2019 - Pt 2 - Worldlies Looking Forward

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Annie
    Something will come your way soon.

Happy
    It will be warmer soon in your area. I've really enjoyed being outside. Yesterday was the warmest day so far at 78 degrees. If it would stay this way I would love it.

Susie and Shad
    Hello
    ----------------------------
    Yesterday was a beautiful day. Went to church and since J. wasn't there I was asked to play piano for opening. My ear was set for the key of G but the pianist during choir practice set the piano in a different key. It threw me off.
    Friday I picked up my nephew's son at his bus stop and stayed with him until my nephew got home. I'm glad that I can do things like this. He and his wife have a beautiful house and piece of land. A. has cleared out the under brush in the wooded area and it looks really great.
    I mowed the rest of the back yard Saturday with the gas push mower and something has happened to the side gate that I usually use and forgot about the gate on the other side. So today I will finish the front yard and do work in the flower beds.
    I've called the eye doctor for them to set a time for my cataracts to be taken off . I told them to schedule it in August. Sis's schedule is tied up till then.

--
  • Hello to you all. Barely morning. Quick post for me, before the site times me out.

Vacation day today. Stepped on the scale this morning. Up a couple pounds from about right before the holidays. Looked back at my mfp progress/history. I weigh less than I have at the same point in the year looking back one, two, and three years previous, and within 4 pounds of where I was 4 years ago. Good - I'm not heavier, good, I'm not in the obese BMI category. Bad, I'm quite a ways away from the normal BMI category. I tracked my eating in mfp all last week- definitely some work to do to cut back on the calories.

I have a mammogram this afternoon and that's all the plans for today. Saturday took mom grocery shopping. Her flimsy but pricey shopping cart is now kaput- no fixing it this time around - but I found her one on craigslist that a guy only ~4 miles from our homes was selling. Used, and only 5 bucks, but I swear it's sturdier and made better/better design than her old one.

Bf and I took a couple used Acuras for a test drive Saturday afternoon. Both were nice, but I'll probably go with the rdx suv model vs the more expensive rl sedan. I prefer to put the money saved towards the remodel of our full bath.

Yesterday was on and off rainy and quiet.

Okay, gonna get this posted and get dressed to get outside for a bit - too nice of a day to spend inside. TTFN.
  • Morning

Still working in the yard. I've neglected some beds around a few tree's that my bil made before I moved here. The border was buried deep and some of it loose so I've dug that up and will replace the mulch that was around the tree. The area is full of roots but it is a tree after all. One could not plant flowers in this bed. Also worked in the big flower bed in the back digging out dandelions. I have two shoots of asparagus coming up.

The tree's have been beautiful but are now leafing out. It's been warm this week. I love it. Just will not like the 100 degrees this summer.

Lost 2 pounds at weigh in yesterday

Laura

Not sure where I am on the BMI. I still have a way to go before I get to where I need to be. My goal with MRC is to lose 50 pounds.
  • Morning all.

Annie – I’m so sorry you didn’t get the job at the hospital. Please don’t get too discouraged, someone is going to snap you up for the skilled, experienced, hard-working person you are!!

Happy – I try not to post from my phone – I hate doing that. What timing that the horrible person at the senior center is leaving just at the point you and your dh had reached the end of your rope with her!! Is everyone still celebrating?? So, is your sump pump running endlessly these days? I hope that’s not the case, or let’s just say I hope it hasn’t been stressing you out. We want an operating sump pump. We need to get one of our window wells replaced or we’ll have water coming through there and through the window frame if/when we get heavy rains. Have you gotten back into a nu step regimen? You will appreciate it when you’re wanting to do touristy stuff. Is the tulip thing in Michigan? I’d like to see more of that state. Just saw a local PBS show about Midwest vacation spots. Oh, the new housing development was approved by the counsel a few days ago. I think it needs to happen for our village. Yes, the density is a concern, but there used to be a millworking company on part of the land being developed and I could smell the odor of the finishing chemicals from a couple blocks away on certain days depending on the direction of the wind. For those people living right there, I should think that would have been more undesirable than residential development.

Shad – I hope your rib is healing quickly and won’t be too uncomfortable for you much longer. I’ve had sore ribs (or I guess the cartilage between the ribs) and it’s hard to deal with, can’t imagine a cracked rib. Nice you’ve reconnected with some old friends. Hope the new water meter is being generous…

Ceejay – I think the yard work never ends. I did a wee area on my day off Monday. Of course my hamstrings were a bit sore the day after that. But I’m glad I got rid of the leaves and sprinkled the Preen – weeds are already making an appearance. Good job on the WL!!

Susie – Foot is still broken, the fracture won’t heal without surgery at this point. BF is having a surgery he needs next week and is now pushing me on getting my foot fixed. I’m not opposed, just need to figure out the best timing and find a good surgeon. The last orthopedic I consulted is a possibility, but I want to get another couple names. Have you taken a jazzercise class yet? How did you like it? I used to love those classes. How sad about your neighbor’s daughter.
    --

Nothing much to report. We had lovely weather Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday was chilly and today is chilly and windy to boot. But at least it looks like the sun is trying to come out of hiding. I rode my bike to the train on Tuesday, but drove yesterday and today.

I did some ab work Tuesday after work and I had some soreness yesterday. Also did a few knee pushups – wow, have I gotten weak after not doing nothing for several months! Need to get back to that stuff for sure!

On Monday I looked at one of the exercise videos I bought at the thrift store a few weeks ago. It’ll probably get donated back – it was a Body by Jake – Weight lifting for Women. Turns out it was probably something that came with a weight bench type of thingy he probably sold, and the leg work was done using the bench. And it wasn’t in the form of a workout – it was just a how-to type of video. Oh well, can’t win ‘em all. I have a fitness ball video to try out, and my bosu videos to go through too.

Okay, have to get this posted. TTYL.
  • This week I feel I have been trying to get a lot done but spinning my wheels, both at home and at work.

I think I feel this way because our weekends have been jammed packed of running around. I need some time at home to get things in order so I feel in order inside.

DH likes to go, go, go and I am one that needs some time staying home.

Annie: Continuing prayers for your employment hunt. How is the best of eggs you posted on FB doing?

Laura, my advice is to have the surgery on your foot done in the summer. I would hate to have to get around in the fall/winter with a foot I had to stay off of. Summer has easier clothes to wear and easier to use a scooter or whatever you may have to get around with.

I hope your BF has an easy surgery and quick healing.

Ceejay: when I read your FB posts I can feel how content you are with your retirement and I think it is great.

Shad: my goodness! Broken ribs!! Take it easy my friend.

Happy: I hope the winter storm that has rolled in for you doesn't do much damage, and is over quickly and that the animals survive it. Stay safe my friend!

I didnt make it to TOPS last night as I had to be in the office yesterday for a meeting that finished at 6. It was a long day.
  • I've been off my food plans the past 4 days and the scale shows it.. Going to go to the gym in a few minutes. I've been lax on this too. Most of my exercise has been from doing things outside but my fitbit show no exercise minutes. Need to go get a birthday card also. Going to my nephew's wife's dad's 60th birthday party tonight.
    Next week I still have a bunch of yard work to do.
    I see the ophthalmologist on August 5 for consultation for cataract surgery. I'm ready to get this done.

Laura
    Wow, you are still dealing with foot issues! Hope you can take care of that soon. That has to be painful.

Susie
    Yes, retirement is agreeing with me. I've loved almost every minute of it. There has been some hiccups but not to major. I like being around my sis and her family.

Shad
    I hope you are feeling better. And that your rib heals quickly.

Happy
    Thought about you when that last snow came your way. I have a cousin that lives in Wyoming and they got hit hard too.
  • Good morning ladies,

Quick check in for me. I am going with a buddy to Rice Lake - girls trip for her to pick up her wallpaper. Rice Lake is where the dentist is so I will be there 3 times this week. I spent the weekend doing some reorganizing. Got the new fridge bins in my refrigerator - I like that I can pull a bin and get at the small jars more easily. I am taking a hard look at what I have in there, the cabinets, the whole house. I don't have a lot of storage and instead of trying to cram everything in, I am taking a critical eye and looking at what do I use regularly. As such, pitched a bunch of jars of sauces and things that looked interesting at the moment and have sat unused for a long time. I am also going through paperwork questioning why I kept a lot of things. And also making a pile of stuff I need to take care of - surveys from the hospital visit in January, need to finish ordering stuff for the shelter, got to start writing my articles for the Senior Center paper, etc etc. I am also woefully behind in the 5 classes I signed up for online. That was stupid, I should have let them drop and re-taken them at a more reasonable pace. They are free offered through our library program. Yesterday literally went by in the blink of an eye.

Foo... got a phone call. Will have to post later if I have time. Sorry.
  • Morning all. Bf is having surgery as i type this at the hospital. An ear surgery to correct issues that were a result of several childhood surgeries on his ears.

Unfortunately my mother was in the hospital for a couple days last week. Scary because it was the result of a delusional kind of episode - and what my mom claimed was wrong was not. But it led to several tests, and there are two new issues, plus an existing one. I brought her home Saturday, and she has a followup with her cardiologist this week and I'msure with her primary doc. That "episode" is worrying. Not sure how those happen...will learn more I'm sure.

Think i better post before i lose this.
  • Okay, back again, though I'm not sure what else i have to report. I'm slowly making my way through a book titled "Younger Next Year for women". There's a previous book that was just general, but my library disnt have that one. It's interesting how it describes how our bodies haven't evolved yet to cope with our modern world of sedentary life plentiful food and climate-controlled environments. I'm just about a third of the way through and it's going to be about exercise, a lot of exercise. Chapters alternate between the doctor who studied the science of aging and one of his patients who turned around his health by getting active. I'm not a fan of nonfiction reading, but this is interesting me, especially since i wonder how much of my mom's issues are due to her sedentary lifestyle.

I'll have to get to personals later - hate typing a lot on my phone! Hope you all have a great rest of the day. TTYL.
  • Hi ladies,

Laura I hope your Mom and BF are both doing ok. Amazing how they can fix stuff that happened long, long ago. That is scary about your Mom in that they found something else. But I know several people where they accidentally uncovered a medical problem by chance when looking at something completely different. I hope she will be ok. And I can tell you, my life tho busy is sedentary and it really does affect you in not a good way. I have an aunt who has mental issues and overreacted to some health things by taking to her bed. It seriously compounded the problem. So yes, move, move as much as you can. I realize some times that I have sat in front of the TV for 3 hours and not moved once. I do tend to shift my legs and stretch as i sit but that's not really moving. I am trying hard to be aware of this and acting upon it. I would be interested to hear more of the book as you go through it.

DH is feeling very wronged by the Senior Center leaders and he is totally justified in his feelings. I feel badly for him and somewhat guilty myself. He does not trust many because he has been burnt before and I was the one who encouraged his participation. Basically because of the resistance of the nut job receptionist, all the work he did for the last 3 months has been A WASTE OF TIME. It makes me very angry too and I am having a hard time keeping my tongue around them. I am quietly finishing some commitments and then I am done too. I am trying to keep him cool. He is going out and getting some amazing pictures - the animals are all active out there. Today I have to go for the bottom half of my teeth and then on Thursday for the other half bottom. A friend showed me a beautiful lake nearby the dentist with lots of ducks and swans and wildlife. Since I will be in the chair for 3 hours or so DH will take off and hopefully get some decent pictures. He got some good ones today although we struggle - he looks for perfection, I look for an amazing shot of something you don't get a chance to see even if it's perfect.

How are you feeling Shad?

Ceejay - at least you know this program is working for you. Now recommit to staying on plan.

Susie - I agree with you that having some at home time to yourself to get projects done is a must. But so hard to fit in some social AND chore AND me time when you are working.

Hugs to you Annie

Gotta get ready to head to the dentist. I didn't sleep well at all. This is going to be a tough day for me. Hope yours is better.
  • Hey guys,

Texted briefly with Annie last night. "Hey my SIL Cindy has been diagnosed with kidney cancer in left kidney. Surgery scheduled in about 8 weeks. Slowing growing cancer. Said it has been there for 3 or 4 years." Anne will be at her side helping her through this. Cindy is her other sister in law, not Pia the wife of her brother Mike who passed away. Honestly I don't know how much more sadness this poor woman can take. She said she appreciates the good thoughts and prayers we send her. I guess there is a plan, somewhere, hard to understand when there are so many crap people who get away with stuff they don't deserve.

I finished the second day of dental work today. After over a dozen shots in my jaw the last 2 days and 6 hours in the dental chair, my jaw is crazy sore. I lisp from these temporary teeth. And I am really hurting. Will be that way for a few days. But the bulk of the work is done. Just some fine tuning next week and then the permanent crowns go on mid May.

I'm tired so will try and post in the morning. Just wanted to give an update on Anne.
  • Evening all,
    Thought it is way past time to come in here and post. Life gets somewhat busy at times and I forget I haven't been in here or even on the computer. I generally read the posts early in the morning and think I will get there today and reply and it just doesn't seem toa happen.
    I'm feeling a lot better now. I had a couple of weeks of pain, bruising and bloating but it mostly has disappeared now. I still can't sleep on my right side, sneezing hurts still but everything else is okay. I had a couple of days where it hurt to wear a bra but although they are still uncomfortable (well made in China) they are nowhere near as bad. I'm okay to do most things again now except walking the dog. I don't know that I could hold him if he wanted to go after a cat or another dog. I've given it another week for that. I think the worst part of this whole thing has been having to take pain killers. They tend to have an adverse effort on my body and it is a painful thing to be permanently constipated.
    Our weather has settled into a strange sort of Autumn. Lovely cool nights but very warm days. We're getting odd bouts of rain here and there which means that the garden gets watered a bit, but the ground is so hard from all that heat earlier on. I've spent a few days weeding, fertiliser and getting water down past the first few inches of soil. The vege garden is doing well. I planted lettuce, spinach, rocket, mini cauliflowers, broccoli, tomatoes and beans. We are eating the lettuce and rocket already. Haven't seen the spinach yet. When I was sowing the seed, the dog thought I was digging up one of his bones and dug the seeds out looking for the non-existent bone. So I'm not expecting much from that and planted some more yesterday. Was out the back mowing the lawn yesterday and turned around to find said dog lying flat out on the beans. He doesn't like the mower and so thought that he could hide in the bean patch!

Happy - hope that the teeth settle down soon. Take plenty of drugs when necessary. Mouth pain is awful. DH is taking some lovely photos lately. He really has a talent in that direction.

Laura - hope the b/f is doing okay now and is on the road to recovery. It must be very worrying about your mothers ailments. Those delusional episodes are very frightening and annoying. My mother had a few in her time. I feel for you.

Ceejay - Hope you are back on track now. It really annoys me when I get going on a plan and then for some reason unknown to man or the universe I go completely off track. Grrr.

Susie - hope you are back on track as well. It really gets me down when I can't get the things that need doing done. I've been that way since I broke the rib and it is only in the last week that I am actually planning and carrying out some household jobs. And it isn't as if I couldn't have done some of them even when the rib was at it's worst.

Annie - you poor thing. Will nothing go right at your place. Congratulations by the way on the wedding anniversary. Hope you had a nice time together, just the two of you.

Okay, time to get off here. I've been half watching a football game while writing this. My team was losing badly, but they seem to have woken up at last and are getting a few scores. And I should go on and do some French lessons as well. I've neglected them lately too.
  • Morning
    I made myself go to a weigh in this morning telling myself I need to get back on track. They measured me cause it's been 30 days since I've started the program. I've lost 2.5 inches over all. Wow, I really need to buckle down and do this. Guess I redeemed myself last night by eating a light snack and not grazing. I lost a .5 pound so I'm not complaining. We've set a goal that I set a timer for three hours at a time and I eat something at that time. It's almost time for the timer to go off, and it will be snack time. And take my supplements. I will be going to weigh in 2 times per week.

Happy
    Thanks for checking up on Annie. Guess I should do the same. I still have her phone number.

Shad
    Glad to hear that you are healing. I'm making myself get back on track.

Laura
    How is your mom and BF doing?

Susie
    Did you get back on track? I've decided to weigh in 2x's per week.
  • Happy Easter lovely ladies!
    Wishing you all a beautiful Easter. Trying to be grateful. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. Hugs.
  • Hello Dear Friends,
    I had a stomach bug all last week. It wiped me out on Sunday and I didnt go to church. I worked all week but was very slow as t everything I did and I am still eating very light.

I did work out every morning last week but I kept it low key and didnt push myself...just moved.

Didnt make it to TOPS due to a Honor Society recognition that Cailyn was in. We are into her "last" of activities and she is a Senior and graduates at the end of May. Time is and has flown by. She turned 18 yesterday, so many emotions for this Aunt.

Annie, sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. I am praying for her and all of you. I pray that it being a slow growing cancer is in her favor now that they discovered it.
    Hugs my dear friend

Happy: How are you feeling after the dentist?

When I read what you posted on Facebook it wore me out. I would be tired for days having all that work done. But think how nice your teeth will look and feel once it is all complete and I bet you will feel better all over.

Laura: you sure had and have a lot going on with BF's recent surgery and your mom's health issues. My prayers for good health to return for both of them.

Ceejay: I think it is a good idea to step on the scales a couple of times a week to know where things stand. It keeps me from getting too far off track.

Shad: glad to hear the ribs are healing; I know it takes awhile. It sounds like the garden is producing well.

It is time to get ready for church. We are having Easter Dinner out with my brother and his family and our friends that we vacation with. We are having dinner at 2 and I hope the crowds are lighter then.

Happy Easter!