Old 04-05-2020, 10:32 PM   #31  

Good evening. I didn’t fall off the planet, just been trying to keep things even around here. I quit FB for the time being as I am sick and tired of this whole thing. Jokes, statistics, games, etc, etc and I didn’t sign up for them just keeping it up about the virus. I know what we have to do, know the restrictions, etc and frankly am sick of hearing about it.

I got a couple of really comfortable prs of shoes delivered. They are an orthotic brand and super comfy. One pr is mule style I bought to wear around the house and the other are a cute pr of pink sandals I’ll keeping for vacation next year. First time I’ve ever gotten orthotic shoes that didn’t hurt my instep.

Jack just keeps plugging away at work. They aren’t letting them take holidays until further notice so I told him we’ll just plow the overtime into vacation.

Susan: TN is doing road checks from what I understand and they’re going door to door shutting down non essential businesses. I have to say my hair is going to have inches of white roots by the time they can open again. I hope the trach went ok and he is doing better. I have a friend from high school who’s grandson has been sick for several years. His disease destroyed his kidneys and he was in the hospital for a transplant, but they canceled it so he is back to dialysis. He’s 13 I think. He’s such a great kid.

CeeJay: We had just started spring cleaning when this all came up. We stopped because they aren’t taking donations right now and we have no where to store boxes. It’ll just have to wait. We’ve had a ton of rain and the weeds have taken over, but it hasn’t dried out to get out there and kill them. The deck looks awful, but we have to have some sunny days and with Jack’s work situation right now we can only do it on the weekends.

Jean: Our nail salon, waxing place and hair salon are all closed so I am going to be frightening when they open back up, hairy, white rooted, snaggly nails. How’d Bob’s dental thing go? I didn’t see where you said. Jack got bbq take out a few days ago and they were out of potato salad. Such a bummer! I don’t make potato salad much because Jack won’t eat it. We try to get carry out at least a couple times a week to help out the businesses. Jack went to get Burger King on Friday and they had no hamburger at all!

Jack went up to bed and I’ve just been here reading so guess I better head off. Have a good week, stay safe!!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 08:13 AM   #32  

This thread.idclosed. Please go to Steel Magnolias #57.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote