2020 - The Worldlie Chicks Begin A Fresh Year

You're on Page 10 of 10
Go to
  • Yard work and playing with the sis's grand children is my world right now.

Happy
    So sorry you had such a bad fall. Continue to get well.

Hello's to the rest.
  • I know that you are probably somewhat quarantined now Ceejay but are you getting used to and liking your new area? Or did you not get out enough to explore it before everything closed up? Have fun with the kids. And the lawn - you seem to enjoy the gardening stuff.
  • Happy
    Yes we still have some limitations and I'm making sure that I wear a mask when i have to get out. but so far I like my new surroundings. I'm familiar with a lot of things as this is where I came on Sunday's. It's' almost out in the country and I really like that part. There is a farm next door that will sometimes have cow's in the pasture. I can look one way and see the barns and silo's and the other way just an open pasture.
  • Just a quick post.
    Happy I had cellulitis about a year ago. It was horrible. I went down to the hospital and got a dose of antibiotic and then had the Hospital@home service for a week. It still didn't disappear completely so my doctor put me onto some more antibiotics with strict instructions to elevate the leg and rest. It's gone now but left a few reminders of different colours in the foot and leg. Hope yours gets better very soon.

Ceejay, nice to see you back and posting. Sounds like you have a nice place where you now are. It's good to be out of cities especially with this virus around that no-one seems to want to take seriously. Here we are on the other side of it with few deaths and fewer new cases - mostly none most days. But we are very aware of how this can pop up at any time and become another epidemic. Slowly does it.

Gotta go. A trip to the hardware store, garden centre, grocery store and chemist is in my future and I don't want to be there when the crowds get in.
  • It's Me Annie
    Howdie All….Not going to lie, this whole virus thing had me so messed up in the head. I am now getting used to it, I think. Believe it or not I am essential and have been coming into work every day. We are bank related (financial) and if the stock market is open so are we. We do have the place shut down to walk ins and clients. Everyone is working from home (about 55) except the 8 of us in the office. Luckily the floor is big enough we do not see each other or cross paths. So there is that. The 8 of us are receiving hazard pay, not much but I will take it.C is staying healthy. He is out there considered essential delivering bread/cake etc to the groceries. He worries me most as having a recent co-morbidities (diabetes and heart) he is sure to die if he gets the virus all the while bringing it home to us. Please let this thing pass and get vaccines out there.We celebrated Royce’s 6th birthday and he is promoted to the 1st grade. Sheesh where did that time go. Thank God E-learning is over. What a nightmare that was. Ro is full of sh*t and a handful. Fears nothing. Altho he is the most loving of the two grands.Jacob is promoted to the 3rd grade and will change schools if they get to go back to school in the fall. The school is next door to the one they both go to now. Ro will stay where he is. Then 4th grade Jacob will go back to the one they are at now. This redistricting thing is just nuts. Jacob hated E-learning and I believe he did better in person at school. He was more interested in getting on x-box play station than e-learning. Sadly they are both mostly restricted from playing on x-box for fighting with each other or talking back to adults. (Samantha and me) 6 and 8 are rough ages for kids, especially boys. I will be COMPLETELY nuts before long.My wrist is giving me fits again. (the one I broke). The cortisone shot stopped working after 8 months. I go back to the ortho June 19. Hopefully he can give it another shot of cortisone rather than having surgery. I have a rath of doc appts in June due to all the virus shutdowns and appts being rescheduled. It will be a busy month.The big 6-0 is just around the corner. Sadly we have to get older just to retire and have no health to do anything. Only 7 more years till retirement. Don’t know how I am going to stand this job until then. Guess I will have to. Especially because of the insurance. Must have it. Got Cs hospital bill down to 1500. Left to pay. Big jump from 8K. I could pay it off but don’t want to give them my fun money. Haha, who has that? Sassy had another bout with her back and was back on steroids most of April and most of May. Done with those and she is doing ok for now. Bruno is just Bruno, more like Eeyore. He is so mellow and sweet. We have morning coffee and love. We are the only ones up at 4:45 am.Not doing personals but have read all the posts. Tried to wish those with birthdays either on FB or text messages or both. Hope everyone had great birthdays. Stay safe and healthy.
  • Well that didn't copy and paste well.
  • and holy crud HAPPY. Hope you get your leg back in shape. That is awful. Hugs
  • Oh and since Jan 15 I am down 17.2 lbs. It is taking me longer than ever before to lose weight. I am ok with that cause as long as I am trying to lose and have a goal, it is much easier than maintenance to me. Maintaining is harder for me. I did lose my initial hopeful goal of 15 lbs by May 15. My next goal is 5 lbs by July 4, which I am 2.2 lbs loss to the 5 lbs. Fingers crossed. Then my next goal will be 5 more by Labor day in Sept. My final goal is 155-159. Sounds good anyway. This project should keep me busy for months on end. hahaha.
  • Hello all. TGIF!!! Even though it’s been a short week, it’s been sort of tough for me. I’ve been having trouble focusing on work and have had to really push myself to be productive.

The nitwit #2 person in our department has lately been sending emails that make her sound like she’s the department head and it’s just plain annoying. Not to mention her emails are always five times wordier than they should be. And there’s always at least one spelling/grammar error contained in them. When we were in the office, she mostly kept to herself and really never bothered interacting with me or the admin unless she needed something. Now she’s writing these bossy emails, and we think it’s because she’s trying to prove to the boss that she’s being productive while WFH. She copies him on just about everything. She must be setting herself up to WFH on a permanent basis even after we get the go-ahead to return to the office. She claims she took this job – 6+ years ago now – with the impression from the boss’s boss that she would be able to WFH some of the time. The boss has never embraced WFH and only grudgingly agrees to it for limited occasions. So instead of addressing the issue with the boss, she’s just whined about it to her co-workers, which is annoying. If she really wanted WFH, she should have said something! I myself never felt a need or much of a desire to WFH…but now that I’m doing it, I’ve really come to appreciate getting back that 2+ hours a day of commute and “getting ready for work” time. I could definitely see myself doing WFH on a regular basis. Anyway, #2 person is being more annoying than usual and it’s a distraction I don’t need.

I’m happy that the weather has cleared – it’s clear and sunny today. The temps have cooled off too – upper 60’s right now. I can tolerate low 80’s temps – during the SUMMER. Last week, over the weekend, and through yesterday we had 80’s, humidity, clouds, rain – bleh. BF finally turned off the AC and opened some windows sometime in the middle of last night. Ahhh. I’ve got one of my office windows open and I can look out and see a lot of green, and my purple irises are in bloom. J

Our library has come up with a contactless pick-up process and I have a couple things on hold to pick up next Tuesday during my 5-5:30 pickup window. We also have a few books to return – waiting to hear about the process for that. And I’m happy to report that I have a hair appointment next Wednesday after work! Waiting on an email for instructions about that, though I’m getting a touch up, and there’s no shampoo done before that. I wonder how the process may change in that case, as they’ll still have to do a shampoo afterwards to rinse out the color before I get my cut. You know I’ll jump through all the hoops to get my hair done because it so needs it!

Nothing much else to report. Last Saturday I bought a giant shopping cart through an online garage sale. The woman selling it was in the next town to the north of us and is moving to California. She was on the ground floor of an apartment building, and she was able to just hoist the cart over the patio wall to me. Convenient. My mom still has a small cart I bought her (also used), but it turned out to be way too small to be useful, so I never even bothered to get it from her to keep with me for when I need it to drop groceries off at her place. (Now that she’s not going shopping with me and I go directly to the stores.) Anyway, I wiped the new cart down with Clorox wipes on Sunday. I shopped for my mom the next day - Monday/Memorial Day - and dropped groceries off using the big cart. So much easier!!! It’s a keeper. Spent a few minutes on mom’s balcony setting up a couple chairs and sitting down for a few minutes. She has a pretty view from her balcony – greenery, flowers, ponds, etc. I wish she would spend more time out there.

Monday afternoon, I went for a looong bike ride on a trail I’d never been on (20+ miles, counting cycling to/from the trailhead). Now that I’ve experienced it, it’s unlikely I’d ride it again. The pavement is odd – in some spots, there’s a lot of seams or breaks in the asphalt where you can see the concrete below it. Doesn’t make for a smooth ride. And it’s not a wooded path, so the sun beats down. I was lucky on my way home to have a bit of cloud cover and only hazy sunshine to deal with. I did get to my destination (Happy, FYI – my destination was Lake Arlington), though I managed to take a wrong turn in the short distance between the end of the bike trail and my final destination. I got directions from a nice person and finally got there - the path surrounding a lake. The park had entrances closed off, but it really doesn’t keep people out who want to get in…so there were a few people on bikes and on foot…and me. I only rode a wee bit before I stopped on a bench to rest for a few minutes. I decided I wouldn’t ride my bike around the lake because I had a long ride back home. But it’s a nice spot and hope to get back there sometime. I’ll try to remember to attach a photo I took.

Yesterday we got the new window well cover for the new well. So that’s done. On to the next project, whatever that will be.

Nothing much else to report. Things are starting to open up in our state, so starting today restaurants with patio seating can open up for patio business. I’m interested in when the forest preserve parking lots will be open on weekends so I can drive to whatever bike path I choose. == I haven’t watched much of the coverage, but it’s horrible to hear what’s happening in Minnesota with the violent protests and riots, etc. stemming from the death of man during his arrest. Scary stuff.

==

On to personals:

Jollygirl – Yes, be grateful for the job and its income. == Don’t ever give up on the getting fit and healthy!!! The rewards are well worth the effort.

Shad – We have all kinds of squabbling over here (feds vs states vs counties vs municipalities) about aid for businesses, and states that have opened up vs. those that haven’t…what a mess. Many lessons to be learned from this, that’s for sure. == As for the home improvements – we haven’t done much the past several years, so I hope to play catchup the next couple. It’s an old house and we really should be keeping on top of the maintenance better than we have been.

Happy – I hope the cellulitis has responded to the meds and it’s cleared out and the leg feels better by now. == I’m so sorry to hear that all the ATV traffic is ruining the peace and quiet of your area. That was the whole point of living there! == Has the Baltimore Oriole made another appearance yet? I haven’t been on FB much to check out your dh’s photos the past few days. == Have you decided on the patio furniture? Makes you think more carefully about it when a new shed will have to be part of the purchase so there’s a spot to store it all! Everything gets so horribly dirty when it’s left outdoors – even when you think you’ve done a good job of covering it all up. I intend to cram all of it inside however I can – whether it’s in the shed or the basement or the garage. Even if the covers keep some of the dirt and leaves and other crud off the furniture, the covers themselves get so gross – hate dealing with them because there’s always puddles of water and spiders and other icky stuff hidden in the folds. Bleh!! And we have yet to purchase a pressure washer. BF will be insistent on buying a fancy gas version and I think it’s more than we need – an electric one is probably sufficient, right? I just want to be able to rinse off stuff that’s outdoors - patio furniture, patio/sidewalks/driveway, brick exterior walls, soffit, fascia, some windows… I don’t feel like we need anything super heavy duty to get rid of dirt, spider webs, etc. (Anyone have any thoughts on this??)

Ceejay – I’m glad you’re being safe when you go out and about. Your new surroundings sound beautiful. My mom’s house in Springfield backed up onto a pasture and it was pretty, and nice to see sunsets and cows, though the last few years before she sold, the pasture owner stopped keeping cows there.

Annie – Good to see you post! == I get how concerned you must be about C’s work situation – it’s a physically hard job and out with the public on a constant basis, and he’s more vulnerable due to age and health issues. Hope he’s getting plenty of rest and is keeping diligent with the PPE and other measures to keep himself and the family virus-free. == Wow, how time flies – 1st grade and 3rd grade. I do not envy you keeping those energetic boys from going bonkers through this social distancing AND e-learning. Yikes! == Poor Sassy, glad she’s okay right now. == Sorry your wrist is giving you problems. I hope another shot does the job. == I too have a bunch of medical appointments to make to catch up on screenings, etc. I better get busy with that. == I understand trying to hang in with the job to keep insurance coverage, and there’s so much uncertainty about having enough to retire to cover insurance premiums and medical expenses… I’m trying to hang in with my job, as I don’t see the point of making a change at this stage in the game. Let’s just be grateful for our jobs and their benefits and slog our way through it! == Big congrats on the weight loss!! You need to pop in here more frequently to tell us how you’re doing and give me some motivation and/or a kick in the butt.

Hi Susie! How are you?

Okay, better get this posted and grab some lunch. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Stay healthy!!

• Hello! It was so nice to sit and read everyones posts and catch up with everyone.

Thank you all for your prayers for Genny, she had a good report! Cancer free. After her appointment we stopped at Cracker Barrell for dinner. It was the first day in Ohio for resturants to be open for limited inside dinning.

We enjoyed the food and looking around in the shop. It wasn't crowded at all.

We have a big change in our houshold; a week ago on Friday, DH's employeer informed it was his last day to work for him. They cant get anyone to work in finish except them, and so they are outsourcing his job to a company in Dayton

They said they would give him two weeks severance, and wouldn't fight his unemployment and asked if they could do anything else for him. He told him he would like a letter or recommendation and his vacation time paid out to him. They said ok.

We have the unemployment in place, got the notice yesterday it was approved.

His work called yesterday and said they said, they would pay half of his vacation. They had the Admin call. DH said to her that is not what the boss and he discussed and to please have the boss call him. No call yet.

DH turns 65 in December and we were trying so hard for him to hang in there until then....it just ticks me off. He worked there 14 years.

My PT is going pretty well. I am starting to get a bigger range of motion and my shoulder is not sore all the time now.

I have about 4 more weeks. I go twice a week and I have daily exercise to do at home.

I know I am working from home through the month of June. They are talking we could go back after that. We would go one week and then the next week, work from home and keep rotating that. Personally, I would like to keep working from home.

I am getting a pedicure on Monday and a full cut, die job and waxing on June 6.

I am very excited!

Also my TOPS in-person meetings resume on Thursday.

Happy: I hope the cellulites is quickly cleared up.

I enjoy seeing your DH's pictures on Facebook. The bears are fasinating to me

Shad:as usual you are keeping yourself busy with projects. I see on Facebook you have started doing some baking. It all looks delicious.

Saying prayers and good thoughts for your upcoming checkup.

Ceejay: it is nice to see you here. I am happy to hear you are enjoying your new location.

Jollygirl: keep it up with the focus of working out and keeping track of food.

I do pretty well with exercise and as long as I dont have chips in the house I do well, but sometimes I just want them so I can have them with a sandwich. I had them in the house this past week and did pretty well with them. I didnt have a gain but I didnt have a loss.

Annie: I was so excited to see your post!

I had no idea you were working in the office. With all the people in your house it might be nice to go into the office for a beak? Lol

Good job on the weight loss!

I am glad to hear C is still working but I understand the concern about his health and being in the stores.

Laura: it sounds like you are doing just fine with working from home. I echo what you said about not missing the commute. I feel the same way. I now work and when I shut down for the day, I am not exhausted.

You have a knack for finding such useful things when you you "shop" at yardsales or online sales. I am glad to hear the bigger cart worked well.

I am sure it is a relief to get the basement to a dry state. Now on to the next project. When you own a home there is always a next project.
  • DON'T POST HERE ANYMORE. I set up a new thread.

Click me to be transported over