June Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 6 of 8
Go to
  • Quick check in for me tonight, as well. I've been staying on-plan with exercise, food, and water every day but the scale isn't really budging much this week. It's a bummer, but I'm not really upset after how much bloat I lost last week. I'm sure it's just averaging out and will start moving again soon. Taking a break from exercise today because I will be studying for the rest of the evening for an exam in the morning. I usually don't weigh-in on Wednesdays, but my class should be shorter since we're only there long enough to take the test, so I might be back tomorrow. If not, I will check back in on Thursday!

Week Three
    15: 198.0
    16: 198.6
    17: NWI.
    18: 198.6
    19:
    20:
    21:
    ----------------------------
    End of Week Two: 198.8
    Total Loss for Week Three:

• Still not much movement, but at least it's dropping a little. Still sticking with my guess that my body is going to average out between this week and last week. I took a break from working out yesterday like I said I was going to, but I'll be getting back to it this evening. Hope everyone is having a good day today!

Week Three
    19: 198.2
    20:
    21:

• Hi opheliaphoenix I had a good day today. Busy at work but the work day goes by faster.
    I'm going down steadily this week too. I'm dieting but not working out. I need to start walking.
    My weight loss has always been 90% diet for some reason.
    Everyone have a good week. I will weigh in again officially on Friday.
    325/312.6/220
  • Week Three
    15: 185.4
    16: 185.8
    17: 185.8
    18: 186.0
    19: 185.6
    20: 185.0
    21:

I haven't posted for a few days. I'm finding myself in a maintain mode right now instead of a cut mode, which, honestly, while I'd rather be losing, I'm ok with hanging out here if that's what I need right now. I would like to at least end the month lower than I started it, which is about 1/2 pound down from where I am today. In 15 months, I haven't had a month with a gain overall yet, and I'd like to not break that streak yet.

I've still been walking each day, and still making healthy meal choices, but I've just been really hungry this month, so I've had bigger portions and more snacks. The strawberries are amazing this week though, so I'm making those my primary snack instead of chocolate, like last week.

What I am NOT going to do is stop posting completely, fall off the wagon and gain weight back.
  • darius: Glad you had a good day at work yesterday and are doing so well!

Lacerta: I'm happy you're sticking around and posting even though it's been a slower month...that's always been my biggest mistake -- and I've made it several times, even knowing that -- disappearing when things slow down and then subsequently falling off track without the accountability. Switching to the strawberries sounds like a super delicious and healthier choice for the week, so that seems like a win-win to me!

--------------------------

Down a smidge more today...just going to keep chipping away at it! However, we're doing pizza tonight so wish me luck with that...lol. I'll be doing a little cauliflower crust pizza for myself instead of having the delivery pizza (they're actually pretty decent, so it's not a big sacrifice, especially since my favorite pizza delivery place is back home in CA), but I will probably still have one (or two) of the breadsticks from wherever we order from for everyone else.

Week Three
    20: 197.8
    21:

• Well, that'll be my last weigh-in this month as i'm away on Sunday.
    114.0lb at the start and 114.0 now. So I've achived absolutely nothing. Sort of.
    I'm exactly the same now as I was at the start, which wasn't the plan, but at the same time it's not a disaster.
    Just had a bit of a navel-gazing session in the Spring-Summer challenge, but basically i'm a bit like Lacerta and have just being doing maintenance - not the extra 20% needed to actually lose.
    At the end of the day this weight is fine, and really really I don't want to gain any more, so I've achieved that so far - but I thought it would be easier to lose 2lb now and get back to where I've been for a while previously and give me wiggle-room, but somehow I just couldn't do it.

31: 114.0
    01: 113.5
    02: 113.5
    03: 115.9
    04: 115.9
    05:
    06: 115.3
    07: 114.2
    08:
    09:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14: 114.2
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21: 114.0
    22:
    23:

• Hello everyone; today is Friday weigh-in day.
    opheliaphoenix, Newlyn, Lacerta, sgregg - thank you for the words of encouragement and advice this week.
    I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

June 2019 Weight Loss Challenge
    Goal: 11 lb

Date Weight lb
    -----------------------
    06/03 324.2 START
    06/07 318.2 -6.0
    06/14 315.5 -2.7
    06/21 312.8 -2.7
    06/28
    06/30

11.4 lb TOTAL LOSS
    103.6% of goal reached
  • Darius: Amazing work this month. Already met GOAL. Keep up the great work.

ange: Welcome to the club. Like you said, it wasn't the end of the world, just not the desired outcome. Could be worse.

ophelia: Yes, I feel like continuing to post here is an important part of the process for me. It keeps me accountable, so even if I'm not doing especially well at the moment, it keeps me in the loss mindset and keeps reminding me to at least try to do better each day. If I don't post, it is so easy to lose that mindset and just go with the flow, and unfortunately, that river leads back to obesity.

Week Three
    15: 185.4
    16: 185.8
    17: 185.8
    18: 186.0
    19: 185.6
    20: 185.0
    21: 184.4
    Total Loss for Week Three: -0.2

Well, that puts me back where I started the month. So I have 9 days to make SOME sort of progress hopefully. The last few days have felt better, like I was getting back on track, so hopefully, I am able to continue that trend and take another pound off before the end of the month, which would at least get me back to my lowest, which I saw back on the 3rd of this month. If I'm really amazing, maybe I'll even see a new low.
  • Ange: Being able to maintain is a great thing, especially if not everything has been 100% all month, so I think you've actually done really well! That said, I still know that it can be a disappointment to not hit set goals, so hoping that you have a more favorable outcome for your goals this coming month!

Darius: I agree with Lacerta, you are making fantastic progress this month!!

Lacerta: I'm glad you were able to get back to where you started for this month and still have several days to make sure that you can keep your loss streak unbroken. Fingers crossed that we can all finish this last week strong!

-----------------------

Down 1.2 lbs for the week...understandably a lot slower than last week, considering the initial bloat loss, but I will gladly take any and all progress! It's still a good amount considering how much it had slowed down even before my big gain. The only other thing to report is that I finally tried those Kodiak Cake protein pancakes today (I found out they had an Almond Poppyseed flavor and that was enough for me to get on board, lol) and they were delicious!! I don't know why I waited so long to try them out, especially considering how popular they became on social media -- particularly in the health/fitness realm. I didn't even add the optional milk or egg, as I wanted to try them in their lowest cal version, and they were still super good. They were kids and husband approved, as well!

Week Three
    20: 197.8
    21: 197.6
    Total Loss for Week Three: 1.2 lbs.
  • Week Four
    22: 185.4
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    ---------------------------
    Total Loss for Week Four:

Not a great start to the week. All I have to say is Pizza.
  • I wrote a big post yesterday then stupidly switched off the laptop without posting it...

Well done Darius and Ophelia!

Pizza'll get you every time, Lacerta! Just a sodium blip though and then you'll be back down.

I'm still here but I haven't been weighing in. My dad's carers are coming in at a different time and it clashes with my bathroom/WI routine so I can either WI pre-bathroom or post-coffee and/or much earlier than usual. I need to figure something out or make peace with it. Food-wise, I've had pizza and chocolate but instead of other food, not in addition, so it'll have made a difference but probably not much. The biggest issue has been exercise. I've been feeling exhausted - maybe the weather, maybe hormones - so I haven't been motivated to do anything. I need to make myself do it whether I'm motivated or not because it'll make me feel better.
  • Week Four
    23: 184.2
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:

Yesterday was a good day, but still,, I'm surprised to see the bloat all go away so quickly. Usually it takes a couple days.
  • Good morning everyone! I went out of town last week and ate whatever so I was bloated like crazy. I know it was water weight because I went from 207 to 201 in 2 days! It's crazy how our bodies react to unhealthy foods. Anyway, I'm back on track this week. Just wanted to do a quick check in before heading off to VBS with my kids.
  • Week Four
    24: 185.0
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:

So yesterday was some sort of weird anomaly. I'm back up again today. Too bad, but not really a surprise. Yesterday was a surprise.
  • Week Four
    24: 185.0
    25: 184.8
    26:
    27:
    28: