I'd love to give up booze forever

• Hi all,

I used to drink at least twice a week last year but since eating more healthily I realized my new habits would be ruined if I continue drinking like that. This year I just had drinks last Sunday and I didn't even want it then. Another reason is that I wake up in middle of the night after a few drinks and feel this panic/ anxiety I would ideally love to never drink again but maybe specially occasions would be ok . I just don't want to be overweight due to empty calories!!
    I'll let you know how I get on

Tara
  • Good luck Tara!

I gave up drinking for good 16 months ago and I'll never go back! What I have gained in terms of quality of life, having the energy to do things on weekends, not having anxiety/the fear and saving money has been incredible and I'll never drink again. Knowing that I'll never have another hangover or have to wonder how I got home is a wonderful feeling too! If you want to do some reading up on how good it is to take a break from drinking the book "The unexpected joy of being sober" is really good.

Lis x
  • Hi Lis,

thanks for your reply. That's great that you are enjoying life alcohol free. It sounds really great. I have cut down but I still really want to give it up . Hoping to do it now xx

Tara
  • Hi Tara,
    Just wandered if you are still managing to reduce your alcohol intake? I used to drink before kids, but over the last 10 years I only drink on special occasions and have recently even managed to almost stop drinking coffee and tea too. It is possible ,but I found the first few weeks of giving these up the hardest. I also saved the money I used to spend on these too, to realise how much I was wasting on drinks...That made me feel like it is was more worthwhile along with the health benefits. Good luck!