June 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 9 of 26
Go to
  • Ok, I actually taught my children some stuff I remember from gymnastics and I had fun doing the stretches, hand stands and cartwheels I remember..I did 2 sets of planks for 30s and 50 hip raises. I got my 8 year old to help me lift up to bridge position and I briefly held myself up for a few seconds with my arms but I defaulted to my head very quickly. .it's amazing what I remember
  • Quote: Good Morning, Everyone! Happy Weekend!
    Calories for yesterday: 1415 +
    Weigh In: 188.8
    Down: 1 pound
    Diana I am not sure how I missed that lb down of yours....hmmm I hope you don't miss it
  • Quote: Ok, I actually taught my children some stuff I remember from gymnastics and I had fun doing the stretches, hand stands and cartwheels I remember..I did 2 sets of planks for 30s and 50 hip raises. I got my 8 year old to help me lift up to bridge position and I briefly held myself up for a few seconds with my arms but I defaulted to my head very quickly. .it's amazing what I remember
    Yikes Jen if I even attempted that I would be in the ER! about 15 years ago I was showing my girls (small then) how to do a cartwheel, my hamstring popped (tore) so loud my DH heard it and thought my feet had hit the wall....It has never been the same, so this is why I do the types of strength training I do so I never re-injury myself like that again
  • Hi Everyone!

I am exhausted! Every inch of my body hurts today after all the work at church today. No DVD workout to report but my body says it got a workout in. I got to church at 10 AM and didn't finally get home until 8:30 or so. My friend and I needed to get some stuff at the store so that was part of it, too. I am ready for bed!

I ended up eating dinner at church but I did eat in moderation. For breakfast I had yogurt/fruit/chia seeds, lunch was a grilled chicken salad w/BHF's ranch. I'm exhausted and I'm going to bed.

Have a Blessed evening!
  • good night all! power walked to and home from church tonight. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
  • Good morning
    Jen, as soon as I read your post about your handstands and cartwheels, I thought exactly as Nancy did. I would for sure end up in the emergency room and then on the orthopedic unit. My, you are spry

Zallie, thank you for your encouragement to me! And today is a new day for you

Met yesterday's goals.

Today's goals:
    1200 calories, 2 liters water, veggies, fiber.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

I decided to weigh, for giggles and grins, but not logging this info. I ate in moderation last night at the dinner, no question. I gained 1.6 pounds. In sane! I know I didn't drink enough water, either. Also, last night my body was literally hurting from being on my feet for so long. I am still exhausted, tired, and sore this morning. It's frustrating that I am so sensitive like that.

Last night: Nothing, too tired
    This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 9

Hebrews 6:11-12
    And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end: That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Dr. Davidson always had a policy with his patients who tried to lose weight. If he wanted them to lose twenty pounds, he told them they were to lose thirty. If they were to lose fifty pounds, he told them seventy-five. He knew that people would set their minds toward their goal, but that most of them would tire along the way. To counteract that, he always set a goal that was beyond what was actually necessary. Though people did indeed tire before they reached the goal Dr. Davidson set, they did not give up before they reached the point they really needed to attain. Sustaining our energy for a diet is hard, but with the hand of God guiding us, we can make it.

Today's thought: The only thing I will give up is weight!
  • Morning
    143.0 down 1.6
    Exercised from 8am to 6 pm with perhaps 2 hours break.
    Boot camp, pickleball, and edging/ weeding. It was a glorious day weather-wise.
    459 calories
    The calories consisted of 2 peaches one banana and 2 drinks as I was out with friends. I am continually amazed at the speed at which calories add up.

I did want ice cream yesterday and did not have it as I am still recovering from my baking transgression.

Jen,- super on the calories! You go girl on the handstands, cartwheels, splits, kicks, and bridges and dancing! Those are fun and cool things to do with your kids and super for fitness. Did you do a lot of gymnastics when you were a kid? I loved it in grade school. Did cartwheels, handsprings and headsnaps, all the time. No formal training, just from school. I also loved climbing everything ropes, goalposts, trees. These days best I can do, though I am scared of it is kick up into a handstand against a wall. I would like to be able to do a cartwheel, but am scared. Maybe after my arm and knee are better.
    What are hip raises? Are they when you are on your back and raise between shoulders and feet?

Did end up hurting my elbow with sharp pain in pickleball yesterday. It always is a problem with tennis elbow and the calcium deposits, but the sharp pain is now renewed I have a long awaited orthopaedic appointment for it this week, so we will see.

Knee is s bit more swollen and a bit more bent But the pain is minor, despite being back to a limp.

Rachel- Nice job! Thanks for the encouragement.

Diana- that pesky pound up is just temporary. Gotta be water retention.

Nancylmrn-Tremendous on inches lost. I would like to get down to thighs your size.

Ciecie- awesome on the posting and walking

Teri-Shout out to you. Hi! Thinking of you.
  • Mulch
    Any of you use rubber mulch? Or know anything about it ?

I just heard of it.

And I have tons of regular mulch ready to spread. Thinking of returning it to get rubber mulch as then I won't have ti do it for years.
  • good morning! zallie, I've never heard of rubber mulch. I just had breakfast. will go for a power walk in a few minutes.
  • Good morning to all
    WI up again 155.0 so that new low did not hang around.....I am thinking my scale wanted to play a mean joke on me just to see how I would react. It's not funny
    Did not get my steps in yesterday because of car travel, maybe today. I have been thinking I am going to really re-focus at the gym and concentrate on my core. That will be a default 5 days a week now, instead of 1/2 *ss 1 or 2 days LOL

Zallie you are so active I feel like a wump next to all that activity and with your knee and elbow sheesh. Slow down

I have got to find some new ideas for lunches that are only 1 or 2 weight watcher points for this next week....all suggestions are welcome. My typical is tuna/egg salad on english muffin, home made chili, fruit, sometimes raw veggies with some ranch. I try to avoid processed foods
  • good morning again! just got home from power walking and running errands. will go for another power walk and run more errands in a few minutes.
  • Hi Everyone!

Zallie I have heard of it. I think the initial investment is more but it does last longer. I have not used it.

Total Approx 1440 calories +

Breakfast 240 calories
    Siggi's yogurt 110 calories
    chia seeds 60 calories
    cherries and berries fruit 70 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch 600 calories
    salad w/grilled shrimp & BHF's ranch 600 calories

Dinner 600 calories
    grilled salmon 400 calories
    2 servings green beans 200 calories

Exercise
    TJ Cardio Party Mix 1

Have a Blessed evening!
  • power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.
  • HI ladies

Diana, omg, just remember that is actual bulk weight and probably water retention.

Zallie, I hate injuries. Omg, yes, my hamstring pooped while I was playing around and slid into a split. It was the WORST. I pray your knee and shoulder heal fast.

yes, I was in gymnastics, tap, ballet and jaz, maybe for a year or two. My mom took us all out saying she couldn't afford the five of us anymore...boy howdy I was mad. I continued to improve on my skill set and did handsprings and walk overs with the normal cart wheels and splits.

I was always very flexible. I also climbed EVERYTHING. I was afraid of heights but I would climb to the top of trees always looking up....obviously descending is a problem if you are afraid of heights so I used my sense of touch feeling branches instead of really looking...I was very fast and could scale some hard trees as long as there were branches for me to kick up to...

hip raises are just that upper body on floor and hips raise up. Some people call them bridges, but real bridges are much harder and look nothing like that

Nancy, not really but I have my spurts. I think you are going through adjustment. Your body will play around with water retention until it finishes accommodating to a smaller size, then you'll whoosh even lower.

ciecie, I'm a sprinter, you are consistent, I'm working on consistency.

Granny, my toe flared up and that granulation tissue ballooned, which caused more pain...so I used my silver nitrate sticks cuz the blob bled so much while I was trying to find the nail...I thought I had sufficiently sprayed it with saline and rinsed it, so I went ahead and did my sodium sulfide treatment (stinky stuff)...can you guess what happened. I thought of you after I looked it up...I was like "Granny would have known not to do that".

anyways, it is back wraoped and sufficiently gray, I think it will just fall off (here's hoping).

Diana, I am joining you on sore. If it moves it's sore. My first cartwheel (after I stopped being chicken) aggravated my shoulder a bit...but now I don't notice because everything hurts...it's a good hurt. I'm trying to find some coq10 to help with inflammation for tonight...

we went out to eat. It was at 1pm so it was early for omad. I ended up eating a grilled burger patty and some green beans for no carb dinner...

I woke up to 183.2 and think I ovulated because my bbs hurt. ...

probably going to be up in am, but hoping to stay below 185 during pms period