September: 30 Days of Green Smoothies

• I'm ringing the changes this time around. I've lost and gained weight over the years. Currently, with a BMI of 35, I'm not at a healthy weight, though not at my heaviest either. So I've a way to go to get down to the weight I want to be. My approach is the opposite of all the good advice out there. I'm going to try a bit of this and a bit of that. Ringing the changes each month with something different. Nothing crazy mind you, I'm going to keep it sensible, so here goes.

"30 days of:" Starting this September with 30 days of green smoothies.

So far it's been a breeze. Fingers crossed it stays that way. I've experienced no hunger. Which is amazing as the calorie counts are way low. I do drink water by the pint too. So that fills me up. But really quite surprised at how easy it's been.

I began Monday the 2nd, so I'm on day ten right now.
    Today it's kiwi, apple, green grape, lime and mint. With a bit of stevia to bump up the sweetness.
    If I fancy something savoury it'll either be a bowl of raw salad vegetables or a cup of hot vegetable bouillon (good and salty). Earlier in the month I also had a ramekin of nuts to munch on in the evening.

Down 8.8 lb - so roughly nine pounds in nine days. I'm aware some of that will be from glycogen in the liver, but still it's a great kick start to what will inevitably become a slower process over the next few months.

Next month I'm thinking of doing pescatarian keto.
    I also want to do a macrobiotic month, I've done that before and really enjoyed it. Plus it completely eradicated my allergies and joint pain. Which was very welcome.

Thank you to everyone who's welcomed me to the forum btw. Great friendly support group here. Anyone that wants to join me doing "thirty days of", please do

Tags

30 days