January 2019 - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - Everyone Welcome!

You're on Page 2 of 40
Go to
  • Good Morning, Everyone! Happy New Year!

Last night: Full Body Stretch and exercises from the Dr.
    This Morning: Oxycise

Calories for yesterday: 1705 +
    Weigh In: 188.8
    Down: .2

Have a Blessed day!

Copied from Crosswalk Devotions for Dieters

January 1

1 Corinthians 6:19
    What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

As Christians, we believe that God dwells within us. Our bodies become His home, and it makes sense that we should try to make His surroundings as nice as possible. The temple of God in Israel was kept immaculately clean and pure. Only the most clean and holy of men were allowed to enter it. It was revered by all. The temple was the most holy and special place of all. When we are told that our bodies are the temple of God, it is not an option whether or not we will take care of it; it is a duty. When we care for our physical being, we are making God's temple a holy and special place.

Today's thought: We diet not only for ourselves, but for God!
  • Good morning everyone, happy New Year.
    Welcome to all the new and old to the thread, please post because we love to read the good the great and even the oops's.
    Granny, I am glad you mentioned the new quirks on renpho I had to look closer at mine and what do you know those numbers are there LOL my numbers look good except for the darn subcutaneous fat....well work in progress <sigh>

WI the same but today I am posting 166.8, I did get down to 163.6 in December but this week off from work has really challenged me. I am down though from last year so that is a plus. With this new instant pot for quick meals that both DH and I can eat will be a tremendous help. We will be sitting down in a bit to plan the weeks main meal as breakfast/lunch we typically do separate. Exercise wise, have the gym bag packed to start going back, all the injuries seem to be healed but I know I will need to start slow again.

Going to get my morning cup of coffee then plan the week with DH, back later
  • Starting weight is 196.8, back to where I started last year.
    Food goal will be between 1400 and 1500 calories.
    Drink 48 ounces of water. Drinking water is hard for me for some reason
    Today I will be doing 30 minutes of cardio by riding my air bike at home.

Looking forward to this accountability..
  • good morning again! power walked and ran errands this morning. will have lunch in a few minutes.
  • Hello all! I have been a member here since 2009 after having my first son. I lost about 30 lbs with the help of this forum, but unfortunately 10 years and two more kids later and I have gained it all back plus some. I was posting here for a little while last year until I found out I was pregnant with number 3. I really love the accountability and support here and I hope it's ok if I re-join the group. I weigh on Fridays. My goals besides weight loss are to drink more water (64oz+ to start out and work my way up to a gallon a day) and to get in 10,000 steps per day. I just ordered an Apple watch to help me with that and I'm excited, it should be here on Thursday!I will eventually start going to the gym for classes like Zumba and Body Pump. I'm excited to start this journey (again) and get to know you all!
  • welcome back fashionjunkie! I just got home from power walking and running errands. did 2 miles leslie Sansone today.
  • Diana, Nancy, Teri, and to all of you wonderful ladies, Happy New Year! Weekend Boater here! Long story about my pass ( I spent hours trying to find it). I miss being here, I really do! I miss so much about it and I regret being away so long, I know that life gets busy sometimes and we can't help it but stillll! It's just something I should of never let go but I hope now to move forward each and every day! I hope that you are all well! I will write when I can........again a big hug to you all and a very happy and healthy new year!

Here is to a great new start for us all tomorrow and a great new day! Hugs
  • OM STARS Weekend!!!!!! it has been ages! And the gang is still here, of course it will be a bit tricky to remember your new name but I think we can adjust LOL
    Can't wait to see you start posting again and at least get the readers digest version of what you have been up too.
    fashionjunkie welcome welcome welcome
    ceejay can't wait to learn more about you
  • fashinjunkie09 HI and welcome to the check-in.

FullSteamAhead ( Weekend Boater ) Welcome back!

Also, welcome to all the regulars! It's great to have you continuing on with journey here.
  • Hi Everyone!

I think I lost my post from last night. I cant find it. I had leftovers from last night, so I was going to copy and paste to make it easy. But I can't find it. Where does stuff like that go on here?

Total approx 1880 calories + holiday foods are done!
    Breakfast ( 250 calories & )
    Frittata
    spritz olive oil in pan
    2 large eggs 140 calories
    veggies 60
    14 g. shredded cheese 50 calories
    coffee w/cream & sugar

Lunch (630 calories)
    chick-fil-a market salad w/BHF's ranch 430 calories
    shared ice dream w/DH 200 calories

Dinner (1000 calories)
    Pork Chop 400 calories
    corn bread 200 calories
    rice 100 calories
    black eye peas 100 calories
    collard greens 100 calories
    yasso fudge brownie 100 calories

Exercise
    1 hour outdoor walk & 10,000 steps
  • Quote: Hello, I'm a 68 year old female. Can I join this young group? Need some accountability.
    Welcome ceejay They accept me at 74 so you are part of the young group at 68.
  • Hi everyone! I was under plan today. I guess I’m making up for overindulging yesterday. My goal is to stay around 1400 calories and 100 carbs or less.

1068 calories
    97 carbs
    3.2 miles/85
    40 kettlebell swings/240
  • I had a great New Years Day motorcycle ride with the Southern Cruisers Riding Club. The round trip was 150 miles in 80 degrees and sunshine. We ate lunch at a restaurant on the water front of the Gulf of Mexico. I stayed on my Keto diet by choosing a burger with no bun, no sides and no condiments. I had them put a slice of cheddar cheese and two bacon strips. Then I added hot sauce at the table as my condiment. It came to 500 calories and zero carbs. The cheese and bacon helped me increase the fat content. According to My Fitness Pal four hours of motorcycle riding on twisty roads burned 689 calories.
  • [QUOTE=fashinjunkie09;5377849]Hello all! I have been a member here since 2009 after having my first son. I lost about 30 lbs with the help of this forum, but unfortunately 10 years and two more kids later and I have gained it all back plus some. I was posting here for a little while last year until I found out I was pregnant with number 3. I really love the accountability and support here and I hope it's ok if I re-join the group. I weigh on Fridays. My goals besides weight loss are to drink more water (64oz+ to start out and work my way up to a gallon a day) and to get in 10,000 steps per day. I just ordered an Apple watch to help me with that and I'm excited, it should be here on Thursday!I will eventually start going to the gym for classes like Zumba and Body Pump. I'm excited to start this journey (again) and get to know you all![/QUOTE

Welcome back! I just started back after a long hiatus too. Your username looks familiar, did you ever do the biggest loser challenges they had back then?
  • welcome back fullsteamahead! will be shutting down in a few minutes to go to bed.