) so I need to YouTube how to make samosa, bhaji and pakora. Probably need to work out how they are actually spelled first though, lol!!!

Have a great day everyone :-)