water retention?

• Hi all,

I lost weight this past summer and then gained it all back this winter (I know, I know). however since restarting my caloric deficit (I have 70lbs to lose initially, maybe another 20 after that depending on how I feel) and resuming workouts (2 hrs of martial arts weekly, four 45-60min sessions of Strong Curves weekly), I've lost Nothing.

Typically eating 1500-1700 nets me at least 1lb a week but after an initial 3lb drop, I regained it and remain at my starting weight. And yes I am counting everything. I am eating protein at 115g, slightly over lean body mass, max of 130g carbs, avg of 70g fat. this has been gold for me in the past.

I know lifting weights causes water retention, especially if you're just starting or resuming after a long break, but isn't there a limit to how much water you can hold onto? how long would I be holding onto it? it hasn't quite been long enough to see a big, definitive change in waist or hip measurements either, so I'm going a lil nuts.

I'm gonna keep going like this for another two to four weeks... but seriously, how much water can you hold onto??? good lord.