January 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 4 of 40
Go to
  • Diana, thank you for your faithfulness! When I use mobile and go advanced, I get an "auto-saved" box and my post may get lost but a lot of the time there is a restore auto saved content box...

dream, ceejay, fullsteam, fashionjunky, kdmay WELCOME OR WELCOME BACK as appropriate

Granny, I hate tech issues, they can really frustrate you. Interesting gadgets....I lost my tracker AGAIN and may actually invest in a higher priced one you can beep or call or can just shower with...

Jules, that is awesome that you maintained that loss in a rest period. My body also likes to stick in the 180s. Awesome that your husband is on board

ciecie, I hope you had a good day at work.

Larry, awesome...what are the staples of keto?

Nancy, as long as you perservere, that's just a bump.

keli, yes you are great at maintaining!

OK yesterday was a little trying. I made arrangements outside of our court order for him and his mom to have time with boys. It seems like they threw it in my face. I asked for them to leave Sunday and be back New Years at 2 pm. When his mom picked them up, I reiterated that I would pick thme up at 2 on New Years. I had to tell her 3 times and she rolled her eyes at me (should have told me) but then I made plans with my friends daughter to meet her and her kids at movie theater to watch Grinch...so I called him at 1149 am to ask hI'm to have them dressed in decent clothes because I was coming at 2pm and we had a movie at 3:10pm.

he SEEMED to understand. Then I noticed he called at 1:30 and called him back at 145 and I tell him I'm on my way and he's all "you're coming now??? Joyce is making dinner for them, their clothes aren't dry"

Now I'm a very patient person but to me THIS is beyond ridiculous!! I was like I told YOU at 1149 and I told HER 3X when she picked them up...they kept acting like they were clueless ...so I found the text where I made the original plans with HI'M and he was like you sent this WEEK'S ago (well yeah, I plan ahead)...then we were late because HE didn't have the car seats (at his moms) and I had to pick them up...we also needed dinner. .so I got to movies a little late.

BUT WHERE did I not effectively communicate to them BOTH the plan, that they acted completely clueless???

anyways, I enjoyed the movie and had the snacks and stuff during the movies to enjoy my meal

I woke up today to 182.0, but I'm somewhere in PMS land, maybe 3 days, maybe 5..so not too bad. I was going to do OMAD but got overly hungry again...I think it's because I used whipped cream which is low carb but still stimulating in my coffee instead of xylitol and heavy cream. I have been using whipped cream in tea too...will be able to evaluate true effects after Tom leaves

• Jendiet - more later but what I do is have one place to charge my watch and simply charge it while showering tada! Mine actually is waterproof but i think it nice to remove it once a day and dry the skin under it as well as the band. - The newest Fitbit Charge 3 is waterproof though and pretty affordable.
  • Just weighed myself again this afternoon. Make that a (7) SEVEN pound loss since yesterday. What a whoose !!

And that was AFTER eating a nice large lunch 12 ounces of salmon cooked in olive oil and a half cup of walnuts. I am eating far more calories on the Keto diet than I have been and the plateau ended as a result. Amazing to me.
  • Quote: Larry, awesome...what are the staples of keto?
    Jendiet: Here is a good site for beginning Keto

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto

Here is a link for learning Vegetarian Keto

https://www.ruled.me/comprehensive-g...etogenic-diet/

Check them out and I will be glad to answer any questions. Just remember I am learning also.
  • larryh, congrats on the 7 pounds loss! great way to start off the new year. got home from power walking and running errands in a nearby community a few minutes ago. will go for another power walk and run one more errand in a few minutes.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome. I am excited to be accountable on a daily basis, although I only weigh myself once a week. I reached my 10,000 steps today which I keep track of with a FitBit and it was my second day on the low carb (probably more of a moderate diet) as well as watching calories. I also am doing the 16:8 intermittent fasting which means I skip breakfast and am done eating by 8 p.m. every night. I think I am getting the low carb "headache" which I knew would happen from my previous experience with Whole 30 a couple of years ago.

I enjoyed reading through the thread to see a bit about each of the posters and am wish you all success. I am 35 and a mom to three great kids and am married to a great man who's 85 pound weight loss last year is one of my greatest motivators because I've always been the "skinnier" one ...and well he's just 25lbs from my weight now!!!
  • jendiet, it's tomorrow that I have to work. it should be a good day. went for a power walk and to run errands before supper tonight.
  • Hi Everyone!

Total Approx 1515 calories +

Breakfast ( 400 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    1 piece thin sliced bread toasted 60 calories
    Fruit spread 30 calories
    juice equivalent to 60 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (415 Calories)
    2 pieces thin sliced bread 120 calories
    Smoked Turkey Breast 50 calories
    Laughing Cow spreadable cheese wedge 35 calories
    Siggi's vanilla yogurt 110 calories
    Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
    sirloin steam 340 calories
    2 servings steamed carrots 200 calories
    some of DH's french fries - they gave him more than normal - I shouldn't have eaten them. 160 calories

Exercise:
    KCM's Lean Body Circuits, whole workouts w/5's
    still working on my steps but plan to get them all in.
  • good night all! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed. have a busy day at work tomorrow!
  • Ciecie, get some rest.

granny, will look up fitbit charge 3.

kdmay, I also do IF. I skip breakfast and just have low carb coffee and try to do OMAD but follow the CAD rules as much as possible...but regardless done eating after dinner which I try to have by 5pm...lately though tried chewing gum or drinking low carb tea. That's awesome hubby is your motivator

Larry, will check it out...so now you are vegetarian??

ciecie, have a good day tomorrow at work
  • Quote: Larry, will check it out...so now you are vegetarian??
    Jendiet I am a carnivore not a vegetarian. If you see me eating a salad in a restaurant, I have been kidnapped and I am trying to signal you.

• Today was the first day back to work for me after a 11 days off. I had trouble falling a sleep last night so I was not ready for the 4AM wake up call. I really wanted to press snooze a couple times but couldn’t since we had a busy morning ahead of us. DD had morning swim practice at 5 followed by show choir pictures with the works(show make-up and fancy hair, which took both of us and hour and 15 mins ) followed by a 12 hour show choir retreat with a second swim practice in the afternoon. Wish I had half the energy she has! I did manage to get my workout in and stayed within range calorie wise. My carb count exceeded the planned 100. I went back and reviewed my meals, most of my carbs came from healthy foods so I’m ok with it. Next time I’ll know not to pair those items together.

Calories: 1167
    Carbs: 120
    4.43 miles
    20 kettlebell swings
  • Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Dream710- yes I did do some biggest loser challenges back in the day!

Kdmay5- congrats on your weight loss! I think junior member just means that you don't have many posts yet? Regardless, you are in the right place.

Today was ok. I have not started counting calories again yet, but I was mindful of my eating and I got my water in. My Apple watch came in the mail today so I will be able to track my steps tomorrow. Weather is supposed to be bad here tomorrow so I'm not sure if I will be going to work but I will try to get 10,000 steps regardless.
  • Good eve
    I am a tired puppy tonight
    kellijpa....I can not thank you enough for your words of encouragement, that has meant so much to me, from the bottom of my heart.
    Jen your wisdom keeps me going as we travel this road together

I did not stick to my OMAD today will just have to ease back into it but this tired girl is going to bed...night to all rest well
  • Nancy, as you do me.

Larry, lol. Always,been a salad and veggie lover.

That should be fun setting up Fashion.

dream, that is so cool about DD. blah to 4am wake up times!! I do better staying up to 4am...which reminds me I need melatonin...

so I bought a cheaper band, I just don't want to invest 150 in something. This thing has a lot of bells and whistles and has good reviews. I also got an Omron body fat analyzer that dr. Offices use...you hold them...I got a lot of fat, so I won't be shocked.

both gadgets don't get here until January 11th though...thinking about setting 4am alarm to see if I can find my tracker just by it buzzing and lighting up for the 4am time I last set it for...

I'm still up repairing digitizers to my kids tablets and will take melatonin and go lay down at least.

I haven't logged calories in a while...thinking about starting back with that tomorrow...