June 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 2 of 26
Go to
  • Geesh, I just found this article/site: https://atlanticinstitute.com/lavend...lways-calming/

It never surprises me how "special" and unique I am. Why can't I be normal and react in a normal way to things. I guess this is my normal.
  • Good morning to all the chickies
    I am back and barely functioning, yesterday was a true travel day.....2 hour drive to airport, 1 hour flight, 5 hour (unexpected) layover, 5 hour flight, 1 hour drive home.
    I am all bloaty from sitting so my feet and ankles have a ways to go to be back down to normal.

Nothing is more fun than spending time with my family, we had not seen my two grandchildren and son in law for 2.5 years, my daughter for 2 years. Even though we chat on the phone and occasional video call. It just can not compare to face to face.

I did weigh in....up 3lbs but with the swelling and the large amount of adult beverages and eating out at a few restaurants I so expected this. The weather was beyond hot for me. Diana, Jen, Granny Kudos to you on being able to function in that heat/humidity. I also understand that last week was a bit of an unusual heat wave ...LOL

I have read all the posts but please forgive me for not doing personals I will comment on future post though. I would like to wave at all the new chicks who have joined can't wait to hear your stories.

The plan I have is to journal, journal, journal my foods and exercise. While we were gone I did not get my steps. Last night only about 5 hours of sleep so I hope to get back into my normal routine. And this means removing the temptations I have here at the house that I bought in a moment of weakness last night on our drive home from the airport....We were hungry, it was late, and I knew there was not fresh food at the house.

Ok off to the grocery store to restock my cupboards

Observations about SC in general and Myrtle Beach
    1. It is very green there! How does it stay that color and be so hot all the time?
    2. In Myrtle Beach everyone drove the speed limit but forgot what a blinker is for LOL
    3. Google maps would show congested areas where we were driving and I kept looking for the congestion...it was not even particularly heavy compared to my home area.
    4. Most foods are fried, but did have an amazing plate of hummus believe it or not on the boardwalk--guess the owners are from Israel or so we were told.
    5. Definite tourist town
    6. Wish I has stopped to look at the sweetwater baskets on hwy 17
  • Nancy, the lush greenery is one of the reasons I love it so much. We actually have been having LOW humidity believe it or not. Yes. What we call congestion is not really congestion. I'm so glad you enjoyed your family. Those 3lbs are probably just retention.

Granny, enjoy kayaking. My kids are going to the Lake this week with their Nana and she told me ds2...sits in the kayak until he can't see the bottom then he promptly jumps out and heads back to shore (sans kayak) lololol...he's got a lot of me in him...poor kid..you burned that 600 right away and I think it is a way to keep metabolism humming.

momwb congrats NEW LOW!!!

Zallie, most likely salt. My food jealousy would get the better of me. Great job meeting your goal. My calorie goAL is usually what my app tells me...but since I didn't log it's off.

I am up to 184.8 today. That was after pf...maybe salt from the salty salad dressing and cottage cheese...not sure...only had coffee so far and getting hungry. Stressful day and my ds1 needs lots of prayer.

Had a hole in pool and agonized abut fixing it but got home and clients son put flex seal on bottom. ..not what I wanted, but so far so good.

ds2 had not messaged me and it shows he saw my good morning message. Hurts a little. I'll be ok...I have to wrap my mind around not seeing then tonight and then until Friday. .I hate that this torture leads right into my youngest going to school. I know I sound like a whino, but I'm really hurting

Diana, now that I think of it, lavender stimulates me too. I never get sleepy or really calm from it...interesting

• Quote: Diana, now that I think of it, lavender stimulates me too. I never get sleepy or really calm from it...interesting
    I have been using this stuff for at least a couple weeks now. I haven't slept well in a couple of weeks. I am so over it! I probably got 1 hour of sleep last night. It's worse than drinking a pot of regular coffee in the afternoon. No! For me it's worse than taking Sudafed or drinking cold brew coffee! I no longer use anything with Sudafed. I can take Nyquil and be awake for days. I can drink regular cold brew coffee and be awake for days, too. Evil stuff.
  • Shame, Diana, you need some melatonin. I've never been a good sleeper, but coffee has no effect on that!
  • Hih
    Nancylmrn- welcome back! And that is a very small gain for a vacation! What's with the fried food? Is it typical? I have not been much in the south, but I seem to recall there was a lot of fried food. That was a while ago, so I assumed it had changed.

Jen- you really love your kids and miss them. How old are your kids if you don't mind me asking?

Diana- so awful to have a tough time sleeping. Is it a temporary thing or ongoing? My nephew is helped by melatonin, though I guess it does not help everybody. Are you into the whole good sleep hygiene thing?

I am feeling sorry for myself. Went to an annual festival in my town and ate not one thing, due to the calorie restriction. If I ever do get to maintenance this summer, ( and that is a big if- maybe my maintenance is 1200 cal) I will indulge once at a festival

Two days and all sorts of temptations resisted. Yuck!
    This dieting just stinks, sometimes.

Well, I will feel better if the scale goes down.

Did yoga and played PB today.
  • Diana: The same thing happens to me! If I take a Benadryl, which usually knocks most people out, I’m wired for 2 days straight. I asked my doctor one time...he said it has a paradoxical effect on some people. Don’t worry - I’m a weirdo too then!
  • Ok, about the sleep thing. I have had a bit of issues with sleep, which I contribute to the whole menopause thing. I am using melatonin and that has been helpful. I started using the lavender for relaxation. Thinking it would help with stress and also prepare the body for sleep. NOT! It turns me into a jacked up crazy person. Tossing and turning all night long.

IdealProteinNewbie Isn't that crazy? My DH can take Nyquil and practically pass out and I am up for days.

Cold brew coffee has more caffeine than regular coffee. I have tried it several times and was awake all night every time. I can't have caffeine past noon. I can't have cold brew at any time. Also, not only do I stay awake with these things, they make me very agitated.
  • Just a fly by really as I am still sleep deprived.....hmm lavender does nothing for me in either direction it is just 'there'. I am better with eucalyptus, lol I know weird. Coffee does not hype me up or make me sleepy, another just there thing. Sudafed, benadryl, Nyquill hype me up and make my heart race with no sleepy effects.... Maybe this is why we have a difficult time losing weight???????

Rachel not sure if it was you that asked and if not I apologize....she crab soup reminded me of New England style claim chowder.
  • nancylmrn Welcome back! When you were here last week, it was hot, but it was a blessing that the humidity wasn't too bad. It does get worse. That same temperatures w/90%+ humidity. That's bad. It's funny because I ran into some people from the North (don't remember which state, but they are known for their cold weather) when we were in Myrtle Beach. We were having a cold snap and the high was in the low 30's that day. These people were freezing half to death. They said the weather felt colder here because of the humidity. The fried foods is a Southern thing. My DH eats everything fried when we go out and I order everything grilled. I'm glad you were able to visit with your family.
  • Hi Everyone!

Total approx 1490 calories +

Breakfast 240 calories +
    coffee w/cream & sugar
    Siggis yogurt 110 calories
    chia seeds 60 calories
    Cherries/berries fruit 70 calories

Lunch 500 calories
    Berry and Grilled chicken salad w/BHF's ranch 500 calories

Dinner 750 calories
    grilled steak 500 calories
    sauteed veggies 150 calories

Exercise
    45 minutes treadmill

Have a Blessed evening!
  • good night all! got home from my mini-vacation about 2:30 this afternoon. spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry. also hooked up the dishwasher. will unload the dishwasher. had a great time.
  • Zallie, such discipline!!!

Diana, SOMETIMES Nyquil Jacks me up and sometimes it puts me to sleep. I'll never forget I was pregnant with DS1 with poison sumac on my fingers and toes...Dr. oked benadryl and I took some longing for sleep and relief and DS1 bounced around as if he were playing jump rope with his umbilical cord. He partied for hours. I told my dr. Who had a good laugh and said it tends to hype up children...bUT only a few times was I suprisingly wired by it...

ciecie, where you go???

Nancy, I really love clam chowder and we also do salmon stew which was so pleasant when I first had it...I'm not big on fish. I have to be in the mood, but when I am, I love it.

ok...I have to write stuff down because I'm too tired to look up stuff in my app.

I successfully did OMAD today

perdue bbq,honey strips 2 servings
    2 Hawaiian rolls 200
    1 tbso butter
    2 peanut butter minis chocolate cups (110)
    1/4 c peanuts
    mini Pepsi 97
    1 cup sugar snap peas 37
    1 macadamia nut cookie
    1/2 c milk
    2 c grapefruit slice's (80 cal each )

no snacking (yay)

I got to talk to my kids and my ex and I chatted too. I feel better there...but ds1 is worrying me. I'm do sad for him. Please pray. He goes to court on the 4th I think
  • good morning! jendiet, I went to lake placid, ny for a few days with some friends for a state convention. will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes. busy day today!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Ciecie That sounds fun!

Last night: Full Body Stretch & few stretches from Dr.
    This morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1490 +
    Weigh in Saturday

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

June 3

Psalm 71:5
    For thou art my hope, O Lord God: thou art my trust from my youth.

A friend of mine slipped into a well when he was a child, and all he remembers of the experience was praying to God and awaiting rescue. He recounts how he felt no fear because he knew God would get him out of his trouble. He placed his hope in the Lord, and he was not disappointed. Being overweight can sometimes feel like being in the bottom of a deep, dark well, with no way out. But we do have a way out. The Lord is a lifeline and a Savior indeed. If we will place our trust in Him, He will be faithful to lift us out of the dark places and set us fully in the light.

Today's thought: Lift me from my well of obesity!