1520 days to go...

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to

On-plan. l submitted my stuff to be evaluated for leg braces. Now I have to wait to see if I am a candidate or not. I am really hoping I am....

This is the first day in a long time that I haven't counted my calories. Based on how hungry I feel, I will give myself the standard deduction for today. Just realized I went on an extra walk- der. I was only suppose to do one today to give my legs a rest. The scale said I was at a new low weight this morning. It is too little, too late and I don't believe it is a real loss. Even if it were, it wasn't much.

I rescheduled some flights today and was really happy to learn they are considered even exchanges. I though I was going to have to pay a lot more!

So another day not counting calories. Based on how hungry I am and the level on the keto test strip for fat metabolites, I am going to give myself the standard deduction again. Tomorrow is yet another weigh-in day.

So after showing a lose all week, the scale said I maintained today.
  • Pipsicle, you've got a nice log going on here. You've definitely been at it for a while. Can you post your meals for today so that I can have a look. I wouldn't worry about counting calories or weighing in on a daily basis. Our bodies can add numbers on the scale by just drinking water. It's how you feel in your clothes and inches lost that count. And, constantly worrying about calories and the numbers on the scale causes added stress that hinders weight loss.

Still here. Unfortunately, I am simply too embarrassed to post what I eat. I was thinking about it for a while when I felt like I was getting somewhere although at a very humble pace. Right now, I am somewhere in the weeds and not very close to making progress. Therefore, I am even more ashamed of my dietary habits.

I use the scale because it tells no lies. My scale is very cheerful though. It has no numbers and resets in 10 pound increments. If I gain, it gives me a helpful tip. If I lose, it literally plays applause or if it is a new low weight it plays music. So it is a friendly scale.

Even with losing just over twenty pounds, my clothes are not fitting much differently. The positive reinforcement is so far and between for me. Still showing up though and hoping to work my way out of this slump.

Well, despite my best efforts to overeat, I managed to create a calorie deficit. I also finally got my tooth fixed.

Was on-plan more or less today. Guess I am starting to fade though; I almost forgot to post here...

Still on-plan; just wish it was a plan that worked. I need to remember to only go on one walk tomorrow. My feet and legs really need one day of rest. I forgot last Friday and walked too much. I paid for it all week. I've had to stop on many of my walks because my feet hurt.

EDIT: I've just learned that I have been accepted as a client for the leg braces. I am so excited! This could be life changing- literally! It will put the wind back in my sails as I'd definitely like to be a light as possible when I go for my appointments and fittings! They are scheduling in August and September so I have some time to try my best.

Here!

There was blog that I was following for many, many years. It was someone who started writing about her weight loss journey. Once she lost the weight, it became more of a lifestyle blog. Recently, she retired the blog. In some ways, I felt as though I lost a friend. I have found a new blog to follow though. This woman lost a ton of weight and then regained some. The current entries are about her weight loss efforts now. However, I have started reading at the very beginning at the very start of her journey. Interestingly, she was at a similar point then to where I am at now. It is extra meaningful to me as I work my way out of my slump.

I had a lot of trouble on my last walk today and needed to stop four times. My feet were really painful, especially my worse foot. I was happy to get home. I took off my shoes and socks and then I propped my feet up. Shortly thereafter, they were really itching. Looks like I was bit by a mosquito on each one. There is a possibility I am allergic to mosquito bites as they usually swell up larger than a quarter. One is right on the insole on a very sensitive spot that rubs on my footwear. I hope the swelling goes down quickly.

On-Plan
    3 walks
    Calorie deficit (larger than planned)
    Weigh-in tomorrow

The mosquito bite on my instep from yesterday swelled up to roughly the size a 50 cent piece! It is better today but randomly stung briefly about an hour ago.

So it has occurred to me that my weight loss stall might actually be a bonafide plateau. I hadn't considered that before because I am losing weight so slowly I was assuming I wouldn't plateau. Funny like most diet/weight loss things you can find opposite advice on how to get through a plateau. One source says to increase your calories but another says to reduce your calories even further. One source says to exercise more but another says to rest more. LOL!

My weight was up for my official weigh-in. This is only the second time this month my weight was above my starting weight for the month. The other one was on weigh-in day also. Figures, the only days that really matter. I weigh myself everyday (first thing in the morning) and often twice a day (if I do, last thing at night). For the most part, I ignore those weights unless it is something dramatic like a three pound change.

On-Plan
    3 walks
    Calorie deficit
    Weekly weigh-in showed an unconfirmed half pound gain

I've been summarizing below how I am doing so it is present but tucked away. While interesting, it really gets monotonous- this is a long haul! There are many other parts to my plan (e.g. sleep, sunshine, specific dietary goals) but I've decided to focus on the biggies diet and exercise. In the future, I'd like to come up with a better way to display the information. What I have for now works. I haven't been updating my spreadsheet lately. It was getting discouraging.

I went over my calories for today. Starting a fast played into it. I was worried about being hungry so I ate extra before I started it. That was an unfortunate choice on many levels. First, it put me over for the day. Second, I wasn't truly hungry and I was feeding my anxiety about not being able to eat. A bit of a backfire! I mentioned in a previous post that I was happy to find a really relatable weight loss blog. Well, today I am no longer able to view it. The owner changed it from public to invited readers only. I am quite disappointed; it was really helpful to me.

On-Plan
    3 walks
    started fast on time at 7:00 pm

Off-Plan
    Over calorie limit

Well, I am guaranteed a half pound weight loss this month. Not so great but better than staying the same or gaining. I would have been thrilled in year's past to have lost six pounds in the year rather than gaining 50 pounds. We'll see what tomorrow's weight is. It may be an even larger loss. In other good news, the blog I wanted to read it public again.

So surely, I can't be the only one that eats this- cottage cheese with sugar on top.

On-plan
    3 walks
    calorie deficit (larger than planned)
    ended fast
  • Congratulations Pipsicle on the leg braces. Hope you get them soon and they work well for you.