Steel Magnolias — #47

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Ceejay, congratulations on the arrival of Clara! I’m glad she is safely here. It was explained to us, when I had mine done, that the card notifies emergency medical care if it is ever necessary, as in a car accident. This nurse just said it was an alert about the implant. It must be at the preference of the surgeon. We have thick fog this morning. Enjoy your day!
  • Good Afternoon! We got up to very thick fog this morning but after a cloudy morning the sun has come out. I scrubbed the soap/softener drawer on my washer then ran a cleaning rinse. I don’t know why but the space above the drawer gets really gross looking after a lot of loads. The house is picked up except for several pair of Bob’s eye glasses, his eye drops, and recording chart. We have couples’ card club tonight so have my clothes ironed and ready for my thumb appointment tomorrow morning. I think I have something almost every day for the next two weeks, doubling up on soccer games and a couple “fun” invites so will have to make a decision where to go. Ian had another super game Friday night, took down the quarter back which isn’t his usual assignment but the kid got in Ian’s way. Would loved to have seen that! Hope you all are enjoying a nice day!
  • Good afternoon. Another scorching sunny day. 96 right now. The ballgame just ended on tv so we’re gonna just have sandwiches for dinner. It’s too hot for a heavy meal. I’m likely not to have to grocery shop much next weekend since we’ve been eating sandwiches and such with water heater and the heat.

Well, we may go to St Louis to the ballgame if they keep winning. We have the tickets but since they were behind St Louis for division win we weren’t going to go. Now the’ve won a bunch and St Louis has lost. By Wed the 25th we’ll decide which place we’re going. I’ll cancel the hotel and the restaurant of the other.

The website is acting cuckoo. It keeps freezing then releasing.

CeeJay: on the new baby. I hope she is doing well. We had a strange thing happen here in Memphis. A baby was born on 9-11, at 9:11 pm, weighing 9 lb 11 oz! I imagine Jack’s will have the glasses restriction as mine too. Didn’t even think of it until you said something.

Jean: If I can’t remember a stitch, I pull up a knitting video. The thing is, there is not universal key for stuff. For example, you can have yo, yrn, yfwrd and they all mean the same thing. You can have several ways to increase or decrease too. It gets nuts sometimes on complicated stuff.

Everyone have a nice evening.
  • gma22
    Wow, that was a big baby!. Would you believe that I have never been to a Cardinals ballgame. Don't really care for them any way. I may watch the world series if I'm in the mood. It will depend on who is playing.
    Jean:
    ---------
    This morning was church. Came home afterwards as my sis has the boys, her grandsons, Clara's brothers, until tomorrow. I need to break up my routine a bit anyway. I've fallen into a very bad routine and can't seem to break my habit. I keep getting craving for donuts. I needed to go to the grocery store and I picked up a box that had a half dozen in them. I've only eaten two so far. I hope I can resist the others. Tomorrow is a new day so I'll try again.
    Text with my bff this afternoon. I've been sending her text on a phone that she doesn't have anymore. No one told me to stop. So I deleted that number. We finally got caught up on our goings on.