Thanks for All the Support!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Harry and I just came back from a very thorough check-up with our wonderful doctor. Harry has had a small stroke (TIA) which is causing the confusion and memory problems. His meds have been reviewed and changed slightly and he will be having a CT scan to determine just how much brain damage has occurred. In the meantime, no driving for him and no alcohol with dinner. It's the end of an era!

So I am once more in the role of caregiver and will just have to deal with it. The doc hopes the dementia will disappear as the brain circuits renew themselves. The scan and further observations will tell us if this is going to happen.

Cherish your normal lives, chickies. They can disappear in a second!

Thank you all so much for your love, support, prayers and good thoughts. They mean so much to me.
  • Oh Ruthie, I wish I had some wonderful insightful advice to give you. All I can offer is my love and support. Please remember that I am sending lots of healing prayers to Harry, and prayers of strength for you. I hope that the damage is minimal and that at least some of it can be reversed.
  • Ruth, thanks for letting us know how Harry is doing. DH and I will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Don't take on too much... get help when you need it, and remember I'm here. I'm not that far away if you need me.
  • Ruth remember part of being a caregiver is taking care of yourself. We are here for you and will continue to keep you both in our thoughts & prayers. :
  • Ruth, continued prayers and healing thoughts for you and Harry are hurling through cyber space at this very moment! When being the caretaker gets to be too much, just stop by here and let us take care of you!
  • Dear, dear, Ruth.....

I'm sending you flowering thoughts all wrapped in

a package full of prayers, healthy wishes, and strength

to go on.

Can you feel the loving vibes coming to you over

the miles?? We are always here when you need us.

~Sharon
  • Ruth-Sorry to hear that Harry did have a stroke. Hopefully, since it was a small one, he will regain most or all of his memory. DH and I are sending lots of healing vibes his way, and you are BOTH in our thoughts. xxoo
  • Sorry about your DH Ruth, will keep him in my prayers.

Take Sflake's advise ... part of being a caregiver is taking care of yourself ...
  • Ruth, I am really sorry about Harry! I hope he recovers soon. I'll keep you both in my prayers!
  • Let the Sunshine IN
    Ruth,

The sun will shine again. Maybe not as bright, but in the newness you will find your own ray of sunshine.

Always in my prayers,
    Marcie
  • Hang in there, Ruth! I'm betting that Harry will be all right in a few weeks!
  • Dear Ruthie,

Continued possitive thoughts and prayers coming your way. Please do take care of yourself AND accept help, which I'm sure will be offered.

You and Harry are surrounded by lots of love - cyber and otherwise.
  • Harry will bounce back Ruthie, he always does. It just takes some time.

Hugs and kisses to the both of you, if you need ANYTHING please let me know if I can be of help.

Love Yah
  • Hi Ruth. I am so sorry to hear about Harry. My thoughts are with you both. Please let us know how he is getting on.
    And if you need a glass of good wine to pamper yourself a bit - you know where I am!

Love Ann
  • I just want to send my love and support!!