Random

• Hi everyone I'm new here (just registered this evening) and I need some insight.
    Actually, I really need a friend.

I've been feeling upset or stressed and I tend to stress-eat (I didn't want to put this in the overeating/binge help thread because it isn't that extreme)

But I tend to eat more when I'm on breaks at work or out with friends; it's not the amount so much as the types of food I'm eating.

Usually it's chocolate, candy, or comfort foods, maybe Starbucks, whatever I feel like I want. After I eat I end up feeling worse because the temporary happy feeling fades as soon as I realize what I've done...

How do I stop it? Should I set alarms or put important notes in my phone to remind myself not to waste money on stress snacking?

It's really gotten out of hand and I will take any advice I can get at this point (if this has to be moved to a different thread I understand.)
  • Have you considered dehydration? Drink 2 gallons of water per day and it will suppress your appetite
  • Quote: Have you considered dehydration? Drink 2 gallons of water per day and it will suppress your appetite
    I don't understand lol, dehydration means never drinking anything? I'm not trying to starve here, I just need some tips to stop stress-eating in a healthy way.
  • dehydration means your body is thirsty but you don't know it so you over eat instead, it is the root of overeating. you just need more water or water based foods like.... and and
  • Would it be possible for you to carry some carrot sticks, celery, or fruit with you, or start with eliminating the Starbucks? Those darned Starbucks drinks have a lot of sugar in them. I agree with drinking more water, or if you'd like the drink to appear more special, try sparkling water. I find that I will sip sparkling water and it helps fill me up.

I know carrot sticks and/or celery don't have the same appeal as candy or chocolate or crisps, but I believe it's the ingredients in the junk foods that make you want more. If you can start cutting them out, then your body would get used to snacks that taste good but don't have the damaging effects.
  • You should try to go to Fitness. When you do exercise, your body is dehydrated, you will have to rehydrate to balance your body and you will not feel more eating and instead eat healthier I thing so!
  • Quote: Hi everyone I'm new here (just registered this evening) and I need some insight.
    Actually, I really need a friend.
    Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
    I've been feeling upset or stressed and I tend to stress-eat (I didn't want to put this in the overeating/binge help thread because it isn't that extreme)

But I tend to eat more when I'm on breaks at work or out with friends; it's not the amount so much as the types of food I'm eating.

Usually it's chocolate, candy, or comfort foods, maybe Starbucks, whatever I feel like I want. After I eat I end up feeling worse because the temporary happy feeling fades as soon as I realize what I've done...

How do I stop it? Should I set alarms or put important notes in my phone to remind myself not to waste money on stress snacking?

It's really gotten out of hand and I will take any advice I can get at this point (if this has to be moved to a different thread I understand.)
    Drink 2 gallons of water per day and it will suppress your appetite

Tags

random, stress eating