1520 days to go...

You're on Page 29 of 34
Go to

It jumped up because I forgot I should be counting up on days I overeat. Today was another one. It was so bad my scale reset. It resets every ten pounds whether you've gained 10 or lost 10. In this case, I hit the ten pound mark going up.

I'm not sure what is worse, not realizing you've gone over for the day until after it happened or eating anyway knowing it is pushing you over your calorie limit. I do both on a rotating basis.

Rest
    Calorie Overage

Well, I have infinite points for persistence. Here I am again, over on calories with only tomato and iceberg lettuce on my list of veggies for the day. What it comes down to is I ruin my day in forty minutes or less. After I eat a meal and should be full, I really want to eat sweets and usually do. They taste like I haven't eaten for days. It is so wrong. I should be so full I don't even want to look at another morsel of anything. I need to find a way to break this terrible craving. Cheerio!

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

No change today. Still working on it....

Exercise
    Calorie Neutral

My dog has a toy he really loves. Today, I played a trick on him to see what he would do. For his walk, I take him around the block. So we basically cross our own path at the end of our walk. Without him seeing, I left his favorite toy in that area. When we came back, I thought that he would see it and be really excited. Then he would carry it home.

I was wrong- LOL! He saw it and sniffed it. Then he left it there! Don't worry, I picked it up and brought it home.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit

So how do writers do it. Each evening, I try to think of witty things to post. I even think of something during the day sometimes but by the time I've logged on it escapes me.

Today it snowed a good three inches and it is still coming down. We went out walking in it. Our dog (the other one from yesterday) was definitely not impressed. I think she tried to get us to turn back at one point. It was only a quick ten minute walk though. If I had to do it again, I would have put her jacket on her.

Often we pass a fellow on our walks and it always seems to be cold when we see him. He says "Is it January yet? Cheese and crackers!". Haha. I've nicknamed him "Mr. January". I wonder if we saw him today if he would have said "Is it December yet?".

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

Exercise is the closest thing to a miracle drug we have...

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit

I am really happy tomorrow is my day off from exercise. I went skating last night and was there for longer than normal. I was also skating faster than I usually do. This morning my workout felt hard but I burned more calories than I typically do. And boy! Have I ever been tired for the rest of the day. I also woke up with a stiff neck. Fingers crossed that it goes away soon.

This morning was quite the odyssey for us with regards to our banking needs. Weirdly, all of the bricks and mortar banks I use have closed their branches in my immediate sphere. The account my daughter was using for savings wants to charge her $5 a month inactivity fee. I guess they don't actually want her to use it to save. We went to the nearest new location to close it. Despite the hours on the door, they were not open. So we went to the one 10 minutes further down the road. It took forever but we got it closed. Then took the cashier's check to deposit it in the other account. My 10 minute detour on the way to the gym ended up taking an hour.

Tomorrow will be interesting. I haven't step on the scale since last Sunday.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit

Posting quite a bit earlier in hopes it will keep me better on track. Scale is the same this week as last so it is a possible turn around. We shall see what it says next week. It is well into the afternoon and I finally feel like I've gotten my day going. I ate more than intended this morning but as long as I pay attention, I should be able to stay on track.

So for many, many years, I had great difficulty swallowing pills and sometimes food. Then a couple of years ago, I started a ton of different supplements in an effort to improve my health so I could release this excess weight. As I've written before it worked really well for about 16 months until the slide I have been in for the last five months. As an added bonus, I was able swallow pills easily again. However in the last two weeks, my difficulty swallowing has returned. My supplement regiment is pretty much the same. I am trying to figure out what has changed.

Exercise- TBD
    Calories- TBD

EDIT:
    Exercise
    Calorie Deficit

Is it January yet?!? It snowed 4" today and it is still coming down!

My 'tech' cat was at it again. I call her my tech cat because she literally fix an old printer I had. It didn't work for a few months. Then she monkeyed with it and it started working again. Well, today she taught me about 'filter keys'. I still don't know what they are suppose to do but she turned them on. When I would try to type, my computer would make a clicking noise for every key stroke and would not type anything. I had to use my phone to look up how to shut the filter keys setting off- LOL!

There is one 'tech' tip I use for this site. (This one is not from the cat.) Just before I post, I hit CTRL A and then CTRL C. It copies my post for me in case I am logged out and didn't realize it. If I am, when I log back in I press CTRL V to paste my post.

Exercise
    Calorie Neutral

So a while ago, I read this quote that said something like - The goal of life is not to make it to the grave perfectly preserved. It is to skid in sideways yelling {expletive of your choice}! What a ride!

I think of this quote pretty much every day when I am sliding back into my desk chair in a hurry after taking a walking or going ice skating in the middle of the work day. It smooths over the mild feeling of guilt I feel for taking a break. Seriously, I could literally work ever waking moment but what is the point of that?

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit

So my two dogs, 50-60 pounds each, and my cat have developed a new game. She leads them on a merry chase. They sound like a herd of elephants running through the house and up and down the stairs. The cat is very smart and has plenty of places to hide and timeout spots. One of her favorite routes is to lead them behind the sofa. She squeezes through where the sofa touches the wall. Then she comes around and sits down to watch the dogs who are still looking for her. It is hilarious! She is sly like a fox.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit
  • 634... EDIT: 635 (need to remember to count up when I am over...)

Here I am - quite late for this post. Yesterday was a long one because I had to go skating in the evening instead of my lunch hour. It through my day off. Yesterday, I ruined my whole day in about 10 minutes too. I even had a internal argument with myself. In the end, I lost or rather my diet lost. Maybe next time I can get it turned around.

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

Ducks! We have ducks! A pair of ducks have been hanging around in our front yard under the bird feeder. I am hoping they stay. About ten years ago when my daughter was a preschooler, we had a pair that stayed on our front lawn for most of the summer. She loved watching them and would sometimes use her little toy binoculars to watch them.

I barely made a calorie deficit today. I made a lot of tough but good decisions. I wish the deficit was more reflective of the tough choices.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit
  • So, the scale was a bit of a bully this morning with a ridiculous three pound jump. Usually, the daily gains don't get to me but I was already grumpy this morning. I had a nice lunch and made good choices. I truly ate plenty and it was balanced. I have been very hungry since finishing lunch almost two hours ago now. Hungry enough to be have excess saliva production that increases when I think about food so unlikely to be all mental or emotional. I've been wearing a tight belt for the last hour and a half as well doing other things to keep myself distracted. Trying my best to white knuckle through this. It needs to be acknowledged this is abnormal and beyond the struggle a typical person has while dieting. It really stinks!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
    EDIT-

So I managed to make it to dinner. Picked my dinner in a rush and it was much higher in calories than I thought. Essentially gave up for the rest of the evening to end the day over on my calorie count- again.

To clarify regarding my good choices yesterday, I had two meals yesterday and one snack. Both meals were salads with a protein and a reasonable calorie count. The snack was about a third of the size of what I would have liked.

Exercise
    Calorie Overage

So, I know what I want (to be healthier by losing the excess weight). I know at least six methods of losing weight (CICO, WW, Keto, Atkins, IF, Mediterranean). However, I am unable to be successful at my goal. I've tried so many things conventional and odd ball. Big changes, small changes, medium changes have not worked. I just cannot seem to find my way. Tenacity is not an issue because I am still here despite my difficulties. How do I develop the skills to be successful?

Rest
    Calorie Overage