I joined a Zumba class

• Tonight I took my third Zumba class. I have been going once a week for one hour each time. At 235 pounds at 5'5 it's not been easy but I can still keep up and man oh man is it ever a good cardio work out. They offer the class twice per week and im hoping soon to be able to work my way up to attending twice a week.

If I can get off my butt and do it then you can too! Anyone here take zumba classes? It is a lot more fun than the treadmill.
  • Hi Joclyn!

I was a fairly regular zumba dancer at one time and loved it! I tend to go to a variety of classes and the old ones fall away. Currently a Spin addict but would definitely take zumba again if it worked with my schedule.
    It was my favourite cardio and once I learned the choreography I really loved it. Yes it is fun, anyone can do it and congratulations on following your heart and letting out your inner Shakira! Keep it up!
  • Quote: Hi Joclyn!

I was a fairly regular zumba dancer at one time and loved it! I tend to go to a variety of classes and the old ones fall away. Currently a Spin addict but would definitely take zumba again if it worked with my schedule.
    It was my favourite cardio and once I learned the choreography I really loved it. Yes it is fun, anyone can do it and congratulations on following your heart and letting out your inner Shakira! Keep it up!

Thank you!! - Ohhh spin sounds fun. yes at this gym I could be taking a class every night but...I feel that starting with zumba is good for me. I also walk the dog each day sometimes a few times per day But hopefully as the weight falls away I will add in more classes.
  • I haven't tried Zumba, but that's great! It sounds like you've already figured out there is no way to a lean body unless you go hard at cardio.

I need to look at classes at my gym. My introversion just makes me not think about stuff like that.
  • That's great! I have a friend that's a Zumba teacher at a dance studio and that looks so fun!
  • awesome! I used to do Zumba and my sister does Aqua Zumba which is a good workout and helpful for those overweight and with any mobility issues, she loves it and has found a great friend group there!
  • I also tried Zumba a few times, but I did not join a class, I saw a video on Youtube that was about Zumba for beginners and I just followed all the steps. Let me tell you, it is awesome. After doing that dance, I was sweating like crazy. But it is a great cardio.
  • I love Zumba. I do it 3 x per week at my gym. It's so much fun and a great cardio workout.
  • I love Zumba!