Winter to Spring Challenge 2020

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Inspired by boopchick's challenge last Summer, I now bring you theWinter to Spring Challenge, which runs from today, December 22nd until the first day of Spring, March 19th, 2020.
    For me, the first day of spring will also mark 2 years since I started this journey. How did that happen?

Whether you are looking to lose weight or maintain, all are welcome. Feel free to join in at any time.

Post your starting and goal weights and your weekly progress on your day of choice.

Feel free to join me again in the spreadsheet:WINTER to SPRING Challenge
  • I set my goal as a modest 165, because I'd just like to get moving the right direction again. I saw as low as 167.6 this fall, but have slowly crept back up to the 172 range over the last 2 months. I need to kick it back into the forward gear and drop a few pounds this season.

Good luck everyone.
  • March 1 will be my 1 year anniversary. And lately, I'm lucky to see a 1/2 lb a week loss average. So I'll aim for 10 lbs by Spring 2020. Holidays will be over, days will be getting longer, and I'm going to try for about a 1lb a week loss. And a short vacation to Disney in January hopefully won't disrupt my momentum.

SW 167.5
    Challenge GW 157

Thanks Lacerta for starting this new challenge. I find these helpful to keep me accountable.
  • Good luck everyone! I know this is the hardest time to keep accountable but we can do it!
  • Thank you for setting this up Lacerta! Best of luck everyone!

SW: 186.6
    GW: 170.0 <- Because I haven't seen that number on the scale in a decade. Might as well kick off 2020 right!
  • I'll be joining you guys!!!

SW: 183.6
    GW: 168.6
  • So it really is true that a picture is worth a thousand words. One of the things that spurred my initial weight loss was a picture of me holding one of my son's dogs. I was kind of shocked by just how much of me there was. I had honestly never seen myself like that despite having mirrors and other pictures at the time. Over the Christmas holiday, there were some candid photos taken, one of which was me on the same couch, surrounded by all my granddogs. First, I look so happy! Second, there's a lot less of me now. Third, I need new clothes! I honestly thought the XL dress I wore fit fine. I was happy with how I looked when I left the house. But obviously, it no longer fits and needs to be put in the donate bag. So those of you who question your hard work or your progress, it's real! Try to find a photo from a year ago and look at how much progress you've made. It's a great ego booster!
  • My weigh ins are on Mondays but I checked the post holiday gain today. Up 1 lb which isn’t too bad considering. Let’s see if I can lose it in 48 hrs.
  • SW 167.5
    Challenge GW 157

Dec 30 166.5 (-1)
    Jan 6
    Jan 13
    Jan 20
    Jan 27
    Feb 3
    Feb 10
    Feb 17
    Feb 24
    Mar 2
    Mar 9
    Mar 16
    Mar 19

I caught the creeping crud from someone. Ugh. I'm too miserable to eat, nothing tastes good, whine whine whine. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy new year!
  • I'm not weighing in every day right now, so I'm calling today's weight my official end of year. 173.4. So about 6 pounds up from the lowest I've seen. Realized today that November and December lost almost all the progress I made in October. So Fall was basically a wash for me. Winter isn't off to a great start. Need to really get into gear and at least start moving the right way.
  • Joining again, making a very realistic goal since I am still in physical therapy and can't workout so I really need to focus on changing my diet.

SW: 286
    GW: 270
  • Back on the boards...Gotta get back at it.
    SW : 205
    GW: 190
  • Welcome momtopands and boatingmommy ! New Year, new you!
    Lacerta, you'll beat this! You've come so far and now your goal is in spitting distance. Hang in there. Looks like you, WZin and I are all in a similar pattern.
    WZin metabolism is the worst! I think in one of your posts you mentioned perimenopausal changes, I'm right with you there. I'll be officially menopausal in May so this whole weight loss has been during that time. I've noticed that as I get closer to what I hope will be my goal weight that it is harder and harder to drop even 1/2 lb a week. And even looking at salty foods causes me to retain water. But I'll keep plodding along because even with slow losses, I'm moving in the right direction.

This is officially a NyQuil New Years, so back to bed with my tissues and a cup of tea.
  • SW: 183.6
    GW: 168.6

***I will weigh-in on Fridays!! :-)***

JANUARY
    wk 1(1/3) - 181.6
    wk 2 (1/10) - scale broke :-(
    wk 3 (1/17) - 185
    wk 4 (1/24) -
    wk 5 (1/31) -

FEBRUARY
    wk 6 (2/7) -
    wk 7 (2/14) -
    wk 8 (2/21) -
    wk 9 (2/28) -

MARCH
    wk 10 (3/6) -
    wk 11 (3/13) -
    wk 12 (3/20) -
    wk 13 (3/27) -

• Happy New Year everyone!

I had a huge cheat day New Years Eve, but even with that I'm down 1 pound, I can't believe it lol I've been going to the gym regularly for a month now too!