Daily Challenge To Stay On Program

You're on Page 7 of 15
Go to
  • GettinFit, I am soooo ready for Spring! I hate the cold.

Boater, glad to see that you've had a good OP day! Keep it up!

As for me, well, my day has been crazy in the eating department. I did not make a menu for today, so of course, I've eaten just whatever, which is NOT good. I am eating Keto-approved foods, but I have went over my portion sizes for today. On a good note, my DH and I went to a Mexican restaurant and I did NOT eat one chip! Today was the first day I've been there since starting this WOE.

Also, I compared a picture of myself from July and a picture of myself today and I could actually see a little difference...not a whole lot, but enough to make me happy that I've started trying to eat better and change.
  • Gregg: great job I’m resisting the chips. I love tortilla chips and salsa and quest dip so I know how hard it can be to resist them. Congrats on your success from July to now too. By spring I hope we’re all down a good bit in our weight.
  • Hi ladies Happy Sunday night.

GettinFit, thanks so much! I totally agree about the positive attitude towards the weight loss journey, it makes such a big difference and yes we will be tested at times along the journey but we must endure! I remember hitting a plateu after the 3rd month last time even though I was perfectly OP, boy was that trying, but just kept with it to the help of the chicks here and mind work and bam! 4th month I think I lost another 8!

Thank you for the encouragement, I am starting to feel more like myself. I hope that you had a wonderful night as well and I look forward to your news. WTG on packing your lunch and getting a walk in at Stone mountain.

sgregg, thank you as well! I so totally understand and hear you on not having a menu plan! It is such a danger zone for me. Bravo on resisting those chips and on posting! I would be so proud of myself of that, those stupid chips are hard to resist! lol Today is a new day and wishing your having a good one and lest we all not forget tomorrow we start a whole new day! Speaking of menu I have my paln for tonight but I MUST plan and get to the market for my ingredients and plan for the next 3-4 days. What you said about your pic is cool but what you said about trying to eat better and change is so much to be proud of there in as of itself, that is super! We all start there and what a wonderful goal! I feel the same way and already feel so much better.

Oh, I hateeeeee winter! I loathe it! lol We have been fortunate to not get much snow at all this year thus far. What you said GettinFit about spring around the corner is so nice to hear! We change the clocks ahead next month too! In any event, I am thinking okay do my tapes and program and get ready for when it gets milder and I can hit the great outdoors walking real soon! It is always nice to think of those incentives.

My news, so far so good! Yesterday I was exhausted as a result of not sleeping well but I slept well last night and feel so totally much better today! No WII yet GettinFit but me and things are starting to get on an even keel and it's on the way. I caught up with some work around here and also saw my folks which I had missed tremendously. (I was sick a long time and afraid to go over).

NSV - my clothes fit so much better, my face feels better and my parents noticed right away my physique! I can retain fluids if I eat things I am sensitive too and my tummy feels rotten, since I made the switch again I feel a big difference physically in as far as how I look and feel. My goal is to finish strong the remainder of our 5 days left to this month but again I must bring the forefront of my focus back onto the DAY a thand. I have tonight and then tomorrow we tackle the day and I wish a great one for us all.

Yesterdays menu: lunch -2 h.b eggs in salad (fancy greens..tango, romaine, f.f balsamic vinigraitte

Dinner: approx. 5 ounces balsamic rosemary chicken breast, sm. bak, potatoe (sour cream), broccoli.

( I skipped dessert and didn't even have one bit of DH big ice cream thing! lol, why blow it now? It was nights end!)

snacks- 1 packet salted cashews (I am bad and I if I get the can may over indulge).

-5 kalamata olives

night before I had same dinner but only about 3 oz. chicken and had the 1/2 potato (did not finish it) and broccoli .

Today's menu:

Lunch- 2 h.b eggs ( I got busy)

dinner- I will have baked stuff brocc and cheese chicken breast, salad (greek).

THat's all my news for now, I intend to and hope for another good nights sleep, a good market run tomorrow and more on my plan for tomorrow.

Wishing you both a wonderful and successful night, let's keep it going!
  • Happy Monday ladies,

Boater: to your parents noticing your loss! So glad you're starting to feel like yourself again. I hope you're 100% real soon. Hang in there. I'm dreading the day I start plateauing. That is no fun. Glad you were able to get caught up on your sleep too. That's how I'm feeling today. At one point I was so sleepy and I got up and went for a 40 min walk on the track here at work. It helped a little. I'm about to head home now and I get to work from home tomorrow, Thursday and Friday so I can sleep a little later on those days. We have the Super Bowl in ATL on Sunday and there is lots going on in the city and since I work close to it, we have the option of working from home this week.

sgregg: I hope you're having a good day.

For me it's been good. Last night I had a slip up with Reduced Fat Club Crackers (I ate a whole sleeve) but now they are all gone and it's a new day. I did track them in my eTools and counted the Points.

I'll come back later to post today's log.
  • HI there!

GettinFit, thanks so much! I made it to the market! lol That was my biggest goal for today and so happy, I would of been in big trouble without doing that as I had nothing left in the house. I got all my ingredients for at least 5-7 days, thank goodness! WTG on that walk today even though how you were feeling . Reg. the crackers not too bad and I hear you and yes totally it is a new day!! Again, I admire you for doing your walk and that is awesome that you get to work from home those days! : ).

sgregg, hope your having a good day as well, do keep us posted.

As for me, so far so good...like I said, today I was just happy to get to the market and get my stuff. Tonights menu is roast chicken (I always eat the breast , no skin) , butternut squash, and salad. My lunch is always the same for now, either h.b eggs alone or in a salad, thin'trim turkey or chicken in a lettuce roll up or in a salad. I bought some fresh coldcuts for lunch and snacks and plenty of eggs. Oh and I did end up snacking on a packet of cashews after dinner lastnight
  • I got on the WII! FOr me, a big milestone! IT's a start and usually a great catalyst! More tomorrow! Have a great night.
  • Good morning ladies,

Boater: Congrats on getting started on the WII. That is great. I hope you felt ok afterwards. Glad you made it to the market yesterday as well. I admire you that you can control your cashews. I hope to one day get to the point where I can count out a serving and only eat that. I had to give up my nuts week before last when I realized I was going through the can way too soon. I may go on line later and order some of the mini packs like they serve on the plane. How are things going with your DH's sight?

sgregg: I hope all is good with you.

So far so good with me this morning. We may get some snow flurries here today and when that happens, everything shuts down around here. That means it should be a quiet work day.

Yesteterday's log
    B: Turkey breast w/1 sl Velveeta cheese, banana, coffee
    L: SmartOnes Dinner, WW bar
    D: Chicken breast, 1 tbsp lite mayo, Light wheat bun, 3 Dove Dark Chocolates, Coffee w/Flavored creamer
    S: orange, pear, WW popped potato crisps
    Exercise: Walked 40 mins

Today's Log
    B: Coffee w/creamer, skim milk, apple w/1tbsp cashew butter
    L: Corn, tomato, Okra gumbo w/chicken breast, WW bar
    D: TBD
    S: TBD
    Exercise: FIRM DVD
  • Good morning

GettinFit, thanks regarding the WII, I did feel better after! I like the step and I change up or mod some of the movements to work more muscles. I particularly need upper bod, all over but I need that upper bod. We got some snow here this morning too and are in for a cold blast coming next several days but then milder again after that. I soooooooo can't wait for nicer weather.
    DH's sight has not worsened which is a real positive as it is my understandning that sometimes it can worsen after an event like that within the first 2 weeks after it has happened. They are d
  • ok, I lost half my post, auto restore cut it. I will see if I can replicate some of it, lol They are doing some more test just to be cautious, we have an appt. Thursday to follow up.

snow here today and just yucky, so glad I went to the store yesterday. Can't wait for spring.

Oh my pc is sticking, I will cut it here but I had also wrote about the nuts! I said I can't take the credit because I don't have control lol that's why I get the packets occasionally. I will rewrite the info again soon (pack etc), logging before this pc goes more wonky on me! sgregg hi. wishing you ag reat day ladies, gettinfit will catch up soon!
  • GettinFit, aslooo wtg on the workouts and your menus
  • Hey y'all!

Boater - Yay for getting on the WII and staying on plan! Roast chicken sounds good!

GettinFit - So glad that you tracked those crackers....some days we are going to have those slip ups, but we must always remember to get back on track for the next meal. You got this!

As for me...allergies and sinus issues...ugh! We had one beautiful day that messed my head all up...now I have runny eyes, half stopped up nose, and having to sleep with my mouth open, so a scratchy throat. On the plus side, NO SCHOOL (work) TODAY! We were under a winter watch last night and they were afraid of the wet roads and freezing temps so the boss went ahead and closed school today. I am thankful for extra day at home to get rid of this cold. Plus, I can use this day to work on my online class.
    Boater - since I am in Mississippi, they shut everything down too. We don't even have snow today and everything is shut down.

Yesterday
    Breakfast - sausage gravy over eggs (low carb gravy)
    Lunch - leftover chicken thighs and green beans
    Dinner - bunless burger with fried egg on top, bacon, lettuce, tomato, pickle
    Snacks (too many of these) - a couple of strawberries, a serving of pecan halves, cheddar & Moz. cheese sticks, bacon - It's almost my TOM and I am craving food badly...just wanting to snack on everything.

Plan for today:
    Breakfast: maybe scrambled eggs with cheese and spinach (I may skip this and just drink my coffee)
    Lunch: leftover burger or leftover roast and cauli-mash
    Dinner: Taco soup
  • Hi Ladies,

This is a quick check in for me. I hope you both have had a good day. Mine has been good just busy. Eating was good today and I did a walk at work.

B orange, coffee
    L salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing, tuna, WW bar
    D WW bar, coffee, skim milk
    S WW potato crisps, banana
    Exercise 30 min walk
  • Hi ladies,

I hope you're both having a good Thursday. I can't believe January is over! It looks like we've all had a good month with our weight loss plans and I hope we can all keep in going in February. I'm sure we can if we stay committed to ourselves.

Boater: I hope your computer is doing okay. Let us know how your DHs appointment goes today.
    sgregg: I hope your weather is getting better. It's supposed to warm up to 50 here today and they're saying it will be near 70 around Sunday/Monday. Crazy weather.

All is good with me. Eating has been on plan and workouts are getting done.

Today's Log
    B: Turkey breast, coffee w/1/4 C skim milk and flavored creamer
    L: LF Tuna melt, cucumber, WW bar
    D: Taco soup, coffee w/creamer
    S: banana, apple w/cashew butter, blueberries
    Exercise: Firm Boot camp Maximum Calorie Burn and 20 min Turbo Jam workout
  • Hi ladies, a quick fly by as the time slipped from me and I need to get my hair and some things ready for the appt. GettinFit, thanks so much, I will update you..we are going this afternoon and should have some more results back too. Bravo on your menus, they look awesome! Sgregg, I hope thaty our feeling better, ty for the encouragement...that goes out to both of you. Things are going well, I had beef night last night (meatloaf) and night before stuff chicken with salad, turkey and salad for lunch........more on that later. I felt fluids yesterday and found I think it was fromt hat stupid turkey, lol. I will definitely be here for our new month and look forward to it.......thank god march is aroudnt he corner, cant wait until we change the clocks. Ok, I better run...hope to catch upmore soon. thanks for everything and keep up the great work, hugs
  • Hi ladies How are you? I hope that you both had a good day and have a good night.

We had DH appt. this afternoon and the MRI came back negative : ) I think they are just being cautious and ruling out any potential serious causes, they even did a lyme test! Everything is looking good, we just have one more test which I also feel is a precaution and will be negative and from there we follow up in a few months!
    We stopped in for dinner after the apt, and ih ad balsamic rosemary chicken breast (1), 1/2 baked potato, and some broccoli....oh an a bit of sour cream with potato. It was a good day plan wise and I can't believe tomorrow is the first day of February! I caught up with some tihngs here and with myself which feels good!!

GettinFit, I hope you had a great day and again bravo on your workouts! I am glad the weather will be gtting milder for you. OMG we are in a cold spell right now but by Monday it will be mild! Keep up the great work!

sgregg, how are you feeling? your menus look great as well and I hope that you feel better. Let's all keep tackling this one day at a time and I wish us all a great new day and start to our month tomorrow!

More tomorrow, sleep well ladies and catch up soon!