Taking back control

• It's time to take back control of my body. I'm tired of being obese and frankly ugly. That is why I have set a goal to get down to 180. I'm going to do it. The support from this forum will help tremendously. In 2007 I lost a bunch of weight on here to join the army. That is how I know I can do it again. Today I took a big step and became a member of a gym. That should also help tremendously. I look forward to reading your triumphs and getting to know you all.

I'm going to post a picture of me now. In hopes that the shame will be a motivator. Don't laugh too hard at my man boobs and pale skin.

• Hi Tyler! I too am starting fresh with losing weight and getting into better health. The last two years have been rough! I had an injury that I tried to work thru on my own and avoided surgery. It took longer to get back to where I was and now ready to take it to the next step. I know that as I am getting older having excess weight really holds me back and making me feel not so good!! I am having a reality check to make life changes and not just diet to drop weight and regain it in a few years. So the best of luck and encouragement to you and everyone else who is on this adventure !!

Katie