November 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 1 of 20
Go to
  • Hi, Everyone! Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

Here's to the start of a great month!
  • November 2019
    Hi!

Thanks for starting a new thread Diana.

Nancy. I am thinking of you. I opened a mixed bag of tootsie rolls, etc. It was not a good day. I should have waited until today. I am better off just eating a little sundae or a small frappe.
    Muse: I am still thinking about your health system not having enough medication. I wonder how UK people are coping without their scripts. I wonder if there is not enough money allotted for meds/med prices have increased greatly... Oh, I have know people who quit their job because they were so overwhelmed and then their employer had to hire 2 people to handle the work.

I had a root canal done about a year ago....I am finally getting around to getting a permanent crown made...hopefully.

EXERCISE: I did not exercise 2 days ago, but I biked last night and did a couple hours of gardening. I really need to get out and do a lot more gardening today...and weight lifting and biking.
    Diet: okay except an inordinate amount of tootsie rolls and a frappe. Not good...Yeah. The trick-or-treaters come tonight!
    OTHER: I did a little sorting.

• Thanks Diana for starting this thread and hello Terri.

It's still October here in the UK, you must be East of me. I wonder where you are? Oh I have been binge eating, last night and tonight....silly me. I was feeling overwhelmed by everything, and all the work I can't manage to do, and reached for a favourite food.......
    Terri that's a long time before you got your crown...
    Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow will try to eat moderately and if feeling better will exercise. Don't worry Terri, I have all the medicines I need and a hospital appointment in March now.
    Have a great month! Happy Halloween.
  • Welcome back, everyone!
  • Good morning
    Yesterday I met my goals. Intake was 1150. I transported an injured red-tailed hawk to a raptor expert yesterday. I've mentioned before that I am a wildlife rehabilitator. Today I'm hosting two friends for a Scrabble game. Will be making (or rather baking a premade Dutch apple pie) so will need to be careful with that.

Today's goals: veggies, fiber, 1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water.
  • Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Friday!

Back at it today. I am going back to daily weighing. My focus again, will be to avoid free food, bites, licks, etc. Also, to be more consistent on my workouts. I workout most days, but I tend to be really busy and end up skipping days. I need to be more consistent with my longer workouts, too. A lot to focus on but these are the things that work for me.

ETA: I have also been struggling with binging. This is something I want to get far, far away from.

Last night: Basic Stretch
    This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: Unknown, went to the fair
    Weigh In: 196 (I may have an additional bump up tomorrow since food was consumed later than normal)
    Up: 6.6 pounds (again, this is from a recent binge, DH's birthday, and the fair. I think this would have been much higher if I hadn't monitored the sodium and food for DH's dinner out and last night at the fair. )

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 1

Hebrews 6:10
    For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.

What a great reward! Robin had never looked so good. All her months of dieting paid off royally. It was beautiful to see the expressions on people's faces when they saw her. She couldn't wait to go out to show herself off. God had certainly blessed her through the rough time of dieting. There were days when she decided it just wasn't worth it. Now, she could hardly believe she ever had doubts. Looking in the mirror, she even surprised herself. She never thought she'd look this good. When we dedicate ourselves to doing things that are right and good to do, God is sure to bless us and reward us for our labors.

Today's thought: Improvement comes with practice. I can even get good at dieting!
  • November 2019
    Good Morning!

It's a new month. Yeah! Hope you all got rid a lot of you know what last night.

Rachel, when you work with wild animals, do you worry about diseases? There's a wildlife center nearby that rehabs birds, etc. and also takes in stray dogs. I wonder how safe it is to work there.

Muse, do you celebrate Halloween in England? About the crown...it's a long story.

Diana: Like you, I have skipped workouts (the last couple days...)

It was blustery and rainy last night, so there were not as many trick-or-treaters. I gave everyone double the candy...There is still some left. Some had a costume that outlined their body in lights. They looked like a 2-D Gumby. They did not come to my house, so I could not ask what they were...It was so windy, I was afraid that the glass door would swing back and hit the railing and break...
  • Wildlife
    Teri, thanks for your question about whether I worry about disease when working with wildlife? YES! There are precautions to take when working with wild animals. Any wildlife center should run under strict protocols of infectious disease control: cleaning, disinfecting, isolation, vaccinations, proper housing, etc. are all included in this. Any wildlife rehabilitator should have training in this area. My having a nursing background also helps.
  • Good morning to all
    Thank you Diana for being so consistant and starting the thread each month.

No WI again today, I know I am up I can tell by the feel of my jeans and blouses and the way I looked in my gym clothes ....Like you Diana binging has been a problem for me this past month and I am up at my last weigh in 2 days ago 7lb since September. Last night my binging was not as bad has it has been but still it was way too much food. I am taking in 35 ww points if I am counting right and my high should only be 23....no wonder I have been gaining at an alarming rate.

WO was good although not as strong as I am at the first of the week, even though I did not go yesterday I still feel good about it, now if this feeling of bloat would just go away (hehe well duh nancy it will when you drop those 7lbs---spoken from that evil inner voice again)

Ok todays meals, breakfast fat free greek yogurt with 1/4C granola sugar free vanilla syrup, lunch salad with ww homemade ceaser dressing and 3 hard boilded eggs, dinner shrimp with coctail sauce, snacks skinny pop popcorn. If I can stick to that today I will feel like hurdle 1 is over.

Ok need to scoot right now but back later for personals....New Month New Start
  • thanks for getting the november thread started! went for my second power walk early this afternoon. also ran errands. went to the board of elections office and voted early as tuesday will be a super busy day for me! also have been busy getting caught up on my laundry. will take the load of towels i have in the dryer out in a few minutes and put a load of clothes in. i'll also put another load in the washer.
  • Hello everyone!

I want to start by saying, thank you all for welcoming me to your thread and conversation. I live on the country side where there isn't much going on, so to me, supporting each other here is amazing! I was born into city life, but moved to the country side about 8 years ago. Don't get me wrong, the southern way of life has grown on me. I appreciate the little things a lot more. A beautiful, crisp, breezy day without extreme pollution. Being able to go on a run on a gorgeous country road, feeling like the world is your personal playground, instead of having to share a noisy, clustered road with people blocking your way. Simply put, it's peaceful here. I do also love the city for other reasons though, but making the best of what I have right now is my current approach.

I do understand the Halloween candy temptations. Teri, like you, we had a windy, dark, Halloween with only 2 sets of trick-or-treaters. I also gave them a ton of candy, hoping that most of it would be gone, but my family was not enjoying the idea of giving most of it away, so we have a heaping bowl of it on the dining room table. Lord, give me strength!

The thing is, moderation is key though, right? In order to keep our healthy lifestyle consistent, balance that we can live with for the rest of our lives is going to be the most beneficial. There is a good rule of thumb that says to eat %80 percent good, and %20 percent bad a day. I tend to eat healthy throughout the day, so I know I am getting all my nutrients and then eat a treat. I will be full enough from my good foods to not over eat on the bad.

The foundation of my salad consists of 2 boiled eggs, lettuce, avocado. Sometimes I will add cucumber, tomato and honey ham if I am feeling like it. It's simple, but I realized that I can put my boiled eggs in the fridge for the next day, since I eat them every morning. I went on a run 3 times so far this week for a mile each. I curl 2-5 pound weights 22 times (22 because I'm 22 years old) after my run, followed by push ups until failure, and then end with stretching. Music is what gets me through my entire workout.

Today, Fall weather finally decided to make an appearance. It could be a short Winter! I am looking forward to the holidays so much. Last Summer felt like it would never end.

Till next time! Good luck.

P.S. Diana, your Hebrews 6:10 post spoke to me! I have been feeling impatient in awaiting my goal weight, but after reading this, I feel like everything I am going through right now is going to pay off. I will eventually have that moment of "I made it!"
  • Hi Everyone!

Food and exercise was 100% on plan today.

Letz_Live And you are learning your way of eating. It's all a process.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 340 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories (I omitted the juice)
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (760 Calories)
    grilled salmon salad w/BHF's ranch (romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, mushrooms, shredded cheese, salmon) 700 calories
    shared w/DH a yasso peppermint bark (not sure of the name, but it's a new holiday flavor) frozen yogurt 1/2 = 60 calories

Exercise:
    ~15 Minute Standing Cardio Strength w/5's
    ~11 Minute Buns & Thighs Circuit Walk w/5's
    ~12 Minute Arms & Abs Circuit Walk w/5's
    ~1 Mile Express Abs Walk
    Later I added on 40 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Good morning
    Had fun playing scrabble yesterday. I did have pie, which I had planned to do. I took in 1600 calories yesterday.

Today's goals:
    Lift weights, veggies, fiber, calcium supplement, 1200-1300 calories, 2 liters water.
  • Hello Everybody

Like Diana and others, three days where I had a sudden binge as it started to get dark outside........was feeling like I needed to treat myself and deserved a little bit of chocolate, a little bit of that turned into massive amount. Never mind. Going through hard times in my life and the lives of others around me, sometimes I don't register 1. how sad I am 2. how hungry I am, 3. how tired I am from constant insomnia, too much work, and more and more pressures.
    So I need to pay attention to my feelings, my hunger, and my exhaustion and try to cut off from all the pressures from time to time without food.
    Ok end of my declaration on binge! Plus it's definitely turning colder and darker and normal to eat a little more at this time of year.
    So today I will eat a little more at mealtimes, but still moderately, will take some exercise even if just running errands, and I will pay attention to my feelings and triggers a bit more.
    Good luck everybody.
    Lovely to hear about your hawk Rachel!
  • Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!

Muse

Last night: Basic Stretch
    This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
    Weigh In: 195.6 (I was thinking I might have an additional bump up because I ate food at the fair later than I normally eat. I am happy to see a drop this morning)

Have a Blessed day and a great start to your weekend!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

November 2

James 1:2
    My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations.

Renee really felt good whenever she had the strength to say no to food that was offered to her. Each time she could refuse eating, it made her feel she'd won a moral victory. Mentally, she kept score. It became a game to see how often she could hold out between defeats. In a strange way, it made her diet enjoyable. She felt she was really accomplishing something that was important. By the end of about four months, Renee was able to defeat just about every temptation that came along. She felt God's pleasure as she grew more able to decline treats. That joy made her diet fly by.

Today's thought: Diets can be fun, especially when they're done!