Anyone doing 16:8 intermitett fasting?

• With low carb or without?
  • I am! I have been doing it for a few months, most days. I am not low carb, but try to limit them because of my diabetes. No food is off limits. I eat 2 meals, a late breakfast or brunch, and an early dinner. Since we are retired we eat dinner around 4 and go to bed early, around 10. DH doesn't fast and eats much more often. Some days my fast is longer, sometimes shorter. I am losing very slowly and would probably lose better if I lowered calories. Sometimes, like yesterday, I am at 1000 calories and I lose, but other days I am higher, up to 1700 or so. After a few weeks of doing this my hunger subsided and now it just feels like a normal eating schedule. It has done wonders with curtailing my night time eating and I'm saving money.

Are you doing this? Or considering it?
  • I am on it lost 20 pounds in a little over 2 weeks. Great diet . I am eating carbs too I like my one banana a day. I was losing about 2 lbs per day when I was doing low carb with this. Feeling better at 70. I just gave up breakfast which I never liked anyway and stop eating by 7:30
  • Good job! Breakfast is my favorite meal! But with early dinner and no snacking I'm getting a good fasting period.
  • I am orig from Pennsylvania too. If you don't mind me asking. What time do you eat your dinner?
  • I'm doing it. I only do 14:10, though. Sometimes 15:9. I've lost nearly 60 pounds in about two months! It's nuts how well this can work, especially for really large people like me. I really wish someone had told me about this as a teenager, lol.
  • I'm restarting the 16/8 diet
  • Not doing 16/8, but I am just at the burgeoning stages (3 days of 2 meals a day and yesterday was my first day with only 1 meal a day) of a 23 hour fast followed by a 1 hour time restricted eating window whilst on Atkins 20. Not a ton of resources out there, but there are a few.