2020 Foresight: Maintainers Chat for 2020

You're on Page 1 of 24
Go to
  • Greetings to all, and Happy New Year! Welcome to the maintainers' chat thread.

My weight-related goal for this year is to eat healthy, exercise more, and keep my vitamin D level in the normal range. If you have any goals you'd like to post, go right ahead!
  • P.S. I have closed the old thread and put a link there.
  • Welcome to 2020. Thanks for starting the new thread, JayEll.
  • Happy 2020, all! The year for good hindsight, foresight, and insight. May we all have it.
  • Quote: Happy 2020, all! The year for good hindsight, foresight, and insight. May we all have it.
    I second that!

Thanks for starting the thread Jayell!

Dagmar
  • Surely there are more than four of us left...
  • Quote: Surely there are more than four of us left...
    I don't think there are more than 4-5 that post regularly here. Shannon set up a Fb page and she's mostly there as is Michele. I was invited to join that group and did but I don't really practice maintenance they way they do.

Bill Could you tell us if there is a minimum number of members required for a 3FC group to continue?

Thanks!
    Dagmar
  • I am also in the FB group, but I don't like FB and don't go on there much. I prefer this format.
  • Quote: Bill Could you tell us if there is a minimum number of members required for a 3FC group to continue?
    Dagmar,

The members of this group have a zillion posts among them. It's a most welcome group on 3FC - going all the way back to Meg who was first to introduce Maintenance to 3FC. There is not a notion of a minimum number to retain the status of a named group. May it live forever.
  • Quote: Dagmar,

The members of this group have a zillion posts among them. It's a most welcome group on 3FC - going all the way back to Meg who was first to introduce Maintenance to 3FC. There is not a notion of a minimum number to retain the status of a named group. May it live forever.
    Thank you Bill. I will keep posting here - this is "home".

Dagmar
  • First Sunday of the New Year. We have been eating up a storm, it seems like. And yet my partner still weighs 126. Life is unfair in every way!
  • JayEll,, I have managed to maintain over the holidays, but only by trying to keep holiday food out of the house and sometimes hiding things from myself in my husband's closet Of course, I still have the 5 pounds I have been wanting gone for a couple of years now. I don't even ask DH his weight - he seems to be fat & happy.
  • Quote: JayEll,, I have managed to maintain over the holidays, but only by trying to keep holiday food out of the house and sometimes hiding things from myself in my husband's closet Of course, I still have the 5 pounds I have been wanting gone for a couple of years now. I don't even ask DH his weight - he seems to be fat & happy.
    My DH is now fat and unhappy. His weight is finally starting to have a significant impact on his overall ability to function. He joined a gym before Christmas and was going regularly before he got the killer coughing virus that's going around Toronto. The holiday is over for him today so I'm hoping he will adopt healthier eating/drinking habits as well as the gym.

i haven't weighed myself yet and won't do so until near the end of the month. I'm doing well at the dogsit but I did eat a lot of sweet snacks over the holidays. I want to wait until that weight is gone before getting my first "true" weight in 2020. No point in depressing myself right at the start of a fresh new decade of maintenance!

Dagmar
  • I'm here! Thanks for starting the new thread, Jay.

I have to get my eating back under control for 2020. That is my first big goal. I've kept my exercise pretty on point, for all the good that has done me.
  • Quote: I'm here! Thanks for starting the new thread, Jay.

I have to get my eating back under control for 2020. That is my first big goal. I've kept my exercise pretty on point, for all the good that has done me.
    IMO it's better to be physically fit and overweight than not fit and overweight..

Dagmar