Ideal Protein - 2019 is anyone active on the program?

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • 2 days ago was my IP consult, yesterday was my first official day back on IP, and today I had my first physical in 7 years! With the same PCP that started me on my IP journey back in 2012. I moved job sites (just moved back), and the only doctor I had seen since was the OB from having babies (3 years agi!). Did my annual exam, blood work, pap smear, and scheduled my first mammy (I'm 45yo). So I'm feeling pretty good about putting my health first.
    I did all my veggie prep work for Wed-Fri on Tue night (after my initial IP visit) - got my broccoli, cauli, yellow squash prep with boiling, roasting, blending, freezing - all in containers for lunch, dinner, & snack - all lined up in the fridge with my packets and supplements parsed out - so No Excuses for LizRR!
    I will say, as an "old timer" it's nice to see some of the "freebies" on the new sheet - I remember having to count my spinach and celery as part of my select veggies - more than iceberg lettuce is free now! I am adding a 'free salad' to my routine that I didn't before with a DIY dressing (ACV, mustard, lemon juice, salt). I'm going to just power through these first 2 weeks and see how it goes...the closer I stick to plan the faster it goes!!!!
  • what am I doing wrong ??
    I am relatively new to the diet , started in March.........so I have been on the diet for over a month now and I have only lost 5 pounds and 3% body fat. I drink ton of water 72 oz a day, I am taking all the supplements, weighing my dinner protein, 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. I usually have the pancakes or oatmeal for breakfast with black coffee. I have 1 restricted snack a day. I have been getting anywhere from 6000-12000 steps a day weather permitting. So............ why am I not losing weight?
    Is it the snacks ?
  • Hi all...

Still here!! Let's keep this going!! 💕💕
  • Quote: I am relatively new to the diet , started in March.........so I have been on the diet for over a month now and I have only lost 5 pounds and 3% body fat. I drink ton of water 72 oz a day, I am taking all the supplements, weighing my dinner protein, 2 cups of veggies with lunch and dinner. I usually have the pancakes or oatmeal for breakfast with black coffee. I have 1 restricted snack a day. I have been getting anywhere from 6000-12000 steps a day weather permitting. So............ why am I not losing weight?
    Is it the snacks ?
    A few questions, how much do you have to lose? I only ask because typically those with more weight lose it faster from a straight numbers standpoint. Do you have a metabolic/endocrine disorder or hormone imbalance (thyroid/Hashimotos, PCOS, menopause, etc), because that can cause slow losses - but I remember several past IPers who noted this was the only diet that they actually slow/steady lost on. Also, I know some folks would do "IP Boot Camp" if they wanted to jumpstart losses - basically cutting out all restricted and occasional veggies and replacing your 8oz protein with an IP packet. Post up your menu and maybe we can brainstorm.
  • I had a weekend in San Antonio my first IP week, did "okay" but wasn't able to meal plan 100% - if anything I wasn't able to eat enough. I'm back today, my WI #1 is tomorrow at 4:15pm....we'll see how I do this Round 2!!!! It's been 7 years and a couple more kids - hopeful for some pounds off!!!!
  • On the IP plan for two weeks now.
    Hi,

I have lost 10 lbs plus in two weeks but tomorrow is check in for week three and I know I have gained. One holiday meal with family did it. Hard to stay on track when I travel. Need to get back on track for week four.

Thanks,
    143goalforme
  • My first week weigh in im down -7.8 pounds
  • Woo-Hoo!! My WI#1 and down 8.2! I know it's mostly water weight, but still motivating! And we went out of town for Easter weekend, glad that didn't throw me off too much. I'm trying to use the "What Are You Eating" thread to keep me on track with planning.
    My coach has expired packets for 50% off so I have been cleaning her out of the unrestricted packets. So expect a lot of broccoli and potato and pineapple-banana packets. I picked up some strawberry-banana RTD ... Trying to come up with a recipe for that to make it more filling.
  • Here's to another go
    I too am restarted my journey. I lost 50+ in 2012/2013 and gained it all back bt bot phasing off properly and thinking I can do it on my own. It was hard initially mentally but as soon as I saw the weight coming off it soon became easy. Looking forward to a successful restart and hoping we can all motivate each other as there are usually many naysayers in regards to the protocol. I guess I'll just tell people keto so I dont get the gasps, "why's" and "but your bot fat" remarks.
    I'm on vacay now and saw myself in the mirror and wearing swimsuits and don't like what I see or how I feel. Just ordered (from my hotel room) my vitamins from swansons and some premier clear shakes from Amazon. Going to Sam's on Friday am to get more shakes and veggies. Initially I want to hit it hard and do shake for breakfast, shake for lunch with veggies and a dinner. This will make cooking initially easier and help me get back into the swing of things. Looking to lose 50+ pounds. Hoping to lose at least 50 by October 2019 starting with 15 in the first month. I can't wait to read about everyone's victories both scale and non scale and swe before and after pics. They really help with motivation and staying OP.
  • Hi All, It’s been pretty quiet lately. Hoping everyone is doing well.
    Best,
    Jami
  • Started back up last Monday, 5/27 and doing good! Will try and post daily! 🙂
  • I am so glad to have found this discussion. I am having a hard time knuckling down and giving IP my full commitment. I have a coach and want to stick to the plan. I did my first IP and met my goal several years ago. Gained it back and this led me to find that my thyroid was wonky. Now I'm 57, in menopause and am at 186. Goal is 145.

I joined TOPS as a support ... It's really great. Now if I could just stick to IP 100% ... I want to meet my goal by November... I think we can all cheer one another on. Thanks for any and all advice for how to fully commit. I could use some tips for not cheating!
  • Someone get me a muzzle for the weekends!!! I had some bites of cheese, meats, nuts at a playdate - but that was nothing compared to the WINE I drank. I am so good during the weekday - have all my IP food & veggies prepped for breakfast, snack, lunch, dinner is easy enough. Then the weekend hits me. I know it is slowing my losses - this second go round is so hard. I just need to commit to try ONE WEEKEND, then another, then another. This isn't forever....
  • Hi everyone, I just started IP this past Monday. So far, so good. 58 y.o., 5'3", starting weight 195, goal is 145. 2 years ago I was down to goal, then (ex)husband died (it's complicated.) Just ate and drank. Not good. No more drinking and now, I'm tackling the food issue that has been with me all my life. Bev

Wow! I just saw my 2007 weights. At least I didn't gain it all.
  • Quote: Hi everyone, I just started IP this past Monday. So far, so good. 58 y.o., 5'3", starting weight 195, goal is 145. 2 years ago I was down to goal, then (ex)husband died (it's complicated.) Just ate and drank. Not good. No more drinking and now, I'm tackling the food issue that has been with me all my life. Bev

Wow! I just saw my 2007 weights. At least I didn't gain it all.
    Welcome back! We are just about the same stats for start/goal!