June 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 6 of 26
Go to
  • Diana, I too have been thinking of Ms Connie and so glad you and your congregation are strong to support her during this challenging time for her. In my head and heart I feel she is going to be a stronger person and is destined to inspire others.

Tonight I have stayed on plan....which is great for me since there were so many temptations and frustrations that could have sent me scurrying down the wrong direction.

Do any of you work with the public/customer service related???? I am afraid I let several phone calls from the same person goad me into a snarky response today. I feel kinda of bad but not really.....I work for a service industry company and am the primary front line person. A gentleman called wanting a phone quote for our service...I explained I could not quote over the phone since that was not my area of expertise but I would be more than happy to take his information and have our estimator give him a free quote...he did not like my answer. The first phone call I had to say the same message 4 times before he finally said never mind I will call around. Less than 5 minutes later he called back explaining what he wanted and that he just talked to me, again I explained I could not give him a quote over the phone another 3 times with the same message...he was getting more and more frustrated and angry...until he finally said isn't there anyone in our office that could give him the cost????? So I finally said sure ....<brother this is were I lost it> If you are only looking for a number how about 3 billion dollars? he hung up ...yes that was unprofessional...but how many ways can you tell someone no???
  • good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
  • Good morning
    Jen, Thank you so VERY much for prayers for my uncle!! I so appreciate it. Your check story is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Granny, The transfers for my uncle aren't really "going" yet. Hopefully today?.....with physical therapy there. Interesting on the lift device. Good to know there is such a thing.

Diana, such uplifting news on Ms. Connie!

I took in 1310 calories yesterday.

Today's goals:
    1200 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.
  • Morning
    Jen- what a story! That is amazing. So glad you took the initiative and got it straightened out before the warrant. BTW I agree with Grannynancy your son's infractions in thev schrme of things are minor. The system sometimes stinks. You are doing so well on the food intake. Way to go.

Nancylmrn- yay for the 154! Hope your muscle feels better soon. So you lived in AR. I had to think a minute as to where they must be . Where have you lived in your life? Sounds like you have been around a bit .

Actually if you don't mind sharing would be cool to know where you all have lived.

Grannynancy- those chiggers and ticks sound nasty. I am going up to the Adirondacks for a quick visit with friends and am thinking of getting some of that stuff to spray on my clothes due to ticks and blackflies. I have never done it before.nor bought the stuff Read somewhere I should spray multiple times? Do you need to be concerned with Lyme disease where you are? Hope the impending rain and possible flooding does not cause problems for you . Sounds like trouble though

146.2 up 1.8 know why. 2 bagels!
    1433 calories. Way over 1000.
    Got close to 8 hrs sleep.
    Played PB
    Skipped bootcamp for the sleep .
    Not sure that is always the best trade off. Need to go more

Fasting today. Hope I keep my resolve.
    And maybe the high then low will help with the weightloss.

Have a great day.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Nancylmrn I'm sorry about the stressful day. My DH and I are self-employed and we have to deal with the public daily. It's just so difficult. We had a situation last year where my DH told a customer that we couldn't do what he wanted to have done to his truck. DH was very professional and handled the situation correctly. No sooner than he got off the phone with the man we received a google message that we had a review. Guess what? The man posted a bad review on us. I say a bad review, but what he said was correct, but he put a negative spin on it. How do you post a bad review when we haven't even done anything and DH was completely professional saying that we couldn't do what he wanted to have done. We were upset but at the same time DH said he was glad that we didn't take the job. We don't want to deal with people like that. UGH! I could write a book after being in business for 30+ years.

Last night: Full Body Stretch & few stretches from Dr.
    This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
    Weigh in on Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 6

Luke 5:12
    And it came to pass, when he was in a certain city, behold a man full of leprosy: who seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, 'Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.'

Being overweight can sometimes feel like having leprosy. Fatness sets us apart from others and makes us feel different. We feel like outcasts, rejected by our 'thin is in' society. Our greatest hope comes to us through the power of the Lord, who is willing to help us in every way possible in our attempts to lose weight. Like the man full of leprosy, all we need do is stretch out our hands to Jesus, and He will make us clean. We do not have to live as outcasts, but are full members of the glorious family of our Lord, and He is waiting to welcome us.

Today's thought: Fitness, as well as cleanliness, is next to godliness.
  • Hi
    -JulesMarion the perfection thing resonates with me too. What I am realizing more and more as I get older that it is boring and folks like me more when I am human. I struggle with it as my natural inclination is to put up a good front. This group is helping me a lot on this. Such a caring and forgiving group of chickies!

Nancylmrn- Dealing with customers like that. Yuck. I laughed at your 3B estimate. What services or type of products do you sell? I am in the back end of things managing teams that design and build hardware and software for test stations that test the products we maunufacture, so that external customers can rely on them working. So I work mostly with internal customers.
  • Good Morning 134.8 and I survived the daughter LOL ........DD1 came over and joined us for supper and that mellowed things out with DD2.
    Yesterday was 1466 in / 1888 out and 16,600 steps
    BP this am was 105/69
    Today is planned at 1323 calories and I will get in as many steps as I can but need to work on sticking with my plans!

Nancy - I don't deal with the public but do with auditors and field staff who need technical support "right now" and usually it is when I am in the middle of some other project. Used to have a sales job after college and really liked it though some of the customers were obnoxious. I remember one lady whose kid told her that if she did not buy him a certain skateboard he would pee his pants right in the store. She gave in and said he has done it before. I would have asked the shop owner for a mop and bucket and then made the little brat walk home in hiswet pants.

Jendiet - Sounds like you are doing well! Glad you avoided that mess when you were younger. One day at a time on the diet. You HAVE this. Just one meal or even 30 minutes to an hour I will pray for continued strength.

Diana - Glad to hear Ms Connie is improving and will keep her in my continued prayers. LOL these days I need some kind of prayer list to keep up with everyone.

Jules - Imperfection. You know years ago our church helped resettle a Hmong family (mid 70s) and the mother gave me a lovely peice of artwork called a pandau. It is like a quilt square only extremely intricate. She pointed out to me the one "mistake" on the embroidery and said they did that so that the gods would not take offense at them trying for perfection.

Zallie (and Diana) The folks in know in NY who do SAR have serious tick challenges though they don't have the chiggers to deal with like we do. There is no misery like chigger bites but at least THEY do not transmit diseases. There is also a bad one up there that is rare called powassan and a new one spreading from New Jersey called the longhorn tick. A reaction to the bite of the lone star tick (our most common one in the SE and a very aggressive tick towards people) can cause some people to be allergic to red meat. I have friends who have had this one, Lyme, and RMSF and whose dogs have had babesia and erlichia. This is a GREAT SITE and has "ticks reported in your area" Any way, I swear by permethrin spray on my clothing (you can get at walmart and sporting goods stores) you saturate your clothes and let it DRY before use and it is good for sevral washes. Next year I am going to send my outdoor clothes to a company that does a special technique that is good for a season. Also you can get rid of a lot of ticks by taking a lint roller with you and running over your clothes........I like to wear a floppy hat in the woods as ticks like to drop on your head from vegetation. I also don't care HOW hot it is. If I am in the woods I am wearing long pants, socks, long sleeves and a hat. I also overspray with DEET because the mosquites are not repelled by the permethrin which mainly kills the crawling bugs and the Asian tigers bite during the day! Yes we do have Lyme down here. Where there are white tailed deer and mice ............

EDIT my ritual to do a tick chek on the dogs then strip down immedately after coming home from the woods, tick check on me, clothes in washer, hot soapy shower and I had no ticks the year before, one last year, and none so far this year. One dog has had a brown dog tick on his ear that I missed until after it got big because I missed his tick check. As a kid I remember dogs getting ticks and people getting skeeter and chigger bites but I do not remember ever getting tick bites.........and I spent a TON of time in the woods as a kid and many sleepless hot summer nights armed with nothing but a bottle of camph-phenique to dab on the chigger bites
    https://tickencounter.org/
  • Hi everyone. Glad to hear you're all doing well. It's freezing here tonight. Okay, not literally. It just feels cold.

After 2 and a half weeks of coughing I finally asked the doctor at my practice to listen to my chest. Bronchitis, apparently. My question: can I wait it out? Her reply:no! So started on an antibiotic tonight.

Proud of you all. Keep it up!
  • Good afternoon to all
    WI was up this morning 155.2 could be anything
    W/O chose to do elliptical rather than treadmill and it helped with the pain across that hip bone....I think rest will help to this weekend.

So we had purchased an instant pot many months ago and I am really enjoying the recipes I find online. Tonight will be orange chicken with rice. I don't put in near the sugar that most of these recipes call for making them a bit healthier. So tonight it will only have fresh orange juice as the sweetner for the sauce (bit of broth with cornstarch to thicken) Lots of brocolli, carrots, onion and peppers...one batch will make a meal 1.5 meals for the two of us using only a 10 oz chicken breast. But now I am trying to figure out if I am going to use white or brown rice....both are high carbs but I only eat/use about 1/2 cup.

granny I had to laugh at the story about the child and not getting their way....I would have so asked for a bucket and a mop, let them pee on themself and may (depending on the childs age) make them mop it up. But then that is the kind of mom I am

I have worked in customer service for so many different types of industries....I think my longest was as a recuriter for a staffing service--interviewing, hiring, placing, and even dismissing employee's with a payroll on average off 150+ per week. That was a stressful job. I did that for 10 years until I was totally burned out. I honestly could not go back to doing that again. I have been self employed too over the span of years. Right now I work for a gutter company to just pass time until I retire. It is low stress, laid back (actually easiest job I have ever had LOL)...and becuase I am 'of an age' I tend to be less and less tolorent of ding dong people.
  • Hi All
    Momwannabe-- glad you went to the doctor and got on meds! That cough just kept on too long. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Nancylmrn- thanks for sharing about your jobs. Very cool. At this point in my life too, I see the foolishness and often have chutspah to do something about it when it calls for it.

OK. I have seen pizza at work the last week it do every day and I have not eaten one free piece. But now officially I have a hankering for breakfast pizza. Hope it is just temporary ...

If not I want to plan to eat eat rather than blowing it

Ugh. Resolve takes courage.
  • good afternoon! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left for work this morning. power walked and ran errands during my lunch break. will go for another power walk and run errands in a few minutes.
  • Hi
    Ciecie,- I am blown away by all your power walking!
    Way to go!

Well something nice and something weird happened in pickleball to me this week. The nice thing was that I was asked to join a competitive women's league.

The weird thing is that I played in the mixed league tonight and we disagreed after the fact with who won the first game. In all my life of playing sports that has NEVER happened !!

Each team thought they won 11 to 10 ! We write it down after each game too and it was not until the end of the third and final game that there was this disagreement. We capitulated and allowed the other team the win. No biggie. Rather give in the spirit of good sportsmanship. Only later after they were gone and we were talking about how that never happens did folks in the bleachers say they knew that my partner and I had won. We had not thought to ask the audience at the time of the disagreement. It was just so odd!! We are all friends and it was not huffy or anything, just friendly amazement that we both could have seen it so differently . It was validating though to hear the audience say we had won. If that hadn't happened, I might be questioning my sanity around now.

The mind can play tricks.
  • Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700

Exercise:
    No workout to report. One of our church family passed away yesterday. I needed to buy a new pair of black pants and top to wear to the service on Saturday. It's been a few years since I wore my black pants and I am unsure if they still fit. I didn't check this morning before I left, so I decided to go on and purchase something. I also had a hair apt today. These two things cut into my workout time. Saturday will be a busy day with the service and our church is having a dinner for the extended family, who will be in town. I doubt I will have time for a workout on Saturday.

Have a Blessed evening!
  • good night all! will be shutting down to go to bed in a few minutes. have a busy day tomorrow here at home!
  • There is a Bible verse that has been on my mind recently and I wanted to share here:

Romans 8:5 5 Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.

6 So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. 7 For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. 8 That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God.