Ideal Protein Chat - Summer 2019

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • I lost 2.6 this week. Total is 28.1. HOPING to hit 30lbs on Monday. But this will be a short weigh in week (5 days) for me due to my crazy shift work schedule.

My son had a football game last night and the only option after the game was Dairy Queen. I got a side salad and burger and put the meat on the salad. I'm 99percent sure that meat isn't protocol but it was late and I was hungry and 1.5 hours from home and that seemed like the best option. I did have IP snacks with me but I needed dinner! I guess we shall see on Monday if it effected me.

P.S. Does anyone else weigh every day? I do. I have to know that's it's working! haha. And I don't want to be surprised on weigh in day.
  • Happy Camper, with sweet cravings do you mean as far as IP snacks? I love the vanilla crispy squares. And for non IP snacks I like sliced jicama with cinnamon and stevia. Of course it counts as a veggie but I love it.
  • Quote: So yes I barely lost 1 pound. And the weird thing I was actually eating less! Missing the supplements and yes I had some cheese. Darn!

Cut up veggies and feel a bit more ready this week. Measured out my supplements also.

How do you deal with sweet craving? I bought some jello this time...
    Don't let the "low weeks" get you discouraged - I swear our bodies cling to those pounds! Typically I see-saw, 1-2 weeks with a lower loss, then BAM - Big Week. Some folks call it "The Whoosh", where your body just holds on and on, then WHOOSH - it just lets it go. Usually I can tell when I'm about to start my period when I suddenly gain 4lb overnight, then a week later I lose 4lb overnight!
  • Quote: I lost 2.6 this week. Total is 28.1. HOPING to hit 30lbs on Monday. But this will be a short weigh in week (5 days) for me due to my crazy shift work schedule.

My son had a football game last night and the only option after the game was Dairy Queen. I got a side salad and burger and put the meat on the salad. I'm 99percent sure that meat isn't protocol but it was late and I was hungry and 1.5 hours from home and that seemed like the best option. I did have IP snacks with me but I needed dinner! I guess we shall see on Monday if it effected me.

P.S. Does anyone else weigh every day? I do. I have to know that's it's working! haha. And I don't want to be surprised on weigh in day.
    Awesome Loss! Sorry I'm so late to the chat game...Sounds like a good DQ meal - I went to a wedding this weekend and had to basically go "low carb" with steamed veggies (that I'm sure had some butter on them - they were too delicious) and fish covered in a "non-IP" sauce (which was too creamy, yum!). Would have been funny to bring my shaker to the reception! I did do a lot of dancing, so hopefully burned some of it off!

I weigh in at home most mornings (naked, after bathroom, before eating/drinking) - I'm not very emotional about the number and it helps me keep tabs on myself. I'm not 100% every day, but I stay on track mostly so it's nice to see the numbers go down. I actually dropped down a decade on my home scale this morning (159). My WI on Tue @ 5pm was 163 so hopefully I can push that through the week (I'm heavier at WI since it's late in the day, had my meals/water, and I'm fully clothed).

As for a sweet tooth - I go for a restricted (chocolate brownie microwaved for 15sec was my FAVORITE!) or turn the drinks into either jello (using 1T gelatin) or a muffin (using egg whites). I just can't have my drinks as a drink - I need something to "chew"! And I don't feel guilty adding the gelatin or egg whites as they are 100% protein and coach approved.
  • Started IP today
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first experience with IP. I joined yesterday and today was my first day. I read most of the posts from previous years and noticed that some IP protocol might have changed over the years.

My coach was in a hurry yesterday so I am not clear on some of the instructions and hope you can help.

I am doing phase one am a bit confused about the vegetables. Is it correct that I can have 2 cups of select vegetables for lunch and another 2 for dinner. In addition to these I can also have a large salad of greens (arugula,lettuce, spinach), mushrooms and radish with one teaspoon of oil both for lunch and dinner?
  • Quote: Hello Everyone,

This is my first experience with IP. I joined yesterday and today was my first day. I read most of the posts from previous years and noticed that some IP protocol might have changed over the years.

My coach was in a hurry yesterday so I am not clear on some of the instructions and hope you can help.

I am doing phase one am a bit confused about the vegetables. Is it correct that I can have 2 cups of select vegetables for lunch and another 2 for dinner. In addition to these I can also have a large salad of greens (arugula,lettuce, spinach), mushrooms and radish with one teaspoon of oil both for lunch and dinner?
    That is correct! Good luck and welcome - I have been spotty on the forum lately but REALLY need to get on more. I have 15lb to go to get to GOOOOOOAAALLLL!!!
  • Hey again. So my clinic has changed from IP to MoxiFit Body Fuel. Same concept. Food is a little different with actually a few "pasta" options. I am nervous and excited. Hopefully I will see good results. If not, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Has anyone else's clinic switched?
  • Quote: Hey again. So my clinic has changed from IP to MoxiFit Body Fuel. Same concept. Food is a little different with actually a few "pasta" options. I am nervous and excited. Hopefully I will see good results. If not, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Has anyone else's clinic switched?
    My clinic is switching over next week. I don’t much about it yet.