Fat To Thin, I Will Win!

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • Renee & Corinna: despite eating OP, I didn’t lose weight the first 2 weeks of January. It happens and means nothing. Just keep on keepin’ on

Meals: OMAD today. Scallops and bacon in garlic butter, kale/cabbage salad with sunflower seeds & poppy seed dressing. DeeeeeLIsh! And lots of herbal tea.

Exercise: laying off the yoga last couple days - just want a break for my left knee.

Positive: had a lovely supper with a male friend last night. We’re going to a Cirque show on ice Feb 10.

Negative: not really a negative but I’m super impatient for my vacation to Costa Rica. We leave Feb 13 .. in 2 weeks and 3 days. first world problems as I like to call them.

Once a week weigh-in: Saturday Jan 1st 177 lbs, Jan 12th 177 pounds, Jan 19 175.2 pounds and Jan 26 173.8.
  • Breakfast: Banana
    Dinner: Creole Salad (Quinoa, Kidney Beans, Lime, Avocado, etc)
    Supper: Popcorn
    Exercise: 2 mile walk

Positive: Feeling better today. Not as bloated. Thank goodness for meds. Had a nice walk to church in the afternoon.
    Negative: I think one of my diet partners is being kind of aloof. I think she may be throwing in the towel on her efforts. I hope not. I hope she hangs in there. I know it is a long battle, but I know she can do it if she really puts her mind to it. Perhaps something else is bothering her.......

Renee-hope you are doing fine. Hope that sun comes out and dries up all that rain water for you. Did you have to move your horses to another area?

Follena-you must be getting real excited about your trip. Have you bought any new clothes to wear there?
  • Meals: Cream, scallops, cut up orange pepper, steak for supper.

Exercise: Yoga.

Positive: Corinna I'm all set for Costa Rica. Yes, I bought the tank tops and shorts I needed. Have my little umbrella & flashlight, books and lunch kit (for drinks) and everything laying in a certain area of my walk-in closet .. even my suitcases are in there .. just waiting to be packed

Negative: my weight loss ain't great this month but at least I ate right and started yoga. Only so much a girl can do

Once a week weigh-in: Saturday Jan 1st 177 lbs, Jan 12th 177 pounds, Jan 19 175.2 pounds and Jan 26 173.8.
  • Breakfast: oatmeal with blueberries
    Lunch: avocado sandwich
    Snack: banana
    Dinner: sliced fruit, roast chicken, cauliflower, sweet potato

Exercise:
    2 hrs. barn work

Positive: the sun was shining
    Negative: preparing for snow tomorrow, then very, very cold temperatures for a couple of days. They're saying -20 with the wind chill.

Corrina - yes I had to move the horses to different stalls. Thank goodness I have extra stalls available.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!
  • Meals: Cream, cut up red pepper, steak, and cashews for supper.

Exercise: I think just brisk walk to the mall from my office and back.

Positive: I successfully won a bid on eBay for a pair of Bose Quietcomfort noise cancellation headphones YAY! And my boss approved Earned Days Off (EDOs) so I work a bit longer for 9 days but take every 2nd Monday off YAY! Coffee with my best friend at lunch and supper at Red Lobster with my niece tomorrow. Life is good.

Negative: Renee Would you believe it was minus 30 celsius last night and today we have an Extreme Cold warning with wind chill values in the -40 to -45 range ? Yeah. I'm ready for Costa Rica in 2 weeks! I mean, people basically stay indoors or dress incredibly warm with very little skin showing if they have to be outdoors.

Once a week weigh-in: Saturday Jan 1st 177 lbs, Jan 12th 177 pounds, Jan 19 175.2 pounds and Jan 26 173.8. Today was a nice little surprise when scale said 172.6.
  • Breakfast: Nutrition Drink
    Dinner: Jackfruit patties, sweet potato baked fries, salad
    Supper: Nuts
    Exercise: 4 mile walk& jog

Positive: Got a dusting of snow. Not too much, so was able to get a walk in yesterday.
    Negative: Got to get this body moving more so I can get the weight down.

Renee-glad to learn you had the extra space available for your horses. I tried some Jackfruit yesterday. It worked out pretty good. Have you ever tried it?

Follena-oh my goodness, it is so cold there. I can understand why you are so excited to go to Costa Rica. Congratulations on your e-bay winning. You got the headphones you wanted. Yippee!
  • Renee: no matter how cold, if that sun is shining it makes such a huge difference. It was shining here too this week so it made things bearable. I have a sun lamp I should start using.
    Corinna: Thx can't wait to start using the headphones when they arrive. Good on you for the 4 mile walk/jog. I want to start that in the spring.

Meals: Cream, SKYR yogurt, chicken breast stuffed with feta/spinach, steak & shrimp, broccoli, butter.

Exercise: Just a brisk walk to the mall from my office and back.

Positive: My weight is dropping because I stopped the yoga for the last week. I'll pick it up again when I get closer to goal weight. After work I'm tired and not ready to commit to that just yet. I quit smoking and am eating LCHF so I don't need to go over the top.

Negative: Nothing really. Just staying warm and grateful for Life's blessings.

Once a week weigh-in:
    Saturday Jan 5th 177 lbs
    Jan 12th 177 lbs
    Jan 19 175.2 lbs
    Jan 26 173.8.
    Today was a huge surprise when scale said 171.5
    Lunch: chicken soup, avocado sandwich
    Dinner: sliced fruit, pork chop, carrots, noodles

Exercise: 2 hrs. barn work

Positive: we got about 4 inches of beautiful, fluffy snow
    Negative: the wind is howling at 35-40 miles an hour with a temperature of -2. I hope my car starts tomorrow. I have an appointment to get a perm.

You are both doing great with your healthy eating and weight loss. Me not so much
  • Breakfast: Nutrition Drink
    Dinner: Saag Paneer Indian Food, Tempeh Balls
    Supper: Guacamole and MultiGrain Chips
    Snack: Protein Bar
    Exercise: Walk 2 miles

Positive: Got my Christmas decorations put away and a bit of house cleaning yesterday. Feels good to have the house looking clean and change in appearance for those rooms. House work counts as exercise too. Just got to keep moving.
    Negative: Still have a few more rooms to clean. Will do them on my next break in about 4 days.

Renee-I think you are sticking to your portion sizes though, right. So eventually you will see some success. Hang in there. I am counting on you to pull through. I know you can do it.
    Follena-looks like you will have a good weigh-in on Saturday. Just a few days away to keep those good results sticking.

• Meals: Cream, SKYR yogurt, chicken breast stuffed with feta/spinach, cashews for supper (feeling lazy)

Exercise: Brisk walk to the mall from my office and back.

Positive: Tomorrow is Friday and then weekend. Saw a lovely friend for coffee at lunch break today.

Negative: I am quite underslept as of late. Could really use a good straight 9 hours tonight. Here's hoping ...

Once a week weigh-in:
    Saturday Jan 5th 177 lbs
    Jan 12th 177 lbs
    Jan 19 175.2 lbs
    Jan 26 173.8
    Feb 2
    Lunch: chicken sandwich
    Dinner: steak, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, broccoli

Positive: my barn water wasn't frozen at -8 degrees this morning

Negative: nothing

Have a great Friday!
  • Breakfast: Nutrition Drink, Banana
    Dinner: Egg Salad sandwich, pringles
    Exercise: Elliptical, stretching

Positive: Glittery snow on morning walk around house. Very pretty.
    Negative: Still got a long way to go. One day at a time.

Renee-you were lucky that water wasn't frozen. I guess that made it a little easier for you to change it out. Stay warm.
    Follena-Hope you slept better and got the sleep you needed. I can imagine you walking briskly in that cold air. Brr.

Tomorrow is weigh-in. Good luck ladies!

• Corinna: thank you so much ... not sure what is going on with my sleep these days. Think I might be crazy excited about my vacation in 12 sleeps
    Hey, I looked at your weight on your profile page and it doesn't look like you have a long way to go. Or is that weight wrong? I was thinking to myself, oh I can't wait to be in the 150s
    Renee: have you considered eating low carb healthy fat? No bread, pasta or potatoes, but lots of healthy fat like butter and you don't have to count calories. Try it for a couple months. I still think you could eat your oatmeal at breakfast. I once asked a doctor how he stayed so slim. He said the only time he ate carbs was at breakfast. His lunch and supper only included carbs from veggies, everything else was protein or healthy fat. I've read a ton of books but DietDoctor is an excellent site.

Meals: Cream, coconut flavored SKYR yogurt, lunch is roasted brussels sprout salad with soppressata (salami), parsnip, apple, almond, lemon dressing and fried egg. I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and excited to give the brussels sprout salad a go. Steak for supper.

Exercise: Today is the first day I'm able to park my car 10 blocks from the office to have my nice morning walk. My knee cooperated and we had a couple days reprieve from the nasty cold.

Positive: Being able to walk normal again. Weekend is upon us.

Negative: Last night was another non-sleep night. I think my body just needs 5 hours these days since I'm not exercising? I dunno. Getting old is weird.

Once a week weigh-in:
    Saturday Jan 5th 177 lbs
    Jan 12th 177 lbs
    Jan 19 175.2 lbs
    Jan 26 173.8
    Feb 2
    Lunch: leftover steak
    Dinner: cucumbers, sausage, orzo, italian vegetables

Getting ready for a Superbowl party on Sunday. Going to warm up to near 60 this weekend!
  • Breakfast: Banana, Nutrition Drink
    Dinner: Mexican Bean Casserole
    Supper: Mock Chik Pattie
    Exercise: Elliptical, stretching

Positive: Many food temptations at work, and I was able to say no and avoid them.
    Negative: I saw others who were on a diet weaken and succumb to the temptations. I should have been more supportive to them, but I was worried about offending them. I couldn't think of an on the spot easy way to encourage them at the time.

Renee-Finally some warmer weather is headed your way. Yippee! What are you going to make for Superbowl Sunday? I will be at work and we are having a festive meal there. I am trying to come up with some type of veggie dish/veggie appetizers still to bring. Nobody there likes hummus with celery/carrots. I was told spinach is a no. Another doesn't like cheese. So I am still working on what to bring to share.

Follena-My weight numbers are right. Just a life-long journey of going up and down with the numbers and trying to stay in a good healthy spot. The older I get, the more my body changes, so I have to find new ways to deal with it. It won't be long for you now to reach 150. You are doing good!

Today's weigh in shows..........: down 5 lbs! Yippee! I knew the weight gain from last time had to be my kidney stones acting up. So really I probably had a loss last week of a few pounds. I'm still on track. Hope you both have great success too.

Weigh-in Results
    01/01/2019 Start 158.5
    01/05/2019 -6.5lbs 152
    01/12/2019 -1.5lbs 150.5
    01/19/2019 -1.5lbs 149
    01/26/2019 +1.5lbs 150.5
    02/02/2019 -5.0 lbs 145.5
    Total = -13.0 lbs