1520 days to go...

You're on Page 27 of 34
Go to
  • Breakfast Check-in: On track. I have plan for the day and there are no sweets in the house to over indulge on.

Final Edit: Off track. I'm starting sound like a broken record. At least I have the exercise bit in place. There was a study ages ago that showed people who started exercising and then worked on their diet were more likely to keep the weight off.

It was cold and rainy today and on the verge of becoming sleet. I went out walking anyway. I don't have a proper coat for weather like this. I have one that is good enough for this type of weather. However, the zipper is broken but I still wore it. It really bothers me because the rest of the jacket is fine so it seems so wasteful to throw it away. Even if I donated it, the charity would just put it into the landfill. In the end, I think I probably looked quite daft out in weather like that with a half zipped coat. I was determined. Now to round up enough determination with regards to my diet. It's not over until it is over.

Days Left:590

Exercise
    Calorie Overage
  • Breakfast Check-in: On track. LOL- it is easy to be on track first thing in the morning. It 5:00 pm and after when things go to pot. Perhaps I needed to be more strict. Instead of looking at the day as a whole, I need to look at each meal (and snack) as compared to what I planned. Losing this weigh is really important to me and I need to pull this together.

Final Edit: Blah!

Days Left:591

Exercise
    Calorie Overage
  • Breakfast Check-in: On track. I slept pretty well last night but I am having a hard time getting myself going this morning. I need to leave for the bank and gym in a few minutes. So by "blah" yesterday, I meant that I had carefully calculated everything and made changes to my choices so I would stay on track. Unfortunately, one of the cells in my spreadsheet was cleared out. I suspect my cat helped me with that. I discovered the error when I was putting in the final bits of information and of course by then it was too late. Hence, I summarized it with "Blah".

Lunch Edit: On track/Off track. Calorie wise I am still on track but will have to be careful with what I eat for dinner. I am off track because I ate more than I planned for lunch.

Dinner/ Final Edit: Off track. I planned so carefully but in the end was really hungry after dinner. On the bright side, there are no longer any stale marshmallows in my house- LOL. Need to figure out a better plan for times like this.

Days Left:592

Exercise
    Calorie Overage
  • Had a better day today. Actually, being on track on my 'rest' day is huge! Went to the grocery store and bought lots of healthy fruits and veggies. I had intended to wash them and cut them up but didn't quite get that far. I've made a list of what has worked for me in the past and I am working on incorporating what I can into what I am doing now.

I must figure out how to accomplish my goal.

Rest
    Calorie Deficit
  • Had a good day today. Well, the multiple times a day check-in didn't quite do what I wanted it to. So, it is on pause for now. I had a new idea last night. I did a search on yoga poses for appetite control. Lo and behold there were some results. Unfortunately, yoga is very hard for me because of my feet. I will have to give some thought on how to modify the recommended poses to try some of them.

Days Left:590

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit
  • Had a good day today and was able to go ice skating. I watch a cable TV show about people who are literally hundreds of pounds overweight. The doctor on the show said something I thought was really interesting. He said at their weight they are either gaining weight or losing weight. They are not staying the same weight. I wonder what weight or BMI that starts at.

Days Left:589

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit
  • I haven't been here (# of days left) for a week! This is progress! Ate a big dinner but still on track. Hoping to keep going strong.

A giant snowstorm is headed this way and the total snowfall may be measured in feet! I'll be out walking in it- LOL. Maybe I'll get my cross country skis out again. A couple of weeks ago, I took them out in my backyard and could barely do it. I can't believe I use to be able to ski for miles. At a crossroads, I either need to keep working at it or to just give it up.

Days Left:588

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit
  • Standing still for a day is okay.

Days Left:588 (no change)

Exercise
    Calorie Neutral
  • Wait! I've been here before....

Days Left:589

Exercise
    Calorie Overage
  • Totally forgot to post for yesterday.

No further comment...

Days Left:591 ↑ (up 2 days since it was two days since the last post)

Exercise

Calorie Overage
  • On 11Nov2020, I was really excited because I had broken through a weight loss barrier that I have come across several times in the past. This is it! I thought. This will be the time I do it. I will work really hard in December- that didn't pan out. Repeat for January. February was a lot of flailing around that also resulted in a gain. Now I am facing a solid ten pound gain. I feel like I don't know what happened. Sure there were contributing factors like the gyms and ice rinks being shut down due to COVID but that's not the whole story.

I am definitely on the skids and I am not doing many of things I was doing. Trying to stop this free fall everyday, every meal, every snack but not able to control my impulsive eating.

Exercise
    Calorie Overage
  • There was actually the tiniest calorie deficit so it really is essentially calorie neutral. I'll take it though!

It was really hard to work into my schedule but I went ice skating today! Although I am really frustrated and so disappointed in myself for not being able to get this together, I still think about what I can do or try next to get back on track. Lifestyle change my foot! I had changed so many things and it took an instant for them to revert back!

Days Left:592 (no change)

Exercise
    Calorie Neutral
  • Going skating tomorrow even though it is a very tight squeeze in my schedule. Going skiing this weekend.

Exercise
    Calorie Deficit
  • Not sure if I posted this already or not but I wanted to go into more detail about what happens when I go to bed feeling hungry. Feel free to gloss over if this is a duplicate post.

First off, it takes me a really long time to fall asleep. While I'm trying to fall asleep, I think of all the foods I really wanted to eat in the past few days but didn't. Then I think about all of the foods I would like to eat. Eventually, I fall asleep dreaming I am eating something really tasty. I try to take bite and wake up because nothing is there. At which point, I repeat the cycle until I finally stay asleep.

Exercise
    Calorie Overage
  • Gone skiing