March 2019 Daily Thread

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Welcome to a new month following South Beach Diet.
    We are a small group who focus on posting daily while staying On Plan. Anyone is welcome just jump on in!
  • Good evening chicks.
    I turned the page on the calendar this morning; thought I would follow through and start a new thread too.
    I am officially going for 3 pounds of loss this month since the scale moved the wrong direction during the second half of February.
    I will do smart shopping and meal planning this weekend

Here's to an OP month!
  • Good morning,

Beth here is to an op month for all of us and making smart choices. Today I need to go grocery shopping to that end.

Have a great day.
  • Goodmorning all! If it's okay I would love to join this small group. So that I can post and keep accountable. I really want to succeed and stay on a healthy plan for life. I have tried south beach before and found my way back to the baking section. I did really well for a few years while in college about 12 years ago. Then life spiraled out of control, married, kids, cross county move, etc. I became complacent and lazy. I am ready for a change. So here we go.
  • Good morning!

hello crisburke and welcome! Jump right in we are a small group but pretty consistent!
    Where do you live? I’m in Colorado and turn 61 tomorrow. I own a laundromat, several rentals and still do 2?days a week as a waitress.

Soeaking of, I’m at work so just a quick hello! We had snow last night so I had to run out the door this morning and do some snow shoveling. Poor Kirk, it’s his birthday today and I had to hit the floor running. He gets his cast off tomorrow. That will be a happy day for him.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Good morning chicks!
    Welcome Cris! You will find loads of good motivating info & links here. I've lost 20#s since joining last July, with the last couple up & down since the holidays. I know without this group, I'd likely have regained most & given up yet again. No more. We all keep coming back, resetting as needed & keep going. I look forward to reading more from you.
    Happy Birthday tomorrow, Lexxiss!
    I'm with you for a new month, Pearlrose & Beth. No shamrock shakes for me this year (I usually indulge in one, maybe half a small after Lent). Why, oh why, must they be so delicious?!? Maybe there's a cauliflower version...lol. Sorry, feeling silly this morning, I guess.
  • Good morning,

We are in the middle of a snow storm so won't be going anywhere today that's for sure. I did get my grocery shopping done yesterday so am good to go. I am going in tomorrow so hopefully roads will be better by then.

Welcome Chris.

• Good day chicks.
    I've been to the grocery store and am ready for the week, I think. I made some spinach quiche yesterday; I find having breakfast ready to go really helps me. I will also chop some veggies for quick lunch packing.

Welcome crisburke! It's nice to see someone new join in. As Cenari said, we keep resetting and refocusing in an effort to stay on track. I always find a need to regroup after the holidays and sometimes it takes more than one try!

Debbie, happy birthday to you and Kirk! It was (not) my birthday this week; I have to wait until next February. For only the second time in my teaching career I have a Leap Day student; he and I bonded over having an unusual birthday. Hope the day at the restaurant was lucrative.

Pearlrose, we have sun right now but are supposed to get a few inches of snow overnight. I think the worst of it will miss us.

Cenari, I tend to use Lent as a motivator for doubling down on OP eating. I'm not sure about that cauliflower shake though.

Have a good day all.
  • Thank you all! You're so welcoming. I am from northern California originally. We are now in Eastern Oklahoma. Completely different then our home town. We are in transition now. Not sure when we will be moving. I am back in college again part time, working, raising the kids and trying to stay motivated. I think this will be awesome to keep up with others that have similar goals!
  • Hi Chicks!
    Cold temps are back here in WNC, but snow only on distant mountain tops.
    We're back on the road today returning to DDs for the week.
    Cris, transitions are stressful & you have a lot going on. SB is easy to follow with some planning ahead. The first few days can be a challenge, but it does work to control hunger & cravings.
    Hope everyone has a great day✌
  • Good morning,

We are in super cold temps again, sigh. Should be back to 40's by the weekend, at least the sun is out today. Did I mention I am tired of Winter? lol Trying to make good food choices, I am joining Beth in using lent to make sure I stick to no sugar. Yesterday was in office, today at home and tomorrow start at work. Still no word on work situation, just taking it day to day, as from our last meeting it could be months before anything is announced. They still have not scheduled second round of interviews either.....

Beth glad the snow missed you all
    Cenari safe travels
    Debbie hope you had a great birthday
    Cris California to Oklahoma is quite the change

• Good morning,

Busy couple of days, today I go back for follow up with doctor, lets see what she says. I also found out I am being scheduled for next round of interviews, there are 3 of us so wish me luck, should hopefully be next week. I have also been on Phase 1 today is day 3, needed it again due to sugar, so good thing I decided to give up sugar for lent.

• Good afternoon, Pearlrose and other chicks!
    This is really Day 2 of my re-focus; I am not completely doing P1 (I had 1/2 a banana today) but am eating much better than I had been. It is so easy to slip back into bad habits during the holidays and so hard to get back on the wagon. Like I already said, I am going for 3 pounds this month. The weather is still COLD but I think we are moving into a bit of a warming trend this weekend. I would just be happy to have the ice in the driveway melt. I've been battling a cold this week so I have not been exercising but will get back at it next week.
    Pearlrose, I'm glad you finally heard about the interviews; I will be sending you good thoughts. Hope the doctor has good news not bad.

Have a good evening, chicks.
  • Hello everyone!

it’s been an interesting couple of days if anyone saw the news with all the avalanches we are having. I sat in traffic for three hours trying to get our laundry order from the ski area on Tuesday after they shot a big avalanche. Then we made it over to Glenwood super early yesterday for Kirks big dental appointmenttoday . We were heading out the door at 5 AM to come back over when I checked the roads and interstate 70 had been closed again. There were two potential detour routes and I wasn’t really excited about one because it put us on a small road in the high country. I chose the other one and then the first detour was closed for a natural slide. It’s still closed tonight. It took about five hours today for a usual two hour trip. On the last leg of our journey we go through the big tunnels at the continental divide and there were no lights. I guess they closed it right after we went through because with the power outage there were no exhaust fans. I was really glad to be home

hate to say it but now I am ready for bed. I hope tomorrow is an eventful. I don’t have to go anywhere.

Rose, I’m glad you finally heard about interviews!

• Good morning,

I am on day 4 of Phase 1 and think I am over the hump, I will transition to Phase 1.5 and add some fruit. Scale is back down to where I started the month, so now to lose the other 3 I wanted to this month. Follow up interviews will probably be the week of the 25th of March, hard to get on the VP's calendars, I have 2 separate appt's. Visit to the doc yesterday did not yield too much information, but she gave me another shot in my left knee and told me I could phase out crutches and if knees are still hurting me, then she will scope the left knee out. Hoping this shot will do what the last one did not, so some progress.

Beth I think we are finally going to stay in the 40's for highs at least for this week.

Debbie ugh I did not hear about the avalanches, glad you all made it safely. How did Kirk's dental work go?