June 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 22 of 26
Go to
  • Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    fruit equal to approx 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700 calories

Exercise:
    JS 1 Mile Upper Body Circuit w/5's, JS 1 Mile Lower Body Circuit w/8's, 1 Mile Express Abs Walk

Have a Blessed evening!
  • HI everyone!

Ciecie. Productive and active as usual

Jules, I have a feisty 5 year old, but my first born at that age was terrible..caused me a lot of tears..he call's me and tells me now that he is 20 that he appreciates everything I did as a mom (I was a single mom until he was 8). He just got out of jail (again) 3 days ago and he ha's an apartment I helped him get (no a/c though) and he ha's a job interview and he went to church on his own yesterday. Wow 9 miles.

Terri, you are full of suprises! What camp?

Rachel, probably a very effective refeed.

Diana, wow on the exercise and great on the weight down again !

Nancy, way to go. Praying for complete healing. Also watched a dancer who got a leg injury and had to redo getting her splits and flexibility talked about a similar injury and how she went to PT and found out she had dead but syndrome (had to look that up) she did some exercises to activate her glutes and her leg got stronger. It caused certain muscles to be overworked to take up the slack for the inactive muscles. .

Granny, you are so so busy. You are still doing great on maintenance. I agree with not overwhelming your body with anything more.

Tom hit me 3 days ago and before that I got a leg injury from stretching (standing split attempt) and thankfully PT friend said it was most likely muscle fibers that were stuck together and stiff popping apart...it did hurt at first but he recommended light stretching and I did, it felt much better...

I have been slowly coming down from that 187.6 high!

I started doing light exercises when I took the dogs out in the morning EVERY DAY but then it got super hot and muddy and I slacked...still feeling the ab work but it's much better today. I try to keep a file on my nail as it is growing out and keep cotton under the nail as it grows.
    June 18 187.2 1323 cs
    Jun 19 187.6 1319 cs
    Jun 20 185. 1535 cs
    Jun 21 184.6. 1210 cs tom
    Jun 22. 185. 1344 cs
    Jun 23 1474
    Jun 24. 184.8. 1274

Hoping as Tom leaves, I will drop more weight and start off the 1st part of my next cycle at 183 or less
  • good night all! power walked and ran errands before supper tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained. will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.
  • Good morning
    Hello, chickies!

I did well yesterday. Took in 1230 calories.

Today's goals:
    1200-1500 calories, 2 liters water, fiber, veggies.
  • good morning! just had breakfast. will do 2 miles leslie Sansone in a few minutes.
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and some stretches from Dr.
    This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
    Weigh In Saturday

Have a Blessed Day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 25

Hosea 6:3
    Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Carol went to a Christian prayer group with some skepticism. Gladys and Ann had started going, and they had immediately made great strides in their diets. Both women gave all the credit to God, but Carol wasn't convinced. She thought it sounded way too easy. Why would God do something for her that she ought to be able to do for herself? Carol wanted to believe, but she just couldn't quite believe that God would be interested enough in her weight problem to help her out. Too bad for Carol that she never realized how trustworthy the Lord is. If we put our faith in Him, He will be sure to help us.

Today's thought: No matter is too insignificant to bring to God!
  • Good Morning 136.6 nice drop. Today is planned and I still have more (ick) steps to do during the HOT day. No dogs today. The last 4 days I have been ripping poison ivy vines out of my back yard. I am not normally allergic but do have a little inflammation on my wrist when I wore a shorter glove yesterday. DH walked with me so we went a bit slower.

More important than the weight is I stuck to the plan yesterday and hope to stick to the plan today. The new fridge is on the truck and should be here today. Yay. Tonight should be more weeding. I will have to take pictures of our ambitious hugel kulture project.

Jendiet - great on the logging and doing well with your approach
    Jules - 9 miles sounds like an awesome hike. you get a good fitbit. All of the Garmins are waterproof but don't measure stairs as accurately.
    Nancy - hope your fingers get to feeling better. Seems you are on course.
    Ciece - I do envy you hanging clothes on the line. Honestly I could do that on my deck. Hmmmmm maybe I need to set something up.
  • June 2019
    Hi!

Hope you all are doing great.

I am having a lot more free time than I expected, so I did some gardening yesterday and today. I planted 3 plants yesterday and 3 plants today. (cukes, pumpkin, peppers, malva). I got my plants at a swap. I don't always do too well. I collected no tomatoes last year...I don't like when that happens. I don't think that I am planting them in the right place. I try to avoid plum tomatoes cause they turn black on top. Anyway, each day I go out and pray that the critters have not gotten to them. I think I should try to plant 3 plants everyday....21 plants by the end of the week would be really great. I have this white Japanese iris with a burgundy edge blooming. It is huge and beautiful.

GranNan: I get poison ivy plants, too. My mom used to say that the birds brought the seed in. I would wear newspaper bags over my hands and put the poison in another plastic bag.

I organize an art show at a music camp. It's really amazing what the kids do.

TODOs (same old, same old):

1) food mover

2) exercise

3) sorting

4) planting
  • It is 1032 and I feel ravenous. Just posting to be honest. Cannot eat lunch until between 1 and 2. NO SNACKING NO SNACKING it is my demon. Water drink water.
  • Good morning to everyone.....so good to see you are up and moving (LOL)
    WI down a bit today 155.0 even but still need to get below the 154 mark to really prove to me there is some progress
    WO ...sheesh -- so yesterday and today was the stationary bike...my bum is sore from that seat. Only did 25 min on it today, then my usual weight routine including my 3 set of planks (ugh)
    Eating wise I induldged in some sugar free chocolate last night and yeah it is now gone so no more of that temptation.

Jen is is good to see you again, you have had such a busy time and am so glad your toe is on the mend....DH has two toes now that are serverly sprained (confirmed by walk in clinic Sunday) and it will take 3-6 weeks for them to heal. So our walking weekends are out for a bit.
    Gran, I am so glad I do not have poison ivy in our yard, our problem is neighbors not keeping there mess under control so now we have blackberry branches coming through the fence and under the fence. They are horrible to get rid of.
    Teri you have so much patience when it comes to plants....I just don't have it
    Jules how are feeling today?
    Rachel, you doing ok after your hike? How is it going with your uncle?
    ciecie, you walk so much it makes me feel like a slug LOL
    Diana I did not give you your propert shout out with your drop on Saturday, Congrats

I hope to be back later
    Food is planned for the day so I think I am good, we will see what curve balls come my way today
  • Got a little snack happy last night. Resisted the popcorn hubby made (only because it was out of reach - haha) and opted for mangoes and pineapple and a few saltines. Overall I did well for the day.

I am contemplating the new fit bit, and am considering going without a tracker. I am an obsessive person by nature and find myself getting worked up over statistics. It is meant to be a tool, not an obsession. For me the lines are easily blurred. I can still be active and listen to my body without needing to know numbers. I can tell I am healthy by the scale and how I feel. I am a fairly competitive person when I put my mind to it and that can push me to unhealthy limits. Not sure yet - thoughts from those far wiser than me?

I stopped tracking everything and am trying to listen to my body. I know my pitfalls (snacking in general, nuts, added sugars, nighttime snacking) and I am active with or without a Fitbit. The only thing I really would miss is being able to see how my resting heart rate is doing, but I don’t have any condition, it’s just a fascination.

Legs are still aching from saturday, but they feel good. Back is almost better! Just have to stop lifting my (almost) five year olds. Behavior with my son is getting better and I think that he is getting the idea that mom isn’t caving.
  • Nancy. Blackberries? Sounds like free food to me! When my new neighbor came in I brought up my elderberries which have a serious way of suckering and he was cool about it. I also told him he could take all he wanted and when he went to stain his fence I tied them back so he could get to it (Our fences are about 10 feet apart)

Jules glad your back is getting betterything I pull up and throwing away and composting most everything else.

Teri - yes I am bagging all the ivy. I am going back to leather rose gloves and am laundering in hot water each use. I will order a new pair if these disintigrate. Have had for several years. Goatskin hands great for briars not that expensive. I was wearing a standard glove that stops above the wrist when I got the itchies and bumps. Fortunately already gone.They have another pair that is $10 less I may try. These are so good. Not clunky like most garden gloves! I had heard to put plastic bags on your hands but with all I have in the back, they tear too easily.

https://www.amazon.com/Leather-Garde...s%2C144&sr=8-4

Well I made it to 1pm small victories hope y'all don't mind me doing this but I need the discipline
    Not sure why I am so ravenous between meals right now probably because I am cutting food some.
  • Quote: Nancy. Blackberries? Sounds like free food to me! When my new neighbor came in I brought up my elderberries which have a serious way of suckering and he was cool about it. I also told him he could take all he wanted and when he went to stain his fence I tied them back so he could get to it (Our fences are about 10 feet apart)
    I wish it were as simple as free food!, blackberry bushes are so invasive and nearly impossible to get rid of....you can go anywhere there is older homes or vacant space and see that the bushes have taken over growinf 6+ feet tall and because of the stickers you can't really get in there to pick berries unless you have a machate and super protective clothing. Howerver the best places to actaully pick these wonderful fruits is along the river banks in a canoe....you can get close enough to get the good berries the animals can't reach and only minimal scratches.

Here is a stock photo to how invasive they are
    https://images.app.goo.gl/7k7RaPLRuRGRCrR16

The go through fences, under fences and can swallow entire houses. LOL....don't get me wrong I love blackberries in someone elses property

• Oh wow the native blackberries. My domestic ones are very tame and thornless. I do remember getting scratched up as a kid picking nativ blackberries.
  • good evening! 2 miles leslie Sansone before I left to go see dad today. power walked to and home from my polling place. primary day here. ran an errand on the way home. power walked to and home from my meeting tonight. my fitness goals for today have been attained.