I want to move it, move it, in 2019!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • YOU can challenge yourself to daily, weekly, monthly & definitely yearly miles. I enjoy having both daily and yearly goals. It's easy to keep track of and it keeps me motivated to keep moving through the winter months & lazy periods. I wear my fitbit all day long and record both exercise plus daily movement (but you can record whatever you want to).

My daily goal is 10,000 steps or 4.5 miles (I post these on my home calendar).

My yearly goal will be 1,642 miles, which for me is 10,000 steps a day x 365 days (which I will make a 2019 ticker for and update total miles for the year several times per month throughout the year).

Join us anytime in 2019, have fun & KEEP MOVING!
  • Tabbycat here.
    I ended 2018 far below my goal, but I'll start again.
    I swim and bike, but this goal will be just for my walking... my INTENTIONAL WALKING in addition to and outside of any usual walking in normal daily activities (like work or errands). Swimming and biking are cardio but not weight-bearing, and I need weight-bearing for my osteopenia.
    My monthly goal is 30 miles, and my goal for the year will be 365 miles.
    That may seem ridiculously low, but it will be double what I actually did in 2018.
    I will count outdoor walks around the block, treadmill walking, and Leslie Sansome Walk Away the Pounds DVD sessions.

Jan1: 2 mi
    Jan3: 2 mi
    Jan4: 2 mi
    Jan5: 2 mi
    Jan7: 2 mi
    Jan10: 1 mi
    Total Miles Through Jan: 11

Feb2: 3 mi
    Feb9: 2 mi
    Feb11: 2 mi
    Feb15: 2 mi
    Feb18: 2 mi
    Total Miles Through Feb: 22

Mar30: 2 mi
    Total Miles Through March: 24

Apr1: 2 mi
    Apr6: 2 mi
    Apr8: 2 mi
    Apr9: 2 mi
    Apr 12: 2 mi
    Apr14: 2 mi
    Apr 15: 2 mi
    Apr 22: 2 mi
    Apr 27: 4 mi
    Total miles through April: 44

June1: 2 mi
    June16: 3 mi Sansone dvd
    June17: 3 mi Sansone dvd
    June23: 4 mi Sansone dvd
    June24: 3 mi Sansone dvd
    June25: 2 mi dvd AM; 3 mi dvd PM
    June26: 2 mi dvd AM
    June27: 3 mi dvd AM; 2 mi dvd PM
    June30: 4 mi dvd PM
    Total miles through June: 75

July1: 4 mi dvd PM
    July2: 4 mi dvd PM
    July4: 4 mi dvd PM
    July5: 2 mi outdoor (wicked heat!)

Total through early July: 89

Forgot to post here! I did a 5K in late September, with a few days of training before it, so I'll be conservative and add 7 miles for September

Total miles through Sept: 96

October: Nasty fall kept me from walking all month.

Nov3: 2 mi outdoor walk
    Nov4: 2 mi outdoor
    Nov23: 4 mi outdoor

Total through Nov: 104
  • Hope you don’t mind if I join. I fell short on my 2018 goal of 1009 miles mainly due to lack of accountability, motivation and life getting in the way. My goal for this year will be to recommit to myself and my goals.

2019 Goals:
    1010 miles/year
    85 miles/month
  • Hope I can join in with you. I'm tracking steps/distance with my Fitbit so I'd like to make that my goal, regardless of whatever other exercise I do.

I'm aiming for 910 miles/year, which is 70 miles/month.

I'd like to set a higher target but I know that I didn't achieve that much this year so I'd rather be realistic than disappointed every month!
  • Quote: Tabbycat here.
    I ended 2018 far below my goal, but I'll start again.
    I swim and bike, but this goal will be just for my walking... my INTENTIONAL WALKING in addition to and outside of any usual walking in normal daily activities (like work or errands). Swimming and biking are cardio but not weight-bearing, and I need weight-bearing for my osteopenia.
    My monthly goal is 30 miles, and my goal for the year will be 365 miles.
    That may seem ridiculously low, but it will be double what I actually did in 2018.
    I will count outdoor walks around the block, treadmill walking, and Leslie Sansome Walk Away the Pounds DVD sessions.
    Tabbycat, to the new thread. I like that your goal is measuring Intentional Walking. Sounds like you have good motivation to keep moving all year round. I have several Sansome DVD's that I use in the winter months. I just bought some Jessica Smith DVD's and really like her as well. Good to have you on board.
  • Quote: Hope you don’t mind if I join. I fell short on my 2018 goal of 1009 miles mainly due to lack of accountability, motivation and life getting in the way. My goal for this year will be to recommit to myself and my goals.

2019 Goals:
    1010 miles/year
    85 miles/month
    dream, to the thread. It's great that you will be joining us this year. Hoping that you'll meet your goals this year. I joined this thread years ago for accountability in the winter months primarily.
  • Quote: Hope I can join in with you. I'm tracking steps/distance with my Fitbit so I'd like to make that my goal, regardless of whatever other exercise I do.

I'd like to set a higher target but I know that I didn't achieve that much this year so I'd rather be realistic than disappointed every month!
    Newlyn, to the thread. So glad you'll be joining us this year. I track my miles on my Fitbit also. You have a nice monthly goal, which you can change up or down to your needs.
  • Come join us moving all year long in 2019.

Keep Moving!
  • Thanks for the welcome!!

1: 2.79 miles (from Fitbit)
  • First day of the year in the books. Stayed on plan and worked out.

3.2/85 miles
    3.2/1010 miles
  • work hard if you wanna achieve your goal this is the rule
  • Day 2
    4.43 miles treadmill
    20 kettlebell swings
    7.63/85
    7.63/1010
  • I'm aiming for 910 miles/year, which is 70 miles/month.

2: 3.1 miles
  • I'm aiming for 910 miles/year, which is 70 miles/month.

2: 3.1 miles
    3: 3.8 miles
  • Day 3

3.60 miles treadmill
    40 kettlebell swings

11.23/85
    11.23/1010