April 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 3 of 38
Go to
  • Good Evening
    Hi

Just a quick check in, in hopes I don't eat any more.

Already 925 today vs 700 planned.
    Way over did it at breakfast and then did not log soon enough to realize the damage.

Diana- Hope the drop in meds helps!

Rachel- so grateful to folks like you who volunteer as an EMTs.

Ciecie- just looked up Leslie Sansone. Now I know what that is! Had somehow imagined walking outside with somebody saying what to do to you in your ear.

Once I took part in a "experience" at our local fringe fest that was just like that- maybe 50 people all with headsets walking around the city suddenly stopping and staring all at once, or mindfully looking at gravesites, or listening. An unembodied voice would tell was where to go and what to do. Got a lot of stares, but it was a lot of fun.

Well- just hope I get through this day without eating more.

Jazzband performance tonight- so there is not a lot of time to eat and I have trained myself for years not to take the cookies there, so they don't tempt me much- usually.
  • good evening! power walked to and home from my meeting tonight. ran errands both ways.
  • April 2019
    Hi! Hope you all are doing great.

I am feeling better tonight.

DID-ITS and DIDN'T-ITS:

1) no food mover; slips include donuts and frappe.

2) walked 30 minutes. No exercise yesterday.

3) got plants outdoors for a half a day.

TO-DOS:

1) Food mover

2) exercise

3) seedlings
  • Hi all,
    147.3 this morning

day was off kilter due to making a too early car appointment for this morning.
    I think I did ok even though I was over on my points, could have been a lot worse.

Anyhow, I wanted to check in, Hope everyone had a great day and a lovely evening
  • Hi Everyone!

Ms. Connie got the port but reacted to the anesthesia. She is doing fine but the Dr. chose not to start the chemo until next Wednesday.

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    salad w/grilled chicken & BHF's ranch 700

Exercise:
    TF Fire 55

Have a Blessed evening!
  • Good morning
    diana, it's good they found out about your hyperthyroidism. Hopefully by backing down on your Synthroid dose, you'll feel an improvement in the anxiety and get a more sound sleep.

Zallie, thank you for your kind words about first responders. I had to chuckle: I had thought kind of along the lines of what you thought what/Who Leslie Sansone was!

Didn't do well on exercise yesterday. Today's a new day.

Today's goals: fiber, 2 liters water, 1200 calories.
    Flat for 3 days.
    Over plan yesterday. 963 cal vs 700.
    So want some vigorous exercise, but holding off to try to heal. Will try a little pickleball tonight in prep for league match tomorrow to see if it holds up.
    Elbow is a lot better and am happy I can do pushups again Been doing them for the last few days without I'lill effect.
    Knee still swollen though. Back is enough better I am going try some core exercises snd see how I feel.

Today's goal 1000 cal.

I want to be kind. Guest still here. I don't know for how long and that's the rub. If it is 1 month or a year imore. Well it has been about a month, so it is longer than a month. When I go to work all day give back and make dinner and then hear the guest was with a friend all day, and did nothing towards helping themselves out of this situation, inside I am resentful. To me it is their job to get themselves self sufficient. Same for my daughter.
    This is hard for me.
    Want goals and progress each week. Having an otherwise homeless youth staying with me is complicated . I want you to help them out and want them to help themselves out.

Teri- way to walk!
  • good morning! will have breakfast and work out in a few minutes.
  • Hello everyone! I'm relatively new to the site and was hoping to join this thread. Daily accountability is SO important for me as pretty much all my naughtiness is in secret!

A little about me, I'm 26,very social, live in London and work in the city (staring at a screen for a big part of the day). I'm the biggest I've ever been and am FED UP! I'm trying the 5:2, and although some weeks have had great success, others I lost nothing and it's very demotivating..

Jules what you said about the unhealthy relationship with food really struck home for me. I have been EXACTLY the same, and get nervous of going back to that awful place.

I hope you're all having a lovely day!

G x
  • welcome to the group fatandashamed! will be a busy day here!
  • Good Morning, Everyone!

Fatandashamed Hi and welcome to the check-in.

Last night: Nothing, allergies
    This Morning: Oxycise (did the best I could with being sick)

Calories for yesterday: 1515 +
    Weigh In: 189.2
    No Change

Have a Blessed day.

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

April 3

Ecclesiastes 3:1
    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

There are times in our lives when a diet may be easier than at other times. In times of stress or tragedy, it may be impossible for us to lose weight. Diets take concentration and commitment. Things may come up to cause us to fall away from our diets, but we need to get started again as soon as possible. Just because we fail once doesn't mean we will fail every time. Pray for God's help and guidance. He will be faithful to help us through the tough times and the times we fail. God will make our way easier through His companionship and comfort.

Today's thought: There is no better time to diet than right now!
  • Good Morning weight 132.2, BP of 116/77

Yesterday was 1883 in/1960 out and walked 17,522 steps / 7 day average is 1772 in /1770 out with weight increase of 0.2 (and I am allowing 1lb day to day swing action limits at 132 and 136 - the only reason I am holding low right now is the next three days with eating out) / Today is planned for 1591 calories but may adjust with more exercise. Every day I am doing a look back over the past 7 days to make adjustements to targets (I do love me my cronometer )

Lost my long post yesterday so here goes - I shoud have saved before doing personals and save edits during personals. I lost is simply trying to put a darned emoticon on my last personal!

Went to gynecologist Monday and she says my cystocele (bladder prolapse) is undetectable and the rectocele (bowel prolapse) is unchanged - everything else in good shape. You know I do wish years ago I had found a lady doctor. The exam is so much less unpleasant with her. Cloth robes, padded stirrups, comfort! And I can have a frank discussion I am not sure I could have with a man doctor. Made appointment for plastic surgeon in May to evaluate for skin surgery. Appt on Monday with lawyer about threatening neighbor. [long story - won't bother new folks with it].

Today is the start of Beau and My cadaver dog recertification test. We won't be finished until Saturday so my next long post (if any) will be Sunday morning. While training I backed my car into another. So now I am waiting for the estimate. Honestly his car got far less damage than my own and I do feel terrible and will make it right. Time to install the darned back up camera or sensors. Those big trucks and their blind spots. Seriously most trucks have a big blind spot on the right side as well and it amazes me the liberties people in itty bitty cars take cutting in front of something that is 2-3 times its size! But this was all on me. I should have surveyed the area behind me before getting behind the wheel. I am a good and careful driver. Last time I backed into another car in a parking lot was 1978.

Jendiet - Will keep praying for you.

Diana - I hope dropping the synthroid dose helps. Sorry to hear about Ms Connie but glad they can restart the chemo. Ah. Menopause. Well there is another side afterwards. Start looking into vaginal estrogen (and be prepared for sticker shock!) when the time comes. It is worth every penny and wish I had been suggested to use that all along!!!

Fatandashamed - Welcome to the group. Daily posting really does seem to help a lot. Being on a computer all day is horrible for your body . When I started wearng a tracker I realize how many calories just daily moving about burn (I am a telecommuter and burn almost nothing while sitting). I have done well with the 16:8 fast (daily) have not tried 5:2 though. Keep it up and share your journey as we share ours! This group has been invaluable to me.

Zallie - we have struggled with (as have friends) opening up our home to people who need a boost and who don't seem to realize the gift they have been given. I know your reward is not praise and thanks but them getting things in order in their own life. Sometimes you have to set goals and limits. People take so much for granted. Frustrating, I know. I hope your knee gets to feeling better. The eating mindfully link was appropriate. You know I eat way too much in front of my computer and the TV and when our kids was growing up so much was 'on the run".......sitting down and eating should be an important part of our day! Congrats for the March weight loss - that is awesome!

Kelijpa - Neat and happy picture. The dog looks RACKED OUT

Teri - glad you are feeling better.

Flower - I wonder when you get back?

Nancy - it really is hard to NOT sweat the day to day. Here is to hoping for an overall loss for the week! You are doing well. I wish Renpho had a proper trend line. Between it and putting the weight data into my Garmin to get more accurate burn data, I retired the spreasheet as Cronometer imports the garmin weight and I can see a nice graph (Also wish it did trends but at least I can export data from Cronometer as a *.csv file if I have a geeky spell.

Ciece - glad to hear your dad is doing well. My goodness how many miles a day DO you walk?

Rachel - Neat that you are a volunteer EMT. Far more dangerous and heart rendering stuff you face than Wilderness Search and Rescue Volunteers (The disaster folks have it dangerous). Thank you! Yes I also hav a way around those pesky lost threads by remembering to always save before scrolling backwards which is why it threw me when putting in an emoticon not only destroyed the post but there was no autosave

Jules - your personal analysis really was very insightful. I think that is part of a succesful journey. We are all different and all face different challenges and may find different solutions but knowing yourself is a big part of the path to get there and worthwhile to be sure.
  • good morning again! just had breakfast. will work out in a few minutes.
  • Good afternoon to most!
    WI was good 159.2 a bit of a bump up but I expected that since PF has become MIA. But overall loss for the week (this was offical WI day) was a loss of 1.8lb for the week. Now I am getting excited to hit that 15lb loss mark which is 3.6lb from now. That would be the goal I started with to hit before my trip at the end of May.

We are fighting wth new phone systems at work, They installed them but did not leave/train us on how they work to transfer, conf call etc....sheesh they told us to watch youtube and read the manual online....got to love xfinity/comcast sheesh. So I am going back to figure this out. Back later for long needed personals...
  • Hello all,
    147.2 this morning

Another weird day, but better. We were out today. Got lots done, had a big salad since all my points were gone. I have my app set for losing that’s why I’m having a bit of a relearning curve to stay within those numbers. Anyway, all good, I just would like to maintain at a couple pounds lower, but if I’m not enjoying it I’ll just maintain where I’m at.

Nancy proud of you and happy for you busting out of that plateau you were in for so long.

Diana hope you’re feeling better soon

GrannyNancy you’re doing great. The autosave thing is acting wonky for me, I thought I lost this post then it brought back some, weird. At first it said I wasn’t logged in even though I was, goofy thing. Oh well, now I’m back to save, edit, save...

ok, time to get out for a walk before dark.

hope everyone has a great day/evening